New evidence that Paramount is going Blu?(not yet)

As far as the multiple threads go, Im with you there. Look at the OP's here and you wont see my name recently very much at all.

My issue was, I did not understand the complaint that appeared to be towards me, and two different sites.

I sub to similar threads on multiple sites daily.

As far as the multiple threads go, Im with you there. Look at the OP's here and you wont see my name recently very much at all.

My issue was, I did not understand the complaint that appeared to be towards me, and two different sites.

I sub to similar threads on multiple sites daily.

A lot of people do, and I'm sorry I pointed you out specifically. I'll end my rant here, with a sincere apology. My point was about multiple threads....exactly what I'm doing now- so I'll stop.

I AM interested in yours...and everyone else's thoughts on the BD30. I saw an open box at BB today.....really....really...cheap.

So, I'll crawl back in the hole I came out of and breathe deeply.

:bow

A lot of people do, and I'm sorry I pointed you out specifically. I'll end my rant here, with a sincere apology. My point was about multiple threads....exactly what I'm doing now- so I'll stop.

I AM interested in yours...and everyone else's thoughts on the BD30. I saw an open box at BB today.....really....really...cheap.

So, I'll crawl back in the hole I came out of and breathe deeply.

:bow

No apology necessary, just a misunderstanding on both parts.

Ive only had mine for a very SHORT time. Teachsac can probably offer more input.

My take is:

*) PQ is superb, better than the PS3
*) Upconverting is nice, close to A2, maybe not as good. Better than the PS3
*) Pretty speedy, not a turtle like the A2 or the BDP1000 I used to have. Not as fast as the PS3
*) If audio is your thing, it does not internally decode the HD formats. Not a biggie to me, I just bitstream Dolby and DTS to my rcvr
*) Im curious as to whether it will play mp3's of the sd slot so I plan on loading a card to try

No apology necessary, just a misunderstanding on both parts.

Ive only had mine for a very SHORT time. Teachsac can probably offer more input.

My take is:

*) PQ is superb, better than the PS3
*) Upconverting is nice, close to A2, maybe not as good. Better than the PS3
*) Pretty speedy, not a turtle like the A2 or the BDP1000 I used to have. Not as fast as the PS3
*) If audio is your thing, it does not internally decode the HD formats. Not a biggie to me, I just bitstream Dolby and DTS to my rcvr
*) Im curious as to whether it will play mp3's of the sd slot so I plan on loading a card to try

Pretty good assessment. PQ really is outstanding. Bitstreaming audio is always out of this world whether it is the BD30 or the A35/XA2 (which according to JoeSP it doesn't do). There have been issues reported with the new 1.1 "Bonus Feature" discs. I personally wasn't interested in the titles, so I don't know if it is a player issue or if it's the disc authoring, java being what it is. We'll have to see how it pans out over time I guess.

Since it's your thread, I'll continue the hijack for Jamey :hatsoff: If you want to continue talking about it here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/blu-ray-forum/109107-panasonic-dmp-bd30-official.html

S~

Its still on the uk and de sites and you can still preorder it. Strange.

In some countries movies were available in a different format. I am not sure what the situation is here. it is odd that the re-releases (or special editions) are on the US site but this one is not. The bottom line is that we don't have the whole story here.

Yepp.

Someone made the comments that people find and write this stuff on sites to increase site traffic. I have to agree.

Obviously they were listed erroniously. Obviously there has not been any announcement from Paramount about the availability of these. The question of course raised by this is if Paramount is taking orders from merchants confidentially to start releases in BD and Amazon messed up posting it. Amazon is not going to say anything, and Paramount will not say anything, to say anything will tip the hand.

Amazon fixing the listings to be HD-DVD do not say anything one way or the other.

Well it says that there is nothing to talk about at this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts