Paramount and Universal are going Blu!

Yepp, because these low prices really helped toshiba win right?

No becos price IS still the most important factor in deciding how well something does in the marketplace.

Let ALL the studios go Blu exclusively and regular DVD's will still out sell Blu.... if the price point remains higher that the general public is willing to afford.

In a free market economy a products price point is it's barrier to wide acceptance...one's target market has to be able to afford a product before it goes wide.

With all the studios going Blu this simply becomes another new technology that until the avg consumer can afford it....is just a nich product.

Yeah...Blu is in a very good position but basic economics still apply.....and lets not forget...the best thing there is to drive down prices is competition...now they have known...they are there own worst enemy.

No becos price IS still the most important factor in deciding how well something does in the marketplace.

Let ALL the studios go Blu exclusively and regular DVD's will still out sell Blu.... if the price point remains higher that the general public is willing to afford.

Price is the factor when identical items are equally convient. What if studios start to release BD a week or two earlier than DVD? You pay more to get the HD copy in advance if that is what is important to you over the price.

What if BD goes to 3 months before DVD? It could go theater, BD, DVD PPV, HBO, TV/cable... 3-6 months apart.

It would be a while before studios did this because their largest market is still DVD. But, a couple years down the line they may want to have the bigger margins and release BD before DVD.

No one's confirmed Uni till now.

I felt it needed a new thread because the last thread is more towards paramount.

They can merge it if they like.

Mad because its more bad news? Dont believe in free press?

For some reason I though I accidently posted it in the Paramount thread, not the dual thread. My bad, take a pill.

Would the mods please merge this thread so vurbano's underwear will un-wad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts