Is there enough Bandwidth to add espn2 HD, Starz HD, etc.?

the MAGIC????? L O L the magic havent sold out a game in ages, noone cares about them anymore.. Maybe this year they might start again as they seem to be doing well, but the bucs stadium is PACKED every dam game and its like 80bucks for a CHEAP SEAT (i had to buy one for my brother inlaw for a wedding gift WTF) and ornaldo magic game cheap seat is less then 20 bucks and still cant sell out..(Orlando Areana = 15k people tampa bay stadium 45k+) Tampa has 2 national champion teams tne lightning and the bucs... although the orlando predetors (AFL) always kick your tampa ass :)

even if those fox channels only showed college, there are teams i'm interested in elsewhere, so......

hmm, i woke up this morning to read your orlando magic beat the utah jazz monday night (best record in the west). that means they are 10 and 4. and yes, some of us sports nerds (proudly raises both hands) still follow the team!!!

my bad......the magic are actually 11 and 4.

i wish nothing but fantastic luck for b hill. he got the rawest of raw deals, which he didn't deserve!!

the MAGIC????? L O L the magic havent sold out a game in ages, noone cares about them anymore.. Maybe this year they might start again as they seem to be doing well, but the bucs stadium is PACKED every dam game and its like 80bucks for a CHEAP SEAT (i had to buy one for my brother inlaw for a wedding gift WTF) and ornaldo magic game cheap seat is less then 20 bucks and still cant sell out..(Orlando Areana = 15k people tampa bay stadium 45k+) Tampa has 2 national champion teams tne lightning and the bucs... although the orlando predetors (AFL) always kick your tampa ass :)

I guess I still remember the Shaq days.

Quite frankly, as the Bucs have shown for decades, when they win, its usually luck that the other team made stupid mistakes - and luck can only get you so far for so long.

I felt the same way as you (except for the price issue - as my BHN video bill is much lower than what I know others pay for Verizon, Comcast, Dish or Directv).

I felt there must be something wrong that BHN was not offering as many HD Channels as Comcast.

One day I sat down and mapped out every channel on Comcast's Atlanta system which I think is a great Comcast System. They pass everything literally at full bitrate - and have Cinemax, StarzHD, MHD - of interest to you would be the ESPN2HD and NFL stuff.

I wanted to compare that 750mhz system to the Tampabay 750mhz system.

What I found after several hours of mapping it out really surprised me as I was convinced someone was wasting bandwidth in the Brighthouse system that was causing the shortage.

This is apples to apples with the Tampa and Atlanta System, but I am sure Orlando is similar.

On the Comcast Atlanta system, they had in HD with no equivalent on BHN:

1) ESPN2HD
2) MHD
3) CinemaxHD
4) STARZHD
5) Local MyNetworkTV HDTV Affiliate

On the TampaBay system, in HD with no equivalent on Comcast Atlanta:
1) Local PBS HD Affiliate
2) A&E HD
3) INHD2
4) HDNET
5) HDNET Movies
6) Universal HD

On top of that, there were 6 4:3 DTV multicast channels (PBS stations multicasts) that were not covered on Comcast.

Now, BHN is not passing through the locals at full bitrate - so its still not apples to apples - but I was surprised to see there was 1 more Full HD Channel on BHN than Comcast.

As I laid out the rest of the system, other things because evident.

Unlike BHN, Comcast does not pass the West Coast feeds of any Showtime Channels saving 7 SD QAM channels. Same with the 2 West Coast The Movie Channel channels - thus 9 SD QAM Channels savings. They do not include Cinemax Thriller Max West, HBO Comedy West or HBO Zone West - thus a total savings of 12 QAM Channels.

If BHN would drop those 12 West Coast feeds (remember that the East Coasts feeds are still available - these are just 3 hours later), BHN would have the Bandwidth to add 2 HD Channels - say CinemaxHD, ESPN2HD, MHD or STARZHD. (My understanding that the STARZHD problem is they make the MSO offer Starz InDemand which BHN does not have).

What makes dropping the 12 West Coast feeds an even more no brainer is 1) the advent of DVRs and 2) all the HBO/Showtime/Cinemax On Demand that BHN offers that I am not sure if Comcast Atlanta offers or not. Why run a West Coast 3 hour delay on this stuff if its available On Demand?

Yes, there were SD channels that Comcast had that BHN didn't - but it went both ways. BHN had Sleuth, CNBC World, Fuel (on the Sports Tier), some Nick channels and Disney too - Comcast had some additional MTV/VH1/BET, NFL Net (should be on the sports tier) and foreign language channels.

Comcast does not have dedicated NFL HD Channel and makes a place for the 8 games a year - just as BHN could do on 650 HD Sports Channel in Tampa if they ever put the NFL NET on the Sports Tier.

The PPV looked very similar - it appears BHN probably has more On Demand stuff than Comcast. BHN had Howard Stern and it doesn't appear Comcast does.

So the bottom line, I expected to see something really wrong with BHN and point to it and say, "see, why can't you do that" I was instead very surprised at how they have more HD stuff than Comcast - even if I did not agree with all the selections.

No as for D* and E*, BHN does offer more HD channels than D* - again, we can debate the selection - but as Directv is only 14 - BHN has them beat.

E* has more HD-LITE channels - but only the 2 HD Movie Channels of 148W (that I suspect I am the only one in Florida receiving - and I am using a 1.2M dish for the extra headroom) look as good as what I can get from BHN via my cablecard.

Although I appreciate you taking the time to analyze all this, I think you operating under the assumption that Bright House Networks in Tampa is full, in other words, they are using all their bandwidth to the max. I am no expert but I would bet $1000 cash on the table right now that Bright House cable is not utilizing all their bandwidth. I have talked to several Bright House employees and the answers on the actual bandwidth use vary, but I have heard figures as low as 1/8th utilization.

I am all but certain that they don't carry StarzHD, CinemaxHD, ESPN2HD and others more so because of licensing issues. They have to make agreements with the Channels. Negotiation is a huge hurdle. If you know anything about business, you should know this. Obviously the cable network wants the most money per subscriber and Bright House wants to pay the least possible for each station. The best we can do is put the pressure on Bright House to go to the table and pay whatever it takes to get these channels on the air. If enough people demand Cinemax HD, they'll negotiate and get it for us.

not that i wanna knock bright house now that i ditched them again for satellite. but i was thinking friday night that i was told three years ago, they were in negotiations to carry fox sports net florida....3 years and they still don't have it!!!

i'm starting to think there are channels they will never carry..........sad but true!

Although I appreciate you taking the time to analyze all this, I think you operating under the assumption that Bright House Networks in Tampa is full, in other words, they are using all their bandwidth to the max. I am no expert but I would bet $1000 cash on the table right now that Bright House cable is not utilizing all their bandwidth. I have talked to several Bright House employees and the answers on the actual bandwidth use vary, but I have heard figures as low as 1/8th utilization.

I am all but certain that they don't carry StarzHD, CinemaxHD, ESPN2HD and others more so because of licensing issues. They have to make agreements with the Channels. Negotiation is a huge hurdle. If you know anything about business, you should know this. Obviously the cable network wants the most money per subscriber and Bright House wants to pay the least possible for each station. The best we can do is put the pressure on Bright House to go to the table and pay whatever it takes to get these channels on the air. If enough people demand Cinemax HD, they'll negotiate and get it for us.

I'll be happy to accept your $1000.

Time Warner has deals with channels such as CinemaxHD and has it in certain areas.

Your 1/8 utilization is ridiculous.

They are expanding out from 750mhz up to the mid 800s - but that is the only way to open more room out.

The delivery system is built out to 1Ghz, but the plant was only up to 750mhz - so that has been the slow down in getting more out.

The way the HD Channels are bandwidth limited and macroblocking now, if you think they have plenty of bandwidth, put down the crack pipe and look again.

I'll be happy to accept your $1000.

Time Warner has deals with channels such as CinemaxHD and has it in certain areas.

Your 1/8 utilization is ridiculous.

They are expanding out from 750mhz up to the mid 800s - but that is the only way to open more room out.

The delivery system is built out to 1Ghz, but the plant was only up to 750mhz - so that has been the slow down in getting more out.

The way the HD Channels are bandwidth limited and macroblocking now, if you think they have plenty of bandwidth, put down the crack pipe and look again.

Yeah, sure, I'll put down the crack pipe. No problem.

I don't know where you get your information. Let's assume they are expanding out from 750mhz up to the mid 800s as you say. That doesn't automatically mean they have used up what they have and they are expanding out because they are full. Who is to say they aren't upgrading for future endeavors? I wise company doesn't wait until they have exhausted all resources to add more. I work with computers for a living. Do you think I wait until a customer's hard drive is full to replace or wait until the memory is running at full utilization before recommending a memory upgrade? NO, I have the foresight to tackle an upgrade long before it is a problem.

You act is if Bright House is such a crappy company they do no planning ahead.

As far as Time Warner, what does their carrying of CinemaxHD have to do with the fact that Bright House has yet to reach an agreement? Bright House broke off of Time Warner long before any contract to carry CinemaxHD would have been made.

If you are getting macroblocking, sorry about your luck. I haven't had any problems in a very long time. I watch the digital channels and the high def channels a lot.

I used to have occasional problems when the amp down the street would take a sh*t, but it has been fine since they replaced it all together after a lot of bitching on my part.

Please cite your sources on Bright House being "maxed" out. Obviously if they were worried about it they wouldn't have started simulcasting channels 1-99 in digital while still carrying all the channels in analog for the non-stb or non-cc customers. That uses more bandwidth, at least until they drop the analog all together, hopefully next year. Unlike you, I cite my sources. A senior tech told me they would drop all analog in 2008. I am not stating this as fact and I take it with a grain of salt. But you spew BS without citing your sources and then have the nerve to tell me to put down the pipe. Get a life!

Yeah, sure, I'll put down the crack pipe. No problem.

I don't know where you get your information. Let's assume they are expanding out from 750mhz up to the mid 800s as you say. That doesn't automatically mean they have used up what they have and they are expanding out because they are full. Who is to say they aren't upgrading for future endeavors? I wise company doesn't wait until they have exhausted all resources to add more. I work with computers for a living. Do you think I wait until a customer's hard drive is full to replace or wait until the memory is running at full utilization before recommending a memory upgrade? NO, I have the foresight to tackle an upgrade long before it is a problem.

You act is if Bright House is such a crappy company they do no planning ahead.

As far as Time Warner, what does their carrying of CinemaxHD have to do with the fact that Bright House has yet to reach an agreement? Bright House broke off of Time Warner long before any contract to carry CinemaxHD would have been made.

If you are getting macroblocking, sorry about your luck. I haven't had any problems in a very long time. I watch the digital channels and the high def channels a lot.

I used to have occasional problems when the amp down the street would take a sh*t, but it has been fine since they replaced it all together after a lot of bitching on my part.

Please cite your sources on Bright House being "maxed" out. Obviously if they were worried about it they wouldn't have started simulcasting channels 1-99 in digital while still carrying all the channels in analog for the non-stb or non-cc customers. That uses more bandwidth, at least until they drop the analog all together, hopefully next year. Unlike you, I cite my sources. A senior tech told me they would drop all analog in 2008. I am not stating this as fact and I take it with a grain of salt. But you spew BS without citing your sources and then have the nerve to tell me to put down the pipe. Get a life!

hmm where Do I begin. First I applaud you for complimenting BHN, and let me get you straight on a few issues..

Lets start at the beginging of your post and ill work down in order on seperate paragraphs keep up ok?

Currently the majority of BHNs network (id say everything built about pre-2004-5 ish) is running with 750mhz gear. All new build areas are running at 875mhz gear. They in oralndo at least arent currently "massivly changeing over to 875 gear" They are in fact installing new 875 gear and in some areas testing and installing new 1ghz gear. The plans as of now are to decrease the number of nodes by ALOT, a Node+1 system. So in a sense an area that had 1 node feed it could now have 4 or more nodes. With new segmented nodes it will greatly increase their BW capcity to allow them to use such great tools as streaming video. Instead of wasteing 200-300mhz of signal on channels they could do "on-demand" streaming of the stations as they are being watched to free up space. Kinda like IPTV setup. Sure BHN is installing the new stuff the 875 and 1ghz gear for the future, but they are also installing it becasue currently they are basicly "full" Expect to see some analog channels moving digital this year in an attempt to get back some wasted bw on analog.

And its important to note what TimeWarner does, as BHN and Timewarner as still business partners and TWC still has a porition of BHN "shares" if you will. BHN and TWC are tied at the hip and usally follow each other like a dog on a leash.

the macroblocking he speaks of isnt the "pixelation" you seem to be talking about, its when watching a intensive HD program and the bw lagging behind caussing it to skip. Sorta like if your streaming a video online and the net gets a hiccup the picture goes crazy and catches up. Truely not a "huge problem" but it does happen on occasion..

BHN surely is at the end of its rope with BW. Without shuffleing stuff around they are in a sense "full". The reason they simulcast the analog channels to digital are to keep customers happy. And to shut sattellite up. Claiming BHN wasnt "true digital" on all channels, now BHN can claim they are. It was more marketing/keeping customers happy the reason they went to digital simulcasting. And I dont know who this senior tech is that said analog would be gone in 08 surely a good guess and he may hit the nail on the head, but I dont see it likely happening unless something dramaticly changes. There biggest "niche" if you will in the TV market is you can have as many tvs as you want for the same price. Got 10 tvs? got 4 same price. With sattllite you have to have a box for each and with the box comes fees. It would also alienate a large porition of BHNS customers who are older people who dont want to change to digital. They enjoy the ease of their own tv.

Now you know the facts.

What are my "sources you ask?

ME

the macroblocking he speaks of isnt the "pixelation" you seem to be talking about, its when watching a intensive HD program and the bw lagging behind caussing it to skip. Sorta like if your streaming a video online and the net gets a hiccup the picture goes crazy and catches up. Truely not a "huge problem" but it does happen on occasion..

Thanks for jumping in with the crackhead, though I doubt he will believe anyone.

Regardless, the Macroblocking I am talking of is massive tiling and pixelation on HD Channels - the lagging and stumbling happen on scene changes, leading me to believe they are remodulating using very few I frames with long GOPs and low bandwidth as we both know they are bandwidth starved and using more that 1/8th of their bandwidth as claimed by others.

Are there any TVs with CableCard1 that tune above 860Mhz? If not, then everyone in a 1Ghz system that wants full access will need a converter box. Can most, or even some, of the boxes presently used in 860Mhz systems tune up to 1Ghz?

This abandonment of 750Mhz cable systems has been good for me. I have been upgrading master antenna systems to include digital UHF signals, and 750Mhz amps, which are now readily available used for about ten percent of their new price, meet my needs just fine.

hmm where Do I begin. First I applaud you for complimenting BHN, and let me get you straight on a few issues..

Lets start at the beginging of your post and ill work down in order on seperate paragraphs keep up ok?

Currently the majority of BHNs network (id say everything built about pre-2004-5 ish) is running with 750mhz gear. All new build areas are running at 875mhz gear. They in oralndo at least arent currently "massivly changeing over to 875 gear" They are in fact installing new 875 gear and in some areas testing and installing new 1ghz gear. The plans as of now are to decrease the number of nodes by ALOT, a Node+1 system. So in a sense an area that had 1 node feed it could now have 4 or more nodes. With new segmented nodes it will greatly increase their BW capcity to allow them to use such great tools as streaming video. Instead of wasteing 200-300mhz of signal on channels they could do "on-demand" streaming of the stations as they are being watched to free up space. Kinda like IPTV setup. Sure BHN is installing the new stuff the 875 and 1ghz gear for the future, but they are also installing it becasue currently they are basicly "full" Expect to see some analog channels moving digital this year in an attempt to get back some wasted bw on analog.

And its important to note what TimeWarner does, as BHN and Timewarner as still business partners and TWC still has a porition of BHN "shares" if you will. BHN and TWC are tied at the hip and usally follow each other like a dog on a leash.

BHN surely is at the end of its rope with BW. Without shuffleing stuff around they are in a sense "full". The reason they simulcast the analog channels to digital are to keep customers happy. And to shut sattellite up. Claiming BHN wasnt "true digital" on all channels, now BHN can claim they are. It was more marketing/keeping customers happy the reason they went to digital simulcasting. And I dont know who this senior tech is that said analog would be gone in 08 surely a good guess and he may hit the nail on the head, but I dont see it likely happening unless something dramaticly changes. There biggest "niche" if you will in the TV market is you can have as many tvs as you want for the same price. Got 10 tvs? got 4 same price. With sattllite you have to have a box for each and with the box comes fees. It would also alienate a large porition of BHNS customers who are older people who dont want to change to digital. They enjoy the ease of their own tv.

Now you know the facts.

What are my "sources you ask?

ME

Are you the same person as HDTVFanAtic? I wasn't asking you your sources. I discovered in less than two minutes of reading these boards the other day that you work for Bright House out of Orlando. I know where you get your information. Not that I think you know it all either, judging by the various answers I get from inside folks at all levels of Bright House. You may, or may not know what you are talking about. Let's assume you do.

I know the story behind Bright House. The family that owned the Tampa network, long before it was TW or Bright House, when it was Paragon or whatever it was before, that guy (family) let TW manage it with rights to take it back under his control at the end of their management contract. And he did, thus forming Bright House Networks. As far as being tied at the hip, I am not so sure about that. But you would know more about that working for them than I would.

I know all about the pixelizing and macro problems, neither of which have happened at all recently.

Regarding analog, I understand why they keep it around. There are always going to be (mostly old) people that don't want to go digital. Like I said in another post, I have a set running on analog in my son's room and know a lot of people that don't use a digital box. The solution is obviously to go 100% digital, scrap the analog all together (which would cut down on theft), and offer a cheaper digital box ($2-$5 a month per set) that would only offer those cheapskates the stations they are familiar with now (1-99). This argument reminds me of the 813 area code split a few years back. They were originally going to make 727 here in St. Pete an overlap of 813 (Tampa) but the old people didn't want ten digit dialing. So fear of changed split the area code instead of overlaying it. Fear of change is obviously keeping analog around.

Let's just assume you are right and the bandwidth is full. This guy (HDTVFanAtic) is going around saying drop the West Coast feeds of Showtime to free up space. Why not drop the six or seven shopping channels nobody watches in the 160's, and other sh!tty channels nobody watches? My guess is they get kickbacks for the shopping channels.

I can certainly think of a lot more channels to drop than the premium channel multiples most of us enjoy. What about the PBS digital non-HD garbage. They are not required to carry all those, only the analog OTA channels at this point. There is a lot of clean up they could do.

Don't bother applauding me for complimenting BHN. I am a computer tech for residential and small business customers and my job is to hook people up with what I see as the best Internet service in the city or county. At this point it is Roadrunner through BHN, but that could certainly change and will in time. I am a reseller of RR and refer a lot of people in addition to that. But don't get me wrong, when Verizon FIOS comes in with their fiber network (hopefully) next year I will probably send people in that direction (self included).

You, being in Orlando, may not know too much about Verizon FIOS fiber to the house yet, but they have already rolled it out to parts of Hillsborough County and Pasco, and I think Manatee maybe. Do a google search for Verizon FIOS channel lineup. They have a lot more channels than we do in any Bright House location. Including StarzHD, TMCHD, CinemaxHD, NFLHD, etc .etc... oh... and they have Starz on Demand.

Bright House will get a run for its money I am sure. That will be great for driving down prices too.

Oh, and sorry you get paid like sh*t. I really am. Maybe you should consider consulting services or a career change.

Thanks for jumping in with the crackhead, though I doubt he will believe anyone.

Regardless, the Macroblocking I am talking of is massive tiling and pixelation on HD Channels - the lagging and stumbling happen on scene changes, leading me to believe they are remodulating using very few I frames with long GOPs and low bandwidth as we both know they are bandwidth starved and using more that 1/8th of their bandwidth as claimed by others.

What are your sources? Do you work for Bright House too? If you are so sure they are maxed out on bandwidth, maybe you'll jump ship and go with Verizon FIOS fiber to your house when it rolls into town hopefully next year!

That will solve all our problems.

Are you the same person as HDTVFanAtic? I wasn't asking you your sources. I discovered in less than two minutes of reading these boards the other day that you work for Bright House out of Orlando. I know where you get your information. Not that I think you know it all either, judging by the various answers I get from inside folks at all levels of Bright House. You may, or may not know what you are talking about. Let's assume you do.

I know the story behind Bright House. The family that owned the Tampa network, long before it was TW or Bright House, when it was Paragon or whatever it was before, that guy (family) let TW manage it with rights to take it back under his control at the end of their management contract. And he did, thus forming Bright House Networks. As far as being tied at the hip, I am not so sure about that. But you would know more about that working for them than I would.

I know all about the pixelizing and macro problems, neither of which have happened at all recently.

Regarding analog, I understand why they keep it around. There are always going to be (mostly old) people that don't want to go digital. Like I said in another post, I have a set running on analog in my son's room and know a lot of people that don't use a digital box. The solution is obviously to go 100% digital, scrap the analog all together (which would cut down on theft), and offer a cheaper digital box ($2-$5 a month per set) that would only offer those cheapskates the stations they are familiar with now (1-99). This argument reminds me of the 813 area code split a few years back. They were originally going to make 727 here in St. Pete an overlap of 813 (Tampa) but the old people didn't want ten digit dialing. So fear of changed split the area code instead of overlaying it. Fear of change is obviously keeping analog around.

Let's just assume you are right and the bandwidth is full. This guy (HDTVFanAtic) is going around saying drop the West Coast feeds of Showtime to free up space. Why not drop the six or seven shopping channels nobody watches in the 160's, and other sh!tty channels nobody watches? My guess is they get kickbacks for the shopping channels.

I can certainly think of a lot more channels to drop than the premium channel multiples most of us enjoy. What about the PBS digital non-HD garbage. They are not required to carry all those, only the analog OTA channels at this point. There is a lot of clean up they could do.

Don't bother applauding me for complimenting BHN. I am a computer tech for residential and small business customers and my job is to hook people up with what I see as the best Internet service in the city or county. At this point it is Roadrunner through BHN, but that could certainly change and will in time. I am a reseller of RR and refer a lot of people in addition to that. But don't get me wrong, when Verizon FIOS comes in with their fiber network (hopefully) next year I will probably send people in that direction (self included).

You, being in Orlando, may not know too much about Verizon FIOS fiber to the house yet, but they have already rolled it out to parts of Hillsborough County and Pasco, and I think Manatee maybe. Do a google search for Verizon FIOS channel lineup. They have a lot more channels than we do in any Bright House location. Including StarzHD, TMCHD, CinemaxHD, NFLHD, etc .etc... oh... and they have Starz on Demand.

Bright House will get a run for its money I am sure. That will be great for driving down prices too.

Oh, and sorry you get paid like sh*t. I really am. Maybe you should consider consulting services or a career change.

What family in tampa are you talking about? The newhouse family is from newyork and they own publishing companies. Advance/NewHouse-TWC ENT was a partnership founded many many years ago when Timewarner communcations turned into timewarner cable. AFter their contract of partnership expired they decided to change the contract to give Advance/newhouse complete control over an equal number of systems based on the value of the shares in the partnership. However TWC still owns a porition of the BHN shares as they are still partners. And if you botherd to do any research before you spewed your garbadge you call "facts" youd know this, and that history should tell you when TWC does something BHN follows suite and vice versa. Their purchaseing power is still tied together as one group when buying products like digital boxs/modems/splitters so fourth.

I know alot about fios id bet more then you, and if you knew anything about fiber youd know BHN also offers the EXACT same internet service as fios does for business customers. Its called BHN Dedicated Access. Hell you can get a gige line to your business if youd like from them. But dont let facts get in the way of your rant.

And I can agree BHN does have alot of wasted BW but could you imagine the outrage if we took away HSN ?!@ The old ladies would riot and take over our headend! Certainly in the future BHN will most likely remove the analog tier force everyone to get boxs but dont hold your breath on that. Until then expect the addition of new video streaming technology, sorta like video on demand but for channels, so that way instead of sending out 300 channels noone watches they can simpley send out only the ones you watch sorta like att's uverse and IPTV..

My pay is fine, you find me someone who doesnt bitch about how their job pays them and ill give you a dallor. ok besides bill gates.. Hell some big CEOS complain about their pay, "I only got 10million this year boohoo", My pay is enough to provide for my family, would I not like more? Sure would you not like more? My career path is just fine, Im in an industry that is still growing like wild fire, I also operate my own online business, which provides the supplemental income I need to enjoy the finer things of life, and could put circles around you in the IT field. I am a redhat certified and cisco certified network egineer. I am also on the developer team of major open source OS.

But you keep installing routers for people and setting up RR, I understand the vast knowledge it takes to setup a network with RR and a router. Im sure it takes days of planning and thinking. Imagine launching a n+1 2 core 6500 cisco network with some nice m25s wo0 ho0 now that was fun to plan and setup. But hey it pays the bills. OOH and throw into that they want native ipv6 support. good grief talk about picky.

What are your sources? Do you work for Bright House too? If you are so sure they are maxed out on bandwidth, maybe you'll jump ship and go with Verizon FIOS fiber to your house when it rolls into town hopefully next year!

That will solve all our problems.

oh and as far as verizon goes, They need to move a whole lot faster or theyll be bankrupt before they get fully operational. While verizion spend smoney in the billions the cable comapnies are collecting billions. A nice nestegg for the upcoming fight.

What family in tampa are you talking about? The newhouse family is from newyork and they own publishing companies. Advance/NewHouse-TWC ENT was a partnership founded many many years ago when Timewarner communcations turned into timewarner cable. AFter their contract of partnership expired they decided to change the contract to give Advance/newhouse complete control over an equal number of systems based on the value of the shares in the partnership. However TWC still owns a porition of the BHN shares as they are still partners. And if you botherd to do any research before you spewed your garbadge you call "facts" youd know this, and that history should tell you when TWC does something BHN follows suite and vice versa. Their purchaseing power is still tied together as one group when buying products like digital boxs/modems/splitters so fourth.

I know alot about fios id bet more then you, and if you knew anything about fiber youd know BHN also offers the EXACT same internet service as fios does for business customers. Its called BHN Dedicated Access. Hell you can get a gige line to your business if youd like from them. But dont let facts get in the way of your rant.

And I can agree BHN does have alot of wasted BW but could you imagine the outrage if we took away HSN ?!@ The old ladies would riot and take over our headend! Certainly in the future BHN will most likely remove the analog tier force everyone to get boxs but dont hold your breath on that. Until then expect the addition of new video streaming technology, sorta like video on demand but for channels, so that way instead of sending out 300 channels noone watches they can simpley send out only the ones you watch sorta like att's uverse and IPTV..

My pay is fine, you find me someone who doesnt bitch about how their job pays them and ill give you a dallor. ok besides bill gates.. Hell some big CEOS complain about their pay, "I only got 10million this year boohoo", My pay is enough to provide for my family, would I not like more? Sure would you not like more? My career path is just fine, Im in an industry that is still growing like wild fire, I also operate my own online business, which provides the supplemental income I need to enjoy the finer things of life, and could put circles around you in the IT field. I am a redhat certified and cisco certified network egineer. I am also on the developer team of major open source OS.

But you keep installing routers for people and setting up RR, I understand the vast knowledge it takes to setup a network with RR and a router. Im sure it takes days of planning and thinking. Imagine launching a n+1 2 core 6500 cisco network with some nice m25s wo0 ho0 now that was fun to plan and setup. But hey it pays the bills. OOH and throw into that they want native ipv6 support. good grief talk about picky.

You are one negative sonofabitch aren't you?

"And if you botherd to do any research before you spewed your garbadge you call "facts" youd know this"

Negative negative! To think I actually felt sorry for the hard working Bright House laborer that stinks of attics and crawlspaces at the end of each day. My bad I guess. Your low pay is what you deserve with your attitude.

"you find me someone who doesnt bitch about how their job pays"

Those of us who are self employed and apart from the worker mentality don't bitch about our pay, that's who.

"could put circles around you in the IT field. I am a redhat certified and cisco certified network egineer. I am also on the developer team of major open source OS."

Wow, I wasn't aware you knew my background. Assuming will bite you every time douchebag. For your information, my background is in WANs and corporate networks. I left the corporate rat race and one of the things I do is own a residential/business technology company. I only mention my business to prove my interactions with Bright House workers at all levels. You should know a little something about somebody before attempting to put them down. If I came across as making fun of you for your pay, I apologize. You were the one crying about your crappy pay on another message board post, were you not? Asking who else works for BH and gets crappy pay, half that of Verizon employees? not you? But you take it as a personal attack, jump to conclusions, and attack me? What a negative f**k you are, and I guess you do deserve every penny that BH pays your negative ass.

"know alot about fios id bet more then you, and if you knew anything about fiber youd know BHN also offers the EXACT same internet service as fios does for business customers. Its called BHN Dedicated Access"

You wanna talk to me like I am dumb, assuming you know more about FIOS than me, fine, be my guest. Sure BH offers Fiber into businesses, but at a much higher cost Mr Brains who works at BH due to growth, even though he is a Cisco master. Get a life douchebag and let's stop the personal attacks.

You want me to leave these boards? Is that what you want smart guy? Since you have all the answers and all, you must not need anybody else's input. right?

You are one negative sonofabitch aren't you?

"And if you botherd to do any research before you spewed your garbadge you call "facts" youd know this"

Negative negative! To think I actually felt sorry for the hard working Bright House laborer that stinks of attics and crawlspaces at the end of each day. My bad I guess. Your low pay is what you deserve with your attitude.

"you find me someone who doesnt bitch about how their job pays"

Those of us who are self employed and apart from the worker mentality don't bitch about our pay, that's who.

"could put circles around you in the IT field. I am a redhat certified and cisco certified network egineer. I am also on the developer team of major open source OS."

Wow, I wasn't aware you knew my background. Assuming will bite you every time douchebag. For your information, my background is in WANs and corporate networks. I left the corporate rat race and one of the things I do is own a residential/business technology company. I only mention my business to prove my interactions with Bright House workers at all levels. You should know a little something about somebody before attempting to put them down. If I came across as making fun of you for your pay, I apologize. You were the one crying about your crappy pay on another message board post, were you not? Asking who else works for BH and gets crappy pay, half that of Verizon employees? not you? But you take it as a personal attack, jump to conclusions, and attack me? What a negative f**k you are, and I guess you do deserve every penny that BH pays your negative ass.

"know alot about fios id bet more then you, and if you knew anything about fiber youd know BHN also offers the EXACT same internet service as fios does for business customers. Its called BHN Dedicated Access"

You wanna talk to me like I am dumb, assuming you know more about FIOS than me, fine, be my guest. Sure BH offers Fiber into businesses, but at a much higher cost Mr Brains who works at BH due to growth, even though he is a Cisco master. Get a life douchebag and let's stop the personal attacks.

