just wanted to say Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years! :)

I would stick it out, I had something like this happen to me and if I had stick with it out to the end, I would have been better off. The one selling out gave former employees bonuses. Talk about being sick and I could have been doing roughly $3-$4 more an hour now. I guess the good side about me going elsewhere, I'm almost my own boss without anyone looking over my shoulder, bean counting, etc. I just simply do my work, keep it quite, and turn in money.

hmm, steve, did you just say more than you shoudda? because if you're contemplating working for comcast now, it sounds to me like a deal is imminent!!

plead the fifth..........you can just claim temporary insanity!!

hint, hint and HINT - just say off-the-record everytime you talk about your employer!! it's a newspaper term for the uninformed. any reporter worth their salt would respect that and ignore any slips of the tongue you might make. at least, i would respect it and i'm retired!

off the record, maybe acquiring a system or they acquire my system. It's up in the air and could go either way. Both sides have some interest in the area. So I could end up staying where I am at with one or the other or start over in a different area by working for Comcast or TWC.

On a personal note id prefer Comcast taking us over, instead of going back to TWC... I was already with TWC and wasnt happy with their management structure...

See this is the debate im having with myself.. Do I want to goto Comcast now, or wait for the transfer... Comcast has a HUGE differnce in tech pay, (they pay way better then BHN) or do I want to stick it out with BHN and will comcast bring us up to their levels? That my friend is my problem.

It depends on the number of years you have with BHN. Considering the benefits that some of the longterm employees have (or would have with either Company) you would be essentially starting over.

It depends on the number of years you have with BHN. Considering the benefits that some of the longterm employees have (or would have with either Company) you would be essentially starting over.

Well so far everytime we have been taken over the new company has "honored" all time "serverd" we have guys with 25+ years credit wiht the company even though its been through probley 5+ companies in that time period.. I have about half my time at TWC and the other half at BHN.. I love BHN they have done FAR better then TWC has ever, and id like to keep them (id prefer they step up to the plate and start a competitive compensation) but I enjoy working for them, and take the hit for not changeing each 2 weeks... If i had to pick between the two comcast/twc id prefer it be comcast to take us over.. (off the record thats the most likely scenerio)

LEts just do a comparison...

An oralndo tech at comcast starts at about 14$/hr with minimum/no experiance

An Orlando tech at BHN starts at $9.25/hr minimum/no experiance

A Maintiance level tech at comcast starts between 18-23$ depending on experiance

An equal leve maintance tech at BHN Avgs between 13-15$/hr

----

That is hardly competitive, and just as with consumer pricing.. Employee compesation is affected by no competition.. However I have to give it to BHN this years end increase did show they understand the differnce and are doing something to kinda help the situation...

Which is my point - I know people at BHN in the TampaBay area with 20+ years service and the benefits are tremendous. I can't believe the time off they get.

However, FIOS is paying a big difference for people coming off the street - which I agree - doesn't seem fair.

Which is why I stated, it depends on the number of years you have been with BHN (and knowing that all Companies usually count service time from true start date of the first Company - I meant what BHN gives you credit for).

If you are a newbie, then it doesn't matter. If not, those are serious considerations - especially if you could wait and not loose them.

Which is my point - I know people at BHN in the TampaBay area with 20+ years service and the benefits are tremendous. I can't believe the time off they get.

However, FIOS is paying a big difference for people coming off the street - which I agree - doesn't seem fair.

Which is why I stated, it depends on the number of years you have been with BHN (and knowing that all Companies usually count service time from true start date of the first Company - I meant what BHN gives you credit for).

If you are a newbie, then it doesn't matter. If not, those are serious considerations - especially if you could wait and not loose them.

Ya now i understand what you were saying more :) and that is the decideing factor in my staying.. Is the amount of time invested into the company.. I enjoy 3weeks vacation and 4 personal days off.. I enjoy a nice 401k stockpile (even though comcast matches 100% not 66 1/3 like bhn does) among other benefits... Probley some of the best in the nation for a company of its size..

So I see me staying on the BHN train for the ride.. and I hope it stops at comcast central and not TWC lane...

off the record

While changing the newspapers in the bird cage today, polly asked for a cracker.. So before I gave it I said gimmie some news... Well the birdie said in the next 2 weeks all local BHN directors will be in an offsite private meeting... What will they be discussing?

oops the birdie choked on a cracker..

well, steve, at least your learning off-the-record. too bad birdie is sick. maybe, its time for a new birdie......if you get my drift!!!!!

hey steve, is your birdie alive? i just read at tampahdtv.com that bhn in tampa is lighting up mhd on jan 23. that should mean we see it the same day or soon after, right?

hey steve, is your birdie alive? i just read at tampahdtv.com that bhn in tampa is lighting up mhd on jan 23. that should mean we see it the same day or soon after, right?

What a crappy channel, but I havent heard anything of it... It may be one of those "lets just throw this on there" thing they are doing to try to claim to have the most HD channels in the market..

gosh, i would hardly call MHD....aka mtv hi-def crappy. and since time warner inked a contract with them late last year, it means it shows up here eventually.

btw, a bhn official who evidently use to work in central florida, spilled the beans about the jan 23 launch.

of course, i'm still waiting for the duece in hd but i will take this too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts