Is DISH Retiring the 722?

Since pictures have been published, it's clear Scott did not mean his remark to be taken so literally.

It will serve the purpose of the ViP211 series, plus a little additional functionality. And a common UI for consistency across platforms. Or so we're led to believe.

No doubt the chipset will be updated, and have a better, faster CPU and more RAM. Internet connection. Built in wireless?

Coming "soon" to a beta tester no where near you.

Doesn't matter, DIRECTV charges $22 for a one room HD DVR with only 2 Tuners.
Dish Hopper 2 with Three tuners at only $15 is well under the competition.

So whether you say "Nope" or not doesn't change the fact that the dual Tuner receiver days are over.

I liked the 722, But sorry there is no way I would ever choose the 722 over a Hopper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
D* does NOT charge $22 for a 2 tuner DVR. They charge you $7 for a 2 tuner DVR and I think $15 for a "Advanced DVR" (Genie or Genie Light?) My HR24-200 is $7 extra a month. My 2 Minis are $14 (combined) and my Genie Server is free since you get ONE Free.

Will the Wally require the hybrid lnb, or just be able to work with it? Will the Wally come with OTA tuner? Will the Wally allow dvr functionality for a one time fee of $40?
Wally has been releced and Yes it can run a DVR, Yes it can run an OTA tuner, and Yes it supports the new UI

D* does NOT charge $22 for a 2 tuner DVR. They charge you $7 for a 2 tuner DVR and I think $15 for a "Advanced DVR" (Genie or Genie Light?) My HR24-200 is $7 extra a month. My 2 Minis are $14 (combined) and my Genie Server is free since you get ONE Free.
Clearly you don't comprehend or read.
Clearly you need to read the fine print of your New customer offer.
Its not an Advanced DVR fee.
Its an Advanced Receiver fee and all DVR accounts have a $15 fee.
And then a $7 charge for each receiver.

I don't want to hear about your New Customer promo.
Even the all included offers Still have these fees embedded in their regular pricing once the new customer offer expires.
How do you think they come up with the Price of $121 on the Ultimate all included pack under regular pricing?
Thats a $92 package.
Add $15 ADRF and $14 for the 2 rooms of service and you get $121.
Magic...

1 room of service with HR24 is going to cost you $22 a month in fees over your Basepackage under regular pricing.

But I know, your parents account is the only Directv AT&T account in existence that has no equipment fees.

Actually upon further investigation.
The new Ultimate all included pack is now $128 for 4 rooms.
That tells me maybe Directv is dropping the First receiver fee?
That would be good news.

But back on topic, since this isn't Directv area, I sure hope Dish doesn't turn that $0 First room fee into a charge.

Wally has been releced and Yes it can run a DVR, Yes it can run an OTA tuner, and Yes it supports the new UI

I didn't ask if it could run an OTA tuner, I asked if it came with one. I didn't ask if it could run a DVR, I asked if it had DVR functionality for $40. I didn't ask if it supported the new UI, I asked if it required the hybrid LNB. Other than those three things, thanks for your response.

I didn't ask if it could run an OTA tuner, I asked if it came with one. I didn't ask if it could run a DVR, I asked if it had DVR functionality for $40. I didn't ask if it supported the new UI, I asked if it required the hybrid LNB. Other than those three things, thanks for your response.

No builtin OTA tuner. Yes it works with hybrid LNB. Yes it has DVR functionality $40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I know, your parents account is the only Directv AT&T account in existence that has no equipment fees.
Actually, my Directv account now has no equipment fees. I am grandfathered for the first receiver free, and I switched to a single standard-definition non-DVR receiver to eliminate the HD receiver fee.