Just ordered HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't really need an AM21 since I still have 3 other HR20's
And just sold the retired one on Craigslist for 100 bones.. hehe

Now my dilemma is, Order online and wait, or drive up to Novi (1 hour away) and be back and working on it the same afternoon .......
Solid Signal would cost more, but I would have everything the same day.
I would do my Slimline to SWM conversion at the same time.

Got it hooked up to the AM21 in the living room now, still zips right along. Trickplay works a lot better, especially when you are fast forwarding and get to the next part of the sho. When you hit play, it jumps back real quick, and seems to jump back further. Dunno, may just be that the rcvr reacts to the command fast.

Now my dilemma is, Order online and wait, or drive up to Novi (1 hour away) and be back and working on it the same afternoon .......
Solid Signal would cost more, but I would have everything the same day.
I would do my Slimline to SWM conversion at the same time.

I need to do the Slimline to SWiM conversion myself. I am tempted to buy the parts, but I am also tempted to have DirecTV do it with a DECA install. They were willing to swap out my old HR10-250 for free with another DVR which I won't need with the HR24 coming. So I may ask them to swap out my D11 with an H21-24, and do the DECA...then I would have MRV on all four receivers instead of just two right now....either way I have to get rid of that D11 to add a SWiM LNB, or buy a SWiM 8.....what to do, what to do...

Got it hooked up to the AM21 in the living room now, still zips right along. Trickplay works a lot better, especially when you are fast forwarding and get to the next part of the sho. When you hit play, it jumps back real quick, and seems to jump back further. Dunno, may just be that the rcvr reacts to the command fast.

Jumping back, should be the standard 8 seconds. I don't thing there are any other options for backwards.

Must be the reaction. With the slower HR22, I think when I pressed play it took is a second to kick in, and sometimes the show would have already been off commercial break. Every one with this HR24 has been several seconds before the show comes back on.

I need to do the Slimline to SWiM conversion myself. I am tempted to buy the parts, but I am also tempted to have DirecTV do it with a DECA install. They were willing to swap out my old HR10-250 for free with another DVR which I won't need with the HR24 coming. So I may ask them to swap out my D11 with an H21-24, and do the DECA...then I would have MRV on all four receivers instead of just two right now....either way I have to get rid of that D11 to add a SWiM LNB, or buy a SWiM 8.....what to do, what to do...

I will replace the H20 in the bedroom with the HR24/ AM21, potentially.
I could have changed over to the SWM set up awhile back, but never got around to it, I have the parts sitting in the closet.

I think that is all I need to do in order to go to using a single line for dvr functions.

I would not be toying with the idea of the HR 24 now, if I wasn't so bored after surgery.

I love the look of it, and the upgraded speed will be nice. I have a serious disorder with new DVR's. I jumped on the HR20, the HR22, the 722 and 722K as soon as they came out. This one will be no different :D

Yes, but do you have the 922?

Now thats a machine!

My wife is buying me 2 HR24 for fathers day.

Only down side is ill be roped back into a contract!

Im not going anywhere but i like the freedom...oh well..

Last edited:
OK,
So far in this thread we've talked about the new HR 24 and those that have them so far :up

I think I will be getting one soon as well due to the positive responses.

Has anyone found any bugs yet ?
Normally something won't be right ....
Not necessarily bugs, but any issues at all ?

Not trying to start a problem here, just want more feedback.

lern4483 said:
Yes, but do you have the 922?

Now thats a machine!

My wife is buying me 2 HR24 for fathers day.

Only down side is ill be roped back into a contract!

Im not going anywhere but i like the freedom...oh well..

I would say a 922 is a buggy machine that will be nice in about a year.

Has anyone found any bugs yet ?
Normally something won't be right ....
Not necessarily bugs, but any issues at all ?

Not trying to start a problem here, just want more feedback.

Yes I found a bug, you not jumpin the in HR24 Train my friend by now.. :D

Yes I found a bug, you not jumpin the in HR24 Train my friend by now.. :D

I'm not a big jumper, till I do a TON of homework ....
Then I'll get mine !

I tried to start doing my homework by asking of any issues you guys were having, but haven't got any responses ... that could be a very good sign that these are running very well.

I bought my HR20's in '06 a month or so after they came out.
The OTA tuners were not active at that point, I think they were turned on right around Christmas.

I'm seriously considering doing this real soon because I'm gonna be home for quite some time ....

After listening to all you all week, i may jump in and get one, if i can get the AM21 at the same time.

Jim, when I had to have one of my HR-20s replaced I simply called D* and told them the situation.

I had to pay the $50 ish fee for the AM21 right then, BUT they gave me a $10 credit for six months, so actually got it and "made money". They shipped, and I had it in a couple of days.

Jim, when I had to have one of my HR-20s replaced I simply called D* and told them the situation.

I had to pay the $50 ish fee for the AM21 right then, BUT they gave me a $10 credit for six months, so actually got it and "made money". They shipped, and I had it in a couple of days.

good to hear.
however, I won't be able to get a HR24 from yet as I would imagine the would want to give me another HR20 if possible .... and you never know what you'll get from them.
If I can't get a HR24 theres no point in changing .... at this point.
Probably end up ordering the set at the same time.

Still loving it! Looks cool and fast. I have mine sitting on TOP of the AM21.

Temp is staying 109-111 in open living room ent center, so Im guessing thats just its normal temp.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)