Is the 922 free yet?

Hey guys...I didn't want to start a new thread, so thought I would ask this here because it's somewhat related.

I have a 922 and 612. I would like to replace the 612 with an additional 922 (I like the UI). Anyway, I chatted with Dish to find out the costs (upgrade and monthly). They told me that the 922 would cost me $649......

Is there no way to add a second 922 for less than that?

Thanks.

They might only allow for 1 receiver per account at the discounted rate (otherwise it would take them 4 years to subsidize rather than 2). Maybe one of the DIRT people can chime in with an option though.

They might only allow for 1 receiver per account at the discounted rate (otherwise it would take them 4 years to subsidize rather than 2). Maybe one of the DIRT people can chime in with an option though.

There can only be 1 leased 922 on an account, any additional 922's need to be purchased. Through us, a 922 is $649, so it would be a wise choice to check some out online (such as dishstore.net) to see if you can get one at a cheaper price. REMEMBER: If you're going to buy one from ebay or something, get the receiver number and call DISH to make sure the receiver is PURCHASED and does not have a balance.

There can only be 1 leased 922 on an account, any additional 922's need to be purchased. Through us, a 922 is $649, so it would be a wise choice to check some out online (such as dishstore.net) to see if you can get one at a cheaper price. REMEMBER: If you're going to buy one from ebay or something, get the receiver number and call DISH to make sure the receiver is PURCHASED and does not have a balance.
Why only one 922 lease? Is this true of all DVR/receivers Dish offers?

if you have a second one, that you buy, is there still a monthly fee?

I don't know why, but the 922 is the only receiver that we only allow one leased of (you can have multiples of other receiver, provided you're not at the leased receiver limit)

if you have a second one, that you buy, is there still a monthly fee?

Yes, monthly receiver fees are the same regardless if the equipment is leased or purchased

IIRC, in the past there has been this limit for new receivers, and it was explained as having something to do with being due to limited stock. Could the supply of ViP922s still be tight?

$200. one-time extra non-recurring fee, and $10. instead of $6./month recurring fee for DVR, and you have to CALL-IN. Not available by the online ordering on DishNetwork.com. With a commitment, you can get free-for-life HD, though.

That seems a tad high, especially when combined with the extra $4/mo. I was thinking more like $99, which has been traditional with both E* and D* for equipment upgrades for new signups.

I'm thinking more like a Free Upgrade(with another 24 month contract) because it's $4. extra anyways, and since I got my current 722k/wMT2 upgrade for Free with a 24 month contract(through the Loyalty Department).That's the deal I will be looking for at the end of my current contract,Jan.2013 I believe if the Good Lord's willing,and the creek don't rise,and the world don't end!:eek:.;):D

I understand it's hard to get them to replace a ViP722 with a ViP722K, since Dish considers them equal.

I understand it's hard to get them to replace a ViP722 with a ViP722K, since Dish considers them equal.

That's what I have read also,but if the Dish Network subscriber is also a SatGuys lurker then that becomes an installer's nightmare as that is a subscriber who has the knowledge from here and knows there is a difference(Dual Over The Air tuners in the MT2 Module,so you can record 2 Sat and 2OTA programs at the same time).

That is what happened when I wanted a free upgrade(with a 24 month commitment)to a 722k/wMT2 from a 622 I owned.:)

According to the Retailer Chat Recap, it is going to be free begining Oct 1st for Grade A customers. Hope I can qualify.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-retailer-chat-recap-september-3.html

From Scott:
Yeah I saw that but didn't post it since most customers do not quality as a grade A customer.
If your not a Grade A customer then the cost is still $200. BTW we can't tell what a customers grade is, so please dont ask.

According to the Retailer Chat Recap, it is going to be free begining Oct 1st for Grade A customers. Hope I can qualify.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-network-retailer-chat-recap-september-3.html

From Scott:
Yeah I saw that but didn't post it since most customers do not quality as a grade A customer.
If your not a Grade A customer then the cost is still $200. BTW we can't tell what a customers grade is, so please dont ask.

yeah i just wonder how they "grade" us

From Scott:

Well the way I am going to look at it is,if not it's not my time to have my DVR Fee go from $6. to$10. a month.;)

Actually Dish Network should make it easy.Email all who qualify to ask it they would like to move up to the 922.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts