Joey 4K PIP and Netflix

I've learned now that when DISH promises it is "coming Soon!" , it is best to not put too much into that promise. Wait till it is actually a feature before you make a decision to sub to that receiver.

Agree 100%...along this line, I KNOW this won't be a popular response...but this is EXACTLY why if you are wanting specific feature(s) - but they are ONLY "vaporware" - you shouldn't be procuring ANY services/hardware, on the assumption that said vaporware WILL actually materialize - AND actually function PROPERLY. While this does happen with other products & services, DISH IS notorious for announcing new services/features, that NEVER come to fruition...or actually get all the bugs worked out. (remember the DISH DVD 5400 combo receiver that NEVER materialized??? Or the lifetime PVR service on the first Dishplayers, that Charlie then rescinded to 3 years AFTER people had already paid for it!) Or look at all the issues with some of their other previous hardware, where all the bugs are NEVER resolved. (the OTA USB tuner issues for the Ho's come to mind off the top of my head, as well as DISH NO longer updating the OTA guide data for ANY of their OTA tuners...)

When I used to sell DISH when they first came out, there is NO way in hell I EVER sold ANY of their new products, until I actually saw them working properly...I did NOT want the hassles from customers with these same complaints.

If certain features are ONLY announcements, (like the 4K Joey PIP) then you really should be waiting until you actually see & hear it working, as well as HOW well it does. (like on this board! ;) ) If you just HAVE to be first on the cutting edge, then things like this ARE going to happen & you really have no room to complain. Unless you have a very short lifespan left, there really is NO reason to not just wait...THIS IS ONLY TV folks!

AND just to be 100% clear...this ALSO goes for D*, (ESPECIALLY now that AT&T got it's grubby mitts on it) Comcast, U-verse, etc, etc.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yup that was at CES, but then they changed the technology (LNB) used for the Hopper 3 so the plans for PIP on the 4K Joey wouldn't work with the 4K Joey. (At least that is what I have heard)

Hard to believe it, but the 4K Joey while new is using old technology. :)

Okay that makes sense Scott and thanks for the clarification. Instead of being coy about it I wish Dish would have issued a statement about PIP not being a feature moving forward for us early adopters.

Reactions: RealD
If that is the case and PIP is not available, then I would like to have another Hopper 3 to replace one of my 4K Joeys. This would give me the PIP and Netflix functionality I was trying to achieve. My old setup had 2 hoppers and I always had PIP. Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 Hopper 3s? Dish should refund us for 1 4K Joey and swap it out for another Hopper 3 to follow through with what they had promised with the 4K Joey.

Reactions: Riah
Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 Hopper 3s?

It is not currently possible, as you can't have more than one Hopper 3 on a single dish with the hardware currently available, and thus Dish will not allow more than one Hopper 3 on an account. They are supposed to be releasing a new switch later in the year (i.e. SOON™) that will allow more than one H3 on a single dish/account.

My video above is from my Hopper. Netflix doesn't work there OR on Joey's. If you have Netflix working on your Hopper, can you tell me what the difference is with mine?

I don't know what y'all are talking about in regards to Netflix. I just watched two episodes of "Orange is the new Black" and I had no problem using my hopper 3. What is the problem with the hopper 3 that some are having not being able to get to Neflix, or is this just on the 4k joey?

My video above is from my Hopper. Netflix doesn't work there OR on Joey's. If you have Netflix working on your Hopper, can you tell me what the difference is with mine?
I've seen this in the past, darley. It came back all on its own. It might take a weeks but it does start working.

I've seen this in the past, darley. It came back all on its own. It might take a weeks but it does start working.

Does it take 7 months? Seriously, it has never worked. There has to be a solution. Forcing the software upgrade or something that would give it the code it needs to run correctly.

Does it take 7 months? Seriously, it has never worked. There has to be a solution. Forcing the software upgrade or something that would give it the code it needs to run correctly.

It works fine here and most everywhere else. That tells me that the problem is probably on your end. Have you tried a different router?

What is the speed of your internet? If it is very low speed that might be why you see that message on Netflix. I have at least 20mpbs speed.

It is not currently possible, as you can't have more than one Hopper 3 on a single dish with the hardware currently available, and thus Dish will not allow more than one Hopper 3 on an account. They are supposed to be releasing a new switch later in the year (i.e. SOON) that will allow more than one H3 on a single dish/account.

Sorry, but it is possible. I've gone to customers that have 2 Hopper 3 receivers and multiple Joeys. It currently will require 2 dishes, but it is doable.

Sorry, but it is possible. I've gone to customers that have 2 Hopper 3 receivers and multiple Joeys. It currently will require 2 dishes, but it is doable.

Yeah...I've read a few reports of people doing that with two dishes (note that I did say on one dish), but you're probably looking at buying all of your own equipment for self-install and/or facing a long uphill battle to convince Dish to provide an install/activation of that setup. ;)

What is the speed of your internet? If it is very low speed that might be why you see that message on Netflix. I have at least 20mpbs speed.

Time Warner Extreme 300Mbps hardwired from the back of my Airport Extreme. Lots of extreme going on. But extremely no Netflix on Dish. Netflix works on my:

1) Amazon Fire
2) Apple TV
3) Roku
4) Chromecast
5) Samsung Smart TV
6) LG Smart TV
7) Phone

But... I should have access on my Dish - so where is it?

Which Ethernet LAN port on the back of your Hopper 3 are you using? I'm using the lower one on mine and have no issues with Netflix on my Hopper 3.

Time Warner Extreme 300Mbps hardwired from the back of my Airport Extreme. Lots of extreme going on. But extremely no Netflix on Dish. Netflix works on my:

1) Amazon Fire
2) Apple TV
3) Roku
4) Chromecast
5) Samsung Smart TV
6) LG Smart TV
7) Phone

But... I should have access on my Dish - so where is it?
Can you throttle your speed down via settings in your Airport Extreme? I read somewhere that this is a "workaround".

Which Ethernet LAN port on the back of your Hopper 3 are you using? I'm using the lower one on mine and have no issues with Netflix on my Hopper 3.
I have tried both ports to see if there was any change. I have restarted each device individually after doing so to make sure it picked up the change. No luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)