It's Here, the new 722K! Unboxing Photos

Well got it all activated...

Just did a locals scan and unfortunately the OTA Tuner is not as good as the one in the 622. I am unable to tune into WCTX now WSAH on the 722K yet can get these channels on my 622.

Also on the Springfield Fox (WGGB) I normally get in at 100% yet now I am only getting it at 84% so the tuner is not as sensitive as the one in the 622.

Luckily I dont watch any of those channels, all other channels I watch are coming in fine.

Any signs of Sling Server Software on the box yet?
No as thats the 922, not the 722k. :)

I know some people are confused as when Dish introduced the 922 at Team Summit last year it was called the "722s" they then changed the name to the 922 to avoid confusion as it is so much more then a 722. :)

Just got out of a chat with E* and she said she had no option to select 722K. I'm not sure how the other poster got the DIU price for a 722K. Not saying he/she didn't, but the gal I chatted with was REALLY helpful and she couldn't set it up.

My DIU page on the Dish website listed the 722k as an option:

Enhanced High Definition DuoDVR Receiver
$75 Shipped
$125 Installed

And the guy I talked to on the phone was able to set it up with no problem. From my online account activity:
02/27 02/27 UPGRADE CHARGE $75.00
02/27 02/27 OTA MODULE $29.99

There is no limited amount of these available.
E* is Using these on All New installs.
This 722k isn't nothing special over the old 722.
My Tech had 4 of these in his truck when he left here 10 minutes ago with my 722 and Brought me another 211k.
And Yes they are $125 installed, $75 Shipped with Dishin It Up Just like the old 722.

That sucks.

I wonder if it is just a lower quality signal gettin to the chips since it is split internally.

For me it is not just a lower number but a lower ability to actually lock on as well. My numbers are jumping all over the place (swings from 55 to 80 in a matter of seconds) with a loss of OTA signal popup to go along with it.

No as thats the 922, not the 722k. :)

I know some people are confused as when Dish introduced the 922 at Team Summit last year it was called the "722s" they then changed the name to the 922 to avoid confusion as it is so much more then a 722. :)

so the HD GUI is only on the 922s not the 722k right?

I was a bit worried when they said the cost was $29. There are no aftermarket ATSC tuners available at that price that are any good, let alone a dual ATSC tuner. They should have just spent the money even if they had to charge $59 or more and made sure they had a good 5th generation tuner.

This sucks as the 922 uses the same module no? Hopefully it is just a software bug that can be corrected ...

I second that. I was getting all excited about the 922, but if it's the OTA module that sucks and not the software, then I won't be getting one. I don't understand, why it is not at least the same quality as on 622/722. The DTVPal DVR even outperforms the 622/722 in OTA signal strength. Why is this a step back?

This sucks as the 922 uses the same module no? Hopefully it is just a software bug that can be corrected ...
I hope so.

Also like the 622 the 722k can not tune in the Digital Subchannels on WTNH out of New Haven. I just get a black screen on those subchannels, while on other ATSC tuners I get a weather forecast channel.

So far almost everything is like the 622/722 although the Broadband option on the settings menu is 8 not 9. So the instructions for setting up the Slingguide site with this receiver are not correct.

I have setup the box on the dish.sling.com beta site and verified with the access code from the box, yet I can't get the box to show up online on the Sling website. So they are talking but not talking correctly.

I just managed to crash the unit by trying the System Wizard setup. It gave me an error screen then locked up the receiver. Only way to get out was to use the handy reboot button on the front of the unit.

I hope so.

Also like the 622 the 722k can not tune in the Digital Subchannels on WTNH out of New Haven. I just get a black screen on those subchannels, while on other ATSC tuners I get a weather forecast channel.

So far almost everything is like the 622/722 although the Broadband option on the settings menu is 8 not 9. So the instructions for setting up the Slingguide site with this receiver are not correct.

I have setup the box on the dish.sling.com beta site and verified with the access code from the box, yet I can't get the box to show up online on the Sling website. So they are talking but not talking correctly.

I just managed to crash the unit by trying the System Wizard setup. It gave me an error screen then locked up the receiver. Only way to get out was to use the handy reboot button on the front of the unit.

Very impressive so far...the 922 release will be a desaster...:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)