John McCain Wants Pay Channels Sold Individually, Not In Bundles

It is only collusion if they get together and decide to do this. If they without working together insist on it individually it is not collusion.

It would be like 2 fast food restaurants not trying to cut prices below the other one. As long as they did not get together to make the decision it is a business practice. If they both decide not to compete with each other independent of each other, it is their business decision and illegal.

I remember an article in the paper in Colorado in the '90s during one of the gas spikes. They were interviewing the owner of the largest distributor in the area. He was quoted as saying that they had a conference call every morning and each of the distributors would announce what their price would be for the day. Sometimes, when one owner was out of line, he might adjust his price, but since nobody was telling him what to charge, the state didn't consider it price fixing. End result was that the price didn't vary by as much as a penny at any station of any brand in the region. And the state endorsed it.

our luck smart John will mess this up the last thing he is remember for. the golden goose of the century.
paid $24.95 for 1 channel in the early 80s that was only on 7-8 hours a day. todays cost $69.70. be careful what you wish for.
http://www.measuringworth.com/uscompare/result.php?year_source=1980&amount=25&year_result=2013

We also paid more than $2000 a month of a 150 Kb dedicated wide-band modem service (3x56Kb circuit trunkline) between two of our sites in the mid-80s and an hour-long long distance call costed more than $30. While our television experience may no longer be limited to 3 channels of VHF and 2 channels of UHF (if you were lucky), the industry could be a lot more consumer friendly.

these providers will not take a blow to Their bottom line period. if there is a less in price of channels then the price of equipment will go up to offset the difference. end users will not pay less. under this bull imo

So now I can't state my opinions unless they agree with the majority?

"Change is coming"? Fine. Bring it on. I just think the change shouldn't come because of legislation. I've said this over and over on this thread. I have no problem with ala carte. I've even said how'd I'd like to see it work. But it doesn't matter what I say because people will read their bias into it.

So, carry on.

I'll be back in another 6 months or so so you can beat up again for having an opposing viewpoint.

Genius....The current conditions are in place due to government regulations.
You keep harping on "no government involvement"..
You cannot have it both ways.

So now I can't state my opinions unless they agree with the majority?

"Change is coming"? Fine. Bring it on. I just think the change shouldn't come because of legislation. I've said this over and over on this thread. I have no problem with ala carte. I've even said how'd I'd like to see it work. But it doesn't matter what I say because people will read their bias into it.

So, carry on.

I'll be back in another 6 months or so so you can beat up again for having an opposing viewpoint.
Who is beating you up?
I have an opposing view on the matter. That you cannot tolerate. Your problem.
No one is beating you up. Please stop the self pit party.

We also paid more than $2000 a month of a 150 Kb dedicated wide-band modem service (3x56Kb circuit trunkline) between two of our sites in the mid-80s and an hour-long long distance call costed more than $30. While our television experience may no longer be limited to 3 channels of VHF and 2 channels of UHF (if you were lucky), the industry could be a lot more consumer friendly.

YES!! I still remember the 1200 baud modem....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts