just wanted to say Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years! :)

gosh, i would hardly call MHD....aka mtv hi-def crappy. and since time warner inked a contract with them late last year, it means it shows up here eventually.

btw, a bhn official who evidently use to work in central florida, spilled the beans about the jan 23 launch.

of course, i'm still waiting for the duece in hd but i will take this too!!

Ya MHD is good if your a teenage girl :) Im sure it has its audiance its just not my cup of tea.. Ever since pug got kicked off the real world!!!!!!

well, since MHD would also have concerts or music videos in hd, that would be alright. i don't happen to watch mtv, so the original programming would mean nothing to me!!!

Hey I heard something about there being a 40mbps speed upgrade, is that true? What will the upload be?

umm 40MBPS??? hmm, i dont know about that, I know we offer that for our fiberline service to business "dedicated access" but with "RR" service....

I have heard rumours though about another speed upgrade this year, possibly to go along with the annual price increase's. but that is rumours I havent heard any facts on that so dont take my word...

But I do know for a fact their will be increases rather its on the base plan or just another "upgradeable" plan is the question..

well, since MHD would also have concerts or music videos in hd, that would be alright. i don't happen to watch mtv, so the original programming would mean nothing to me!!!

Ya i guess I could enjoy the concerts... Ever since carson daley left TRL man life just hasnt been the same.....

One more teaser.. BHN is redesigning their ON-Demand tiers... Expect to see a few more On-Demand channels popping up in the very near future... On-Demand will be a big push for them along with HD...

One more teaser.. BHN is redesigning their ON-Demand tiers... Expect to see a few more On-Demand channels popping up in the very near future... On-Demand will be a big push for them along with HD...

Yea it took them long enough to get around to adding Starz and Encore On Demand but oh I didn't just say that.:D

Simply put I'm hearing that Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand are the main premier services coming soon to On Demand in your Bright House.

yeah, yeah, yeah, longhorn..........i've slowed down to a snails pace but the brain does actually kick in gear sometimes!!

so do we have a timeframe? let me guess......three to four months? am i warm?

yeah, yeah, yeah, longhorn..........i've slowed down to a snails pace but the brain does actually kick in gear sometimes!!

so do we have a timeframe? let me guess......three to four months? am i warm?

Never ask for a timeframe from Bright House Networks....you should know better than that by now. Don't make me pull my belt on you again turk lol.:D

Speaking of speeds, did you know that the link from the cable modem to the LAN router is only 10BaseT, not 100BaseT !

Huh? I beleive its the toshiba modems, the 1100's are only able to 10baseT but the New webstars and new motorala modems are capable of 100mbit.. However current "normal speeds" for basic service is in most BHN areas 8mbit.. So even the older toshibas can handle it just fine..

Huh? I beleive its the toshiba modems, the 1100's are only able to 10baseT but the New webstars and new motorala modems are capable of 100mbit.. However current "normal speeds" for basic service is in most BHN areas 8mbit.. So even the older toshibas can handle it just fine..
So, if internetting is mostly what we do, 802.11b wireless is fine? We don't really need g, Super-G, n, etc.?

So, if internetting is mostly what we do, 802.11b wireless is fine? We don't really need g, Super-G, n, etc.?

hmm Are you using a wireless router that BHN provides? They usally provide the NETGEAR which can handle 100baseT just fine.. Im not understanding your question.. g can handle the full speed of the cable modem just fine..

One thing to make sure though your not using the USB wireless adapter that BHN provides.. Because an older PC will be using USB1 which will top out at about 2MBIT, which youll be losing 6MBIT of speed... if your computer is showing you a 10baset connection that is fine because youll max your modem out before you max your 10baset out..

Here in Tampa bay the basic speed is 7/512 and premium is 10/1, there are also the bundles:

Digital Cable + Roadrunner + 10$ = 10/1

Digital Cable + Digital Phone + Roadrunner + 15$ = 15/2

I don't watch that much tv and have 2 cellphones so there is no need for Digital Cable or Phone but I would like the highest possible internet speed. So I'd be paying $140+ a month for 15/2.

What I predict will happen by this year's upgrade, hopefully by the 2nd quarter:

Basic 10/1 same 42.95/mo
premium 15/2 same 60$/mo (I don't even see the premium 10/1 roadrunner w/o the bundle anywhere on the BHN site, but I believe it exists, maybe in business section)

Digital Cable + Roadrunner + 10$ = 15/2

Digital Cable + Digital Phone + Roadrunner + 15$ = 20/?, 30/? or 40/?

Btw, I haven't a clue what docsis version BHN uses in Tampa Bay, how may people to a node and when there will be a switch to docsis 3 after it is done? A feature like powerboost would be a nice thing to see too plus upload.

hmm Are you using a wireless router that BHN provides? They usually provide the NETGEAR which can handle 100baseT just fine.. I'm not understanding your question.. g can handle the full speed of the cable modem just fine..

One thing to make sure though your not using the USB wireless adapter that BHN provides.. Because an older PC will be using USB1 which will top out at about 2MBIT, which you'll be losing 6MBIT of speed... if your computer is showing you a 10baset connection that is fine because you'll max your modem out before you max your 10baset out..

BHN provides routers? Tell me more. Have never heard of that here in Brevard! We only get the cable modem from them. Or maybe you're calling the cable modem a router? My cable modem (TJ-615-TW Terayon Communications Systems) is 10BaseT on the home side (wire from cable modem port to home router port) as I said, not USB. My router is a NETGEAR WGT624v3 I purchased, and it certainly =can= handle 100Mbps from the cable modem, but the cable modem port only works at 10Mbps.

Your last sentence is what I was getting at: we don't need g, Super-G, a, n, etc. (all those higher speed protocols) for internetting because cable speed is already below "b" speed--11 Mbps. An 802.11b router is as fast as any of the others for internet activities due to the low speed furnished by BHN down the cable.

The internet in my area just went out a few minutes ago:
1:57 - 1:59

Is this a sign of an upgrade or am I just being too hopeful?
Is 2 minutes even enough time to do something like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)