Joss Whedon's 'Dollhouse'

I'll admit the 2nd episode was better than the first. The introduction of the rouge Alpha character gives you two external threats to the Dollhouse, plus the internal struggle of Echo retaining some lasting memory. The one handler at the end was being a jerk and will probably be killed in a future episode as "karmic" pay-back.

Is there a hard drive somewhere with Echo's original programming? After her years of service to the Dollhouse, will she be rebooted and get to rejoin society? Image the therapist bills!

Meanwhile, we watch, waiting for the day when everything goes to &@$%^...

Does anybody know if the ORIGINAL pilot is still anywhere to be found? I know some sites had it this summer, but I can't find it anymore.

Does anybody know if the ORIGINAL pilot is still anywhere to be found? I know some sites had it this summer, but I can't find it anymore.

Have you checked Hulu?

EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't know there is an ORIGINAL pilot that got thrown out. I wonder if he is going to make it into a Movie if the show becomes popular.

Hell Yes! Can you imagine Martha Stewart as a prostitute?:eek:

Hey, Jerry Hall (describing how she kept Mick Jagger interested as long as she did) famously said....

"Be a chef in the kitchen, a maid in the living room, and a whore in the bedroom"....

I've got one of the three.....

The CHEF! (I know you wanted the latter)

One thing I've noticed while watching the DVR'd episodes: Fox is very helpful with the toss to commercial announcements. "Dollhouse will return in 90 seconds", and sure enough, it's back after three presses of the "Skip FWD" button! :D Thanks, Fox!

I wonder how long that little feature will last?

One thing I've noticed while watching the DVR'd episodes: Fox is very helpful with the toss to commercial announcements. "Dollhouse will return in 90 seconds", and sure enough, it's back after three presses of the "Skip FWD" button! :D Thanks, Fox!

I wonder how long that little feature will last?

They do the same ting on Fringe! It is a nice feature.

Echo's head shake at Sierra last night spoke volumes. I think their real selves are creeping back.

Echo's head shake at Sierra last night spoke volumes. I think their real selves are creeping back.

Looks like the writers agree with my assessment of the situation on this show. Without a memory of past events , the show has no continuity and can't really progress. Now with Echo and Sieria looking at each other with acknowledgement and when Echo shook her head no to silence the other girls open reaction, I see they are now adding their real memories back . So the show will now get a little more interesting. Looks like I will keep watching for now, so I can see where this will take us.

I agree the show is getting more interesting. The first show was actually the weakest of the 3 episodes so far. What I like about the nerd guy is that in most other shows, the nerd guy is the good nature guy that everyone likes. In this show, he is the jerk that you want to smack around a bit.

The thing is that the dollhouse got so many freaking clients... there is no way they could keep it a secret.

I was glad to see Kevin Kilner as Sierra's handler. I enjoyed "Earth: Final Conflict" (before they turned into the Wraiths (oops, wrong series)) and Boone was a big part of that. (Funny how that show seemed to inspire other series like "Monk" and "Stargate: Atlantis", but that's not for a topic for this thread...)

I caught the knowing glance at the end, too. I wonder if it isn't so much that their original personalities are emerging as a whole new personality that is slowing becoming aware of the situation they are in. After all, last week, Echo did the little fist pump that the client showed her and this week was more a case of "we can't talk right now, we're being watched" which shows more awareness of being in the Dollhouse.

I think I'm in for the season. I read somewhere that after a few more "client" episodes to build on the premise, all hell breaks loose as the show shoots off at a tangent...

Hmm, no comments after Friday's episode? It was kind of interesting to "unbox" another copy of safe-cracker to help out Echo. And I did like that the plan actually failed.

I wonder if this show is getting the numbers that it needs to survive, or if it will be another 12-and-out series.

I was unimpressed. Did not buy just sneaking past the guards in the smoke. Not nearly as good as the last two.

If the episodes go like they did Friday the series will be over soon. Come on a cell phone can erase someone with a modem sound? Why do they need the fancy machines in the laboratory, they could have saved millions and just used cell phones. Next thing you know they will start doing field updates like in the matrix over the cell phone. I need to fly this helicopter... no problem downloading now...

They should have gone with something at least not so far fetched like a blow to the head, perhaps implanted memories are not as stable as ones you grow up with and head trama can block them easier.

Then a smoke bomb escape?

WHy is the government man looking for this doll house so bad? Why does he care ? Why does he sit buck naked on a coffee table watching videos of Echo/Caroline when she was in highschool? YUCK! You can just imagine what he is doing while watching said videos. Is this Doll house an agency for good or bad or just for the highest bidder? Does any one really care? I am beginning to feel this show has no real premise or direction. Better turn around quickly or I will be deleting this timer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)