It's Official-Tyson Fight to Air on VOOM Ch. 711-For Free!!! at 9pm EST

Seawaves said:
Voom knows that they are not right by many customers so they are giving away a Tyson Fight?

It's like that hard candy sitting in the jar on your co-workers desk. It's old, skanky and no one wants it.

Just like Mike.

Second complaint about a Tyson fight on the same page, you're on a role buddy.

Not everyone likes boxing, or Tyson, but the fight does have a $50 value for everyone who doesn't have Voom so yes, it's a nice treat and I love it. If the next WWE event is played on Voom for free and I hate wrestling, I would think it cool, and if in HD, I might actually watch it. Don't be so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth, Tyson is always surrounded by controversy, comedy, scandal, oh yes, and the guy hits hard.

Anyone seen anything?

I've not seen any commercials and the Voom website says nothing about this. Anyone seen anything else? I may have some friends over and it would kinda suck if they came over and there was no fight.

The Rickster

Tyson fight

GadgetRick said:
I've not seen any commercials and the Voom website says nothing about this. Anyone seen anything else? I may have some friends over and it would kinda suck if they came over and there was no fight.

The Rickster
I was wathcing HDnews the other day and the newswire at the bottom said something about "IRON MIKE TYSON" on voom exclusive. I also have invited many folks over, only after seeing that on ch 100. Ill see if it pops on again to get a screen capture and i will post here

MR>C

Dvlos said:
Second complaint about a Tyson fight on the same page, you're on a role buddy.

Not everyone likes boxing, or Tyson, but the fight does have a $50 value for everyone who doesn't have Voom so yes, it's a nice treat and I love it. If the next WWE event is played on Voom for free and I hate wrestling, I would think it cool, and if in HD, I might actually watch it. Don't be so quick to look a gift horse in the mouth, Tyson is always surrounded by controversy, comedy, scandal, oh yes, and the guy hits hard.
No matter if you like Tyson or not...this is a great gift for the Voom subs. No matter what , its free on VOOm and no where else.

I need final confirmation on this as i am going to have a huge VOOM rocks party for the fight. Anyone with some pull who can get this info has an invite! (Chicago) Thanks.

I have created an evite inviting all of my buds. Here is the graphic I used. I am in CST so that's what I used for the graphic.

Attachments

• tyson_williams2.jpg
    tyson_williams2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 127
wasch_24 said:
I think they maybe holding off on all out advertising due to the prior history of Tyson fights and their odds of happening as scheduled.

Could be, if they advertise the hell out of it and something happens they postpone the fight people would be really pissed. I think they probably want to "minimize" the Tyson parties until 1 or 2 days before when it looks more probable it's all going down. The PG can see up 2 days into the future maybe check Thursday morning for it?

Hi:
I just called VOOM and the CSR said that they had just gotten new info on the fight. It will be available to all VOOM customers through the pay per view section available when you click the VOOM button on your remote. She said there will be no need to call in and ask for the fight as was the case with prior PPV fights. The CSR confirmed all this info with her supervisor so I think that it has a pretty good chance of being correct.
Joseph

jnardone said:
Hi:
I just called VOOM and the CSR said that they had just gotten new info on the fight. It will be available to all VOOM customers through the pay per view section available when you click the VOOM button on your remote. She said there will be no need to call in and ask for the fight as was the case with prior PPV fights. The CSR confirmed all this info with her supervisor so I think that it has a pretty good chance of being correct.
Joseph

Did she confrim a price or did she say it was Free?????

Damn...I was sooo close to getting the CSR I talked with to copy/paste her scripted response into an email and send it to me. If everyone starts trying this, maybe one of them will slip up and actually do it.

wasch_24 said:
Damn...I was sooo close to getting the CSR I talked with to copy/paste her scripted response into an email and send it to me. If everyone starts trying this, maybe one of them will slip up and actually do it.

How can we be sure that a dimly lit CSR knows how to use e-mail? :D

wasch_24 said:
Walk 'em through it over the phone.

We should spend 20 min trying to teach them where the @ symbol is on their commodore 64?? I think not! That would be like trying to teach a baby to walk. :D ;)

Where Is Hoosiers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)