You want me to leave these boards? Is that what you want smart guy? Since you have all the answers and all, you must not need anybody else's input. right?

I dont crawl in attics thank you. My gripe with "pay" is based on others in my industry as you pointed out. I could go work at Level3 here in orlando and make 80k + a year as a cisco engineer but you know what? I enjoy what I do. Thats why I do it and id like them to get compeititve with their pay scales, but surely it isnt making me starve. and I know many small business owners who wish their pay and income was higher, My brother owns a chemical company in florida and he does to, even though his income far surpasses that of mine.

And you started first with the negative attitude toward hdtv junk... You come on this board and your first couple posts are attacks at other people, dont expect me not to defend other posters, specially one who I know has alot of knowledge in the field we are discussing. Im open to calm legitimate debate, and me and hdtv junk.. have had a few some even got harsh but in the end we both took the respectable route and agreed to disagree on some topics, you on the other hand jump right after him with lies. Sure he was out of line calling you a crackhead but you came back at him with lies. If you would of told truths and not mislead people I wouldnt of responded.

and BHNs internet service "dedicated access" Is more expensive then say FiOS Why? Because its better. BHN Dedicated Access is a backbone system providing HighSpeed commercial fiber routes to your business. It isnt tied up through residential type lines and modems like Fios is. BHN Dedicated Access is like turning your business into its own private datacenter, with FiOS its like running a business website out of a RR line. Its just stupid to do.

PS: Welcome to Satguys.us great way to start :)

if you wish to continue an argument I suggest you point your browser over to "The Pit" As i will no longer give you the pleasure of my debate here.

I dont crawl in attics thank you. My gripe with "pay" is based on others in my industry as you pointed out. I could go work at Level3 here in orlando and make 80k + a year as a cisco engineer but you know what? I enjoy what I do. Thats why I do it and id like them to get compeititve with their pay scales, but surely it isnt making me starve. and I know many small business owners who wish their pay and income was higher, My brother owns a chemical company in florida and he does to, even though his income far surpasses that of mine.

And you started first with the negative attitude toward hdtv junk... You come on this board and your first couple posts are attacks at other people, dont expect me not to defend other posters, specially one who I know has alot of knowledge in the field we are discussing. Im open to calm legitimate debate, and me and hdtv junk.. have had a few some even got harsh but in the end we both took the respectable route and agreed to disagree on some topics, you on the other hand jump right after him with lies. Sure he was out of line calling you a crackhead but you came back at him with lies. If you would of told truths and not mislead people I wouldnt of responded.

and BHNs internet service "dedicated access" Is more expensive then say FiOS Why? Because its better. BHN Dedicated Access is a backbone system providing HighSpeed commercial fiber routes to your business. It isnt tied up through residential type lines and modems like Fios is. BHN Dedicated Access is like turning your business into its own private datacenter, with FiOS its like running a business website out of a RR line. Its just stupid to do.

PS: Welcome to Satguys.us great way to start :)

if you wish to continue an argument I suggest you point your browser over to "The Pit" As i will no longer give you the pleasure of my debate here.

"And you started first with the negative attitude toward hdtv junk... You come on this board and your first couple posts are attacks at other people, dont expect me not to defend other posters, "

I would hardly call my initial post to this board a negative attitude:

"Although I appreciate you taking the time to analyze all this, I think you operating under the assumption that Bright House Networks in Tampa is full, in other words, they are using all their bandwidth to the max. I am no expert but I would bet $1000 cash on the table right now that Bright House cable is not utilizing all their bandwidth. I have talked to several Bright House employees and the answers on the actual bandwidth use vary, but I have heard figures as low as 1/8th utilization.

I am all but certain that they don't carry StarzHD, CinemaxHD, ESPN2HD and others more so because of licensing issues. They have to make agreements with the Channels. Negotiation is a huge hurdle. If you know anything about business, you should know this. Obviously the cable network wants the most money per subscriber and Bright House wants to pay the least possible for each station. The best we can do is put the pressure on Bright House to go to the table and pay whatever it takes to get these channels on the air. If enough people demand Cinemax HD, they'll negotiate and get it for us."

That was a sincere, legitimate post. I was not attacking him.

"you on the other hand jump right after him with lies. Sure he was out of line calling you a crackhead but you came back at him with lies. If you would of told truths and not mislead people I wouldnt of responded."

What lies do you speak of? What LIES? Now you are going to call me a liar?

"if you wish to continue an argument I suggest you point your browser over to "The Pit" As i will no longer give you the pleasure of my debate here"

I don't come here to argue. I didn't start the argument. I came here to discuss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts