Ku FTA with a Toshiba TRX 1520

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bound2bmine

Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
Hey guys have a few questions. I have this Toshiba reciever. Can I use this for Ku FTA I'm going to be using a PrimeStar 40 inch dish with the LNB pictured here. By the way anyone know if this LNB is good got it from EBAY. I'm also going to get a motor for this dish will this reciever move a motor. I know it will move an actuator arm. But not sure if it would move a motor for smaller dish.

Thanks for any info you can give!!

Attachments

• 6d_1_b.JPG
    6d_1_b.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 225
I might be wrong, but I think the TRX 1520 is an analog receiver... KU FTA is digital.

That's the model I use. I've had it since late last year. So far I've picked up a few feeds with it and a few games during college basketball and football seasons.

snathanb said:
I might be wrong, but I think the TRX 1520 is an analog receiver... KU FTA is digital.

That's right. I use a Fortec receiver and a Twinhan card for dvb, but there is definitely analog on KU also.

the main thing about ku is.......

It's a set of frequency spectrum. Whether or not there is either analog signals or digital signals on this spectrum. It's just that digital is used more now because it is more efficient. With analog signals, you could only have one channel per each transponder. With Digital signals, you can expand the amount of channels per each transponder due to the efficiency of a digital signal. Even though digital is more rampant, analog is still being in use for a some channels and a few feeds that pop up from time to time, possibly because it is cheaper to transmit analog signals (older equipment is cheaper to stay with than upgrading to newer technology) than it is to encode them digitally and then transmit them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MiniBUD

Universal Lnb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)