Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hmmm, If I got one, and kept my other two HRs, what multiswitch would I need, and how hard would that be to install? I just got a new LNB installed, how do I tell if it is the SWM LNB

Hmmm, If I got one, and kept my other two HRs, what multiswitch would I need, and how hard would that be to install? I just got a new LNB installed, how do I tell if it is the SWM LNB

this question has been answered by pm :up:D

I don't know guys, I just can't bring myself to pay another $200 to replace my HR20s, despite a little faster operating speed.

I hope that up the road when my vintage 2006 boxes fail that I'll be lucky enough that they are our of refurbs and have to send me an HR24, but I seriously doubt it.

Personally, I wish they would just put all efforts into software speed for a while, then they could all be fast.

I just dont think they will ever make the HR21-23 any faster. Since Ill be using the HR24 to watch most everything with MRV, I need it to be faster.

I completely understand, I just don't want to drop $400-$600 to replace my fleet, and lose the OTA to boot without another $150. Add in that they are all leased, and I think I'll keep my money.

HR24-Pro for $300, I would think about that though (just a wish, no HR24-Pro yet).

Maybe Costco will start getting them now....I'll check today when I go.

Elwaylite keep us posted on your "real world" testing. I really want to hear what you think before I go drop some cash on one myself!

I can not wait, mine is on the way from Solid signal. Thanks on the info on the company. Bye, Bye, HR22.

I still don't get why this is such a big deal Jimbo? , you can just use a converter box?

I don't really know your setup or the setup, you get your locals for free then?

Well, in most threads were told of people either having trouble with the "Converter Box" or making it slower even yet.

Also the fact that I like what D* supplied us when I bought the current HR20's and then they felt obligated to REMOVE this vital piece of equipment (the OTA tuner card, cost them about a dime each, guessing here).

WHY would I want to ADD MORE equipment to my Home Theatre set up when the piece is not necessary.

Also the fact that when the weather gets bad enough to lose signal on the dish, I would also lose my local channels .....
With my current set up , that doesn't happen.

Now, had they brought the HR24 out and had the OTA tuners back in them, then I would be interested.

80% of my recording is done OTA.

This is quite BACKWARD of D* to remove the ability to get your OTA.

The only logical reason they did this was so they could make MORE MONEY from you.

I don't need to pay anymore than I need to for TV service.

With my current set up I save at least a few bucks.

Don't tell me that they are built into the packaging now, I know this, however your STILL paying more for them.

When watching live HD locals I watch OTA. But if I record HD locals, I record them from D*. OTA HD locals are MPEG2 and therefore take about twice as much recording space as do the MPEG4 HD locals you get from D*.

I didn't browse all the posts; can you call DTV & get the cost subtracted of the new purchase from your bill? I've heard conflicting reports on this process.

I didn't browse all the posts; can you call DTV & get the cost subtracted of the new purchase from your bill? I've heard conflicting reports on this process.
never heard of that before so i would say no but i may be wrong ;):eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts