Lease fee w/DVR Advantage

My cousin gave us a Dish receiver to get Sky Angel programming. We signed up and are considered Dish customers (I guess DH's name and SS are on the account, not mine). SA is getting out of the satellite biz, so we are stuck with a nonDVR receiver and the label of "current customers." If we just get rid of the current satellite receiver and cancel our SA programming, can I then sign up as a new customer since my name is not on the bill? We just want satellite in 2 rooms, so we only need one dual DVR receiver. Would all the fees be waived and what would our first month's costs be ballpark figure? I called Dish, but he only answered my questions regarding DH as a current customer and quoted me over $300 in fees and such the first month for the DVR Advanage. On the Dish site it says:

"you get over 200 of your favorite channels. . ." Is this the 200 pack or 250 pack that comes in this deal for $49.99 a month?

Thanks...turns out they are saying they won't budge on this, that is the plan in place.. I have been thinking of dropping Dish anyway in favor of simply OTA HDTV, which is what I watch anyway..along with either a Media Center PC or HD Tivo or something. Not that this is the straw to break the camels back but it certainly pushes me in that direction.

I'm in the same boat, traded a 921 for a 622 about 17 months ago, I get nicked for the $6 lease fee for the 622, while I don't like it, I did agree to the charge and understood I would be charged the $6 lease fee. The later subs get a sweeter deal, that kinda sucks but that's how it is:D

I did discover with the new (guess it's been a couple of months) format of the online acct info that shows "your equipment" that I still have a 501 on the acct; (I sold the 501 after the 921 was acquired, about 3+ years ago); I emailed cust service that I no longer owned the 501 and got this reply, "The receiver will remain on your account until the buyer activates it"
(or something to that effect, I don't remember the exact wording"); I guess it will stay on my acct forever:(

I was also thinking about completely dropping sat service (as a cost cutting measure, would save $81 a month) and buying the HDTivo (I get the Houston locals ota) for ~$250 (cheapest price I noticed was thru Amazon) plus the Tivo fee of $300 (that would pay for 3 years service, pre-pay; would average $8.33 a month); the downside is that about 50% of our dvr habits are ota local but we'd sure miss the other 50%, I could pick up some of that slack thru Netflix or Blockbuster but then wouldn't have the convenience factor and we don't watch that many dvd's anyway.

if you only have 1 receiver and are paying a lease fee, you should not be.
What if I own 1 receiver and lease another? I lease a 622 and I'm paying a $6.00 lease fee, but interestingly enough I don't have an additional receiver fee for my owned 311. Maybe they removed the wrong fee when I signed up for DVR Advantage? I'm afraid if I call E* to find out I may end up having another fee tacked onto my account.

Local off-air channel guide info w/AAD sub?

Directly Calling or "walk-in service" at a Call Center

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)