Is Toshiba shutting down free disc offer? No Evidence Yet!

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I hope that they are not doing this but:

I received a letter back from the Toshiba fulfillment house denying my five free discs. They stated that my invoice was not within the time period of the offer. My invoice from Amazon.com was dated Dec 9th, 2007, clearly within the Oct 1, 2007 to Feb 28, 2008 range they gave on their offer flyer. What is more insidious is the invoice I sent them and they sent back to me was marked up with a ballpoint pen to cross out the date. When I called them at 800-405-7520 to try to get some understanding of why my five free disc offer was rejected... I was informed that I would have to resubmit it. I told them to go &*%$ *%$ I do not have time for their petty games

This is an excerpt from an e-mail sent to the 'Bits.

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age

I hope that Toshiba would honor their offer when you purchase their HD-DVD players. This would really not be a good thing for Toshiba's image right now. They need to make inroads to those consumers who supported their format not allienate them.

I hope that they are not doing this but:

I received a letter back from the Toshiba fulfillment house denying my five free discs. They stated that my invoice was not within the time period of the offer. My invoice from Amazon.com was dated Dec 9th, 2007, clearly within the Oct 1, 2007 to Feb 28, 2008 range they gave on their offer flyer. What is more insidious is the invoice I sent them and they sent back to me was marked up with a ballpoint pen to cross out the date. When I called them at 800-405-7520 to try to get some understanding of why my five free disc offer was rejected... I was informed that I would have to resubmit it. I told them to go &*%$ *%$ I do not have time for their petty games

This is an excerpt from an e-mail sent to the 'Bits.

The Digital Bits - Celebrating Film in the Digital Age

I hope that Toshiba would honor their offer when you purchase their HD-DVD players. This would really not be a good thing for Toshiba's image right now. They need to make inroads to those consumers who supported their format not allienate them.

Well they need to make money, not give away discs, I believe they want to keep all the money they made...and its showing Toshiba is not willing to invest anymore money into HD-DVD.

Considering people have been "rejected" because of a wide variety of things for as long as this offer has been going on, I don't think it's any indication that they're shutting it down. Will they eventually ? Absolutely they will. Have they already started ? Nope....

I made sure to call them yesterday to make sure my order was still in. They flag your name when you call, so they know they can't just forget about you. I will call again in two weeks.

I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but I did notice differing national ads yesterday. One still stated 7 free, but another only mentioned the 2 in the box (I think it was Circuit City...?).

Could be nothing, or it could be they know something...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts