New evidence that Paramount is going Blu?(not yet)

And there are BR titles available in Europe on HDDVD. This is "evidence?"

Depends on the studio. Some Universal Studios releases put out here are distributed by Blu studios in other countries, which is why people from both formats can buy movies from the UK they cant get here.

However, Paramount(if im not mistaken) owns the rights in the UK to these titles. So, if true, is interesting.

Depends on the studio. Some Universal Studios releases put out here are distributed by Blu studios in other countries, which is why people from both formats can buy movies from the UK they cant get here.

However, Paramount(if im not mistaken) owns the rights in the UK to these titles. So, if true, is interesting.

It's actually distributed by UIP (formerly known as CIC), a joint venture between Universal and Paramount for International distribution of motion pictures. Paramount does hold distribution for the UK, Australia, France, Mexico, Ireland (a few), and Universal holds pretty much the rest of mainland Europe. UIP also holds the Turkish distribution rights for Walt Disney Pictures.

S~

Several people post to different sites. That in and of itself is not improper. The problem here is that we really don't know what this means. Even the articles indicate that this could be a simple mistake or a reissue of old titles.
I
nstead of endless unsupported speculation and denial on the otheer side why don't we wait to se what it really means.

Same rumor. Different web site. THIS is what I'm talking about.

A quick Google shows you posting the same stuff..almost word for word on AVS. What is the purpose of this?

Are you going to post every web site that repeats this?

Ok Google Ad Exec, come to grips with whatever issues you have.

Other than posting the links at both sites to NG4(not like I started two identical threads :rolleyes:)

Here's my comments from both sites:

Satguys

"IMHO, I expect this will turn out to be a mistake by Amazon and they'll be pulled.

Is interesting they have release dates though."

"Well, you can still buy Paramount titles in Blu at BBuy, so maybe its just old stock.:

AVS

"As much as Id hope, I wait for further confirmation."

"Paramount owns the rights to these. Could be old stock, who knows yet."

Boy, would you look at the negativity I posted! :rolleyes:

God forbid I posted in two identical threads on two different sites, ONE of which I did NOT start

Grow up.

Last edited:
Ok chief, come to grips with whatever issues you have.

Other than posting the links at both sites to NG4(not like I started two identical threads :rolleyes:)

Here's my comments from both sites:

Satguys

"IMHO, I expect this will turn out to be a mistake by Amazon and they'll be pulled.

Is interesting they have release dates though."

"Well, you can still buy Paramount titles in Blu at BBuy, so maybe its just old stock.:

AVS

"As much as Id hope, I wait for further confirmation."

"Paramount owns the rights to these. Could be old stock, who knows yet."

Boy, would you look at the negativity I posted! :rolleyes:

God forbid I posted in two identical threads on two different sites, ONE of which I did NOT start

Grow up.

I explicitly statd taht I have no isue with you starting threads at different sites.

Ok Google Ad Exec, come to grips with whatever issues you have.Grow up.

It's NOT about posting on whatever sites. It's the posting of the same thing over and over.Nothing new. Same rumor. More bandwidth.

My "issues" have to do with mulitple threads with NOTHING new.

I AM interested in what you think of your BD30 (see! I am paying attention). I am not interested in the same ...or month old rumors being posted for the sole purpose of flame bait.

And as far as "growing up", that's bold talk from someone miles away. :)

Again....I'm ALL GOOD with people saying whatever they want...I humbly suggest...with no malice or offence to anyone, that it be limited to one ...maybe two threads.

I'm offering a branch here. I truly am. Apologies to all.

But the title "Chief" is strictly reserved for Geronimo around here.

S~

I don't know that it is exclusive to me but I have gotten used to it meaning me. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts