Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not bad at all. Just note that you are leasing the box... you don't own it. :) And because it's a lease when you activate it you will have another 2 year commitment.

D* offered me a free HR24 as a replacement for my HR21, but it required a 2 year commitment if I took it, so I turned it down.

Interesting that others are paying $200 for the same deal.

As I've never filled up the drive on my HR21, as it is working perfectly, and my AM21 works fine with it, I didn't see any reason to jump on the offer.

Sorry guys, after thinking during the weekend, I decided to call off the order for a few months. Being this is more of a redesign, and my HR22's work flawlessly, I'm gonna hold off for a few months until we see what bugs come with it. I remember when the HR20 was launched, it was known for dead tuners.

With the tv season ending, I do not need it right now. Will prob order in August, and may even get the DECA upgrade at that time.

Hehe. decided I did not want to be an extended beta tester, Ill let someone else do that ;)

I guess that will be me. I just got two HR24s installed as part of a new install. Don't have any old boxes to compare them to, so won't be much help in the speed comparison department. I didn't sign up for MRV, but the installer installed all of the MRV equipment so all I have to do is call to activate it if I want.

Im sure itll be fine. My stance is that I do not NEED it right now, so Im just gonna observe comments as it makes it to mass market.

I guess that will be me. I just got two HR24s installed as part of a new install. Don't have any old boxes to compare them to, so won't be much help in the speed comparison department. I didn't sign up for MRV, but the installer installed all of the MRV equipment so all I have to do is call to activate it if I want.

So MRV is not required and its offered as an option. That is good to know

Sorry guys, after thinking during the weekend, I decided to call off the order for a few months. Being this is more of a redesign, and my HR22's work flawlessly, I'm gonna hold off for a few months until we see what bugs come with it. I remember when the HR20 was launched, it was known for dead tuners.

With the tv season ending, I do not need it right now. Will prob order in August, and may even get the DECA upgrade at that time.

McCoy.jpg
damn it elway!!!!!! :rant:

Just an update after using this thing for a few hours. So far, it doesn't seem a whole lot slower than my E* 722. Changing channels takes a while to bring the picture up, but it's not noticeably slower and the info is there right away. Browsing the menus seems to be on par with the 722 and the smart search is a nice feature. At this point, I think I'm the biggest speed drain as I try to get up to speed with where things are.

Come on guys, there is no room for rational thinking when it comes to new hardware :D

Elwaylite - I'm dumbfounded that you cancelled your order since it is the dead tv season.

All seriously though, I think you made a good decision.

Not in stock

I just talked to Solid signal. I ordered on May 8, Not in stock. Some HR24 will be in on Thursday Just 65 units only. I60 more in two weeks. Of the 65 most are spoken for. Ii do have one coming. If you are one that ordered over the web site you should call because all your account will say is (Order being processed) .

I just looked at Beach Audio. They have HR24 receivers for $177.99 & free shipping. The site says they have 4621 in-stock(that's according to the site). Also,Solid Signal & Beach Audio are selling the DECA adapters now. I haven't seen if any other sites are selling the HR24,Amazon had it listed,but they had Beach Audio as one of the two selling them,& the price wasn't consistent with Beach Audio's site which is cheaper.

I just looked at Beach Audio. They have HR24 receivers for $177.99 & free shipping. The site says they have 4621 in-stock(that's according to the site). Also,Solid Signal & Beach Audio are selling the DECA adapters now. I haven't seen if any other sites are selling the HR24,Amazon had it listed,but they had Beach Audio as one of the two selling them,& the price wasn't consistent with Beach Audio's site which is cheaper.

I do not see it listed now. They have the hr23, hr 21 pro, and the r 16.

Digital Video Recorders / Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)