Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Joss Whedon Returns to Fox With New Series 'Dollhouse'

Joss Whedon, the creator of acclaimed cult favorites “Buffy the Vampire Slayer,” “Angel” and “Firefly,” is returning to Fox and reuniting with “Buffy” regular Eliza Dushku for a new action-drama called “Dollhouse.”
Fox has given a seven-episode commitment to the 20th Century Fox Television project for a planned debut next year.
“It deals with our darkest impulses and our best ones,” Whedon says. “It deals with all the things I like to deal with—strength, weakness, power and corruption.”

“Dollhouse” stars Dushku as Echo, one of a group of secret agents living in a futuristic dorm. Each has the ability to be imprinted with custom personalities and abilities for special assignments. When they return, their newly acquired memories are wiped. The show follows Echo as she takes on a variety of assignments—some romantic, some adventurous, some uplifting, some illegal—and gains awareness of her role and confinement.

The show represents a few reunions: Whedon with Fox, which aired the short-lived fan favorite “Firefly”; Whedon with Dushku, who starred in Fox’s “Nurses” pilot during the last development season as well as Fox’s 2003 series “Tru Calling”; and Whedon and Dushku with studio chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden, whose 20th Century Fox Television also produced his other shows.

Dushku will have a producer credit on the show. Sources say she was instrumental in helping bring Whedon back to television after his three-year absence as a prime-time showrunner. Dushku, who was keen to reunite with Whedon, met him for lunch and he came up with the “Dollhouse” concept. He sold the show to Fox one week later.
“The show was pretty much fully formed,” Whedon says. “I wrote a synopsis, treatment, pilot episode and six suggested future episodes. I made a poster in PhotoShop because I couldn’t sleep.”

From TvWeek.com

For 'Dollhouse' on Fox, the set is one of the stars

The two-story, 25,000-square-foot structure has some real personality.

By Maria Elena Fernandez
February 1, 2009
If you were going to be held against your will in an underground asylum, where beautiful people would pamper you, erase your memory and imprint you with different personalities, you'd probably want your captor to be Joss Whedon.

Source & More: LATimes

“Dollhouse” stars Dushku as Echo, one of a group of secret agents living in a futuristic dorm. Each has the ability to be imprinted with custom personalities and abilities for special assignments. When they return, their newly acquired memories are wiped...

Don't they already have this show with Christian Slater's My Own Worst Enemy?

Notice that they credit Joss Whedon with "Buffy" and "Angel" (two series that did not appear on Fox) but say nothing of "Firefly"? Gee, I wonder why...
DannyR said:
I predict Fox will totally screw up this series, airing it out of sequence, and cancelling it quickly. :no
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Can't say I was overwhelmed with the premier. I was overwhelmed with Eliza's white mini-dress. I'll give it a couple more episodes.

Can't say I was overwhelmed with the premier. I was overwhelmed with Eliza's white mini-dress. I'll give it a couple more episodes.

AND all her showers, but yeah, its on my give it a couple of weeks to settle in list.

I have it DVR'd. I was wondering if there were male inserts and the shower scene at the end implied that there are. But, obviously, we're watching the females!

The show has promise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts