Last and Next 3D Movie

Next for me will be Man of Steel. I missed this one in the theater so I am planning on heading to my local Family Video at lunch tomorrow to pick up a rental copy before they are all gone.

I didnt know Netflix offered 3D titles. Going to check it out tonight.
Thanks Don!

Not on every Netflix ap. Seems the best right now is a PS3, otherwise only certain LG models have gotten an upgrade for Netflix 3D selection. There are about 55 titles last I counted.

Man of Steel

Now that was a good sciFi movie, better than I expected.

The sound was true DTS7.1 and was impressive. I find so many DTS 7.1 aren't encoded right but this one was. 3D was clean too. I think Hollywood is really getting good at doing 3D lately.

Amazon 3D:

Saw it last night. If you haven't seen this one yet, don't bother. It was a poorly done documentary. The whole thing was a bunch of random shots of the Amazon jungle with a couple of animal shots. Music to put you to sleep and a flat deadpan narrator who offered little to no information about what makes this forest special.

Man of Steel - looked great in 3D! The movie is better than expected.
(They've immediately earned my respect by not showing the ghost of the Superman's father using the traditional "shaky holographic" image!)

Just saw Percy Jackson and the 3D was loaded with special effects. Real 3D eye candy for anyone looking for a 3D fix. One of the best 3D movies I've seen in a couple weeks. The spond was in DTS 7.1 too and offered some excellent surround quality for those with a DTS 7.1 theater sound system.

Next: The Croods. I have it in 2D and is one of my Grandson's favorites. Looking forward to seeing this again in 3D.

Last: Despicable Me 2

Movie wasn't as good as the first, but the Minions were hilarious.

Next: Maybe Percy or Wolverine

S~

Jumper

Was OK as a 3D movie. Nothing to rave about.

Wife wants to go see The Hobbit Part 2 at the Big IMAX 3D theater at World Golf Village. Maybe Monday.

Doing Red Box 2D new releases for the weekend. Saw Eliseum, which was a great SciFi. Too bad this wasn't in 3D. Would have been really good 3D.

Last: Wolverine

Disappointed all around. Movie really didn't benefit from a 3D treatment.

Next: Sea of Monsters

S~

Wolverine too! Was better than I expected. It did have some great distance shots that benefited from 3D, I thought. Not a lot of negative parallax that some need for it to be good 3D.

I will be spending lots of time editing 3D over the next couple weeks. first up will be the CES display at the LG booth of their 3D wall in OLED panels. After that, I want to start work on Carlsbad Caverns tour.