Listing channels. Annoying issue with AMIKO MINI HD SE.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
With regards to receivers. There is a pet peeve i have with the Amiko SD that is not an issue with the linkbox 8000HD. I can click the channel guide on the linkbox and switch from sat to sat and view the channels without it actually trying to move the dish. Its only once i select a channel it moves the dish.

With the Amiko, when i click the guide and just switch views from sat to sat, it moves the DISH! Same thing if i hit my favorite button, and choose a favorite list, it automatically moves the dish to some channel on the favorite list before i actually choose a channel. I believe that to be extremely annoying. Is it just me, or does anyone else find this annoying?

With regards to receivers. There is a pet peeve i have with the Amiko SD that is not an issue with the linkbox 8000HD. I can click the channel guide on the linkbox and switch from sat to sat and view the channels without it actually trying to move the dish. Its only once i select a channel it moves the dish.

With the Amiko, when i click the guide and just switch views from sat to sat, it moves the DISH! Same thing if i hit my favorite button, and choose a favorite list, it automatically moves the dish to some channel on the favorite list before i actually choose a channel. I believe that to be extremely annoying. Is it just me, or does anyone else find this annoying?
While watching a channel, press the OK button and use the arrow keys to scroll through channels. That brings up the channel list and doesn't move the motor until you select a channel by pressing OK again. In case you didn't know, you can also display three rows of channels on screen. In menus, go to System, Misc Settings, Channel List Number - change to 3.:)

Last edited:
That's an annoyance in most receivers. Don't think either of my Pansats moved the dish unless I selected a channel (9200 & 3500) My Openbox, as well as all of the SSO variety, move the dish as soon as another satellite is selected in order to see the channel list for it.
SSO - Sathawk, Solomend, Openbox.

While watching a channel, press the OK button and use the arrow keys to scroll through channels. That brings up the channel list and doesn't move the motor until you select a channel by pressing OK again. In case you didn't know, you can also display three rows of channels on screen. In menus, go to System, Misc Settings, Channel List Number - change to 3.:)

Right, but that trick only works if your viewing all channels on all satellites. If you want to view by satellite, once you use the right/left arrow key to see what channels are on a specific satellite, then it moves the dish.

Right, but that trick only works if your viewing all channels on all satellites. If you want to view by satellite, once you use the right/left arrow key to see what channels are on a specific satellite, then it moves the dish.
Nope, I do this every day with no problem. I'm on my favorites list right now and can scroll to any channel on ku or c and receiver doesn't move dish until I press ok. Try pressing the black button marked FAV in the bottom left corner of the remote, then press the left or right arrow until your favorites list is shown, then you must press OK again to activate your favorites list. You will now be on your favorites list and can use the procedure in my previous post to scroll through channels without moving the dish.:)

Nope, I do this every day with no problem. I'm on my favorites list right now and can scroll to any channel on ku or c and receiver doesn't move dish until I press ok. Try pressing the black button marked FAV in the bottom left corner of the remote, then press the left or right arrow until your favorites list is shown, then you must press OK again to activate your favorites list. You will now be on your favorites list and can use the procedure in my previous post to scroll through channels without moving the dish.:)

This is a work a round. I am talking about the listing of channels by satellite. Your talking about a favorites list. I want to run through feed channels. I don't want to be bouncing the dish all over the place back and forth. I want to scroll through my channels from left side of the arc to the right side of the arc. If i put all the channels on one favorite list, ill have no idea which satellite i am moving to next.

also, that is not completely true. If you have more than one favorite list, if you are on a channel that is not apart of your favorite list, and you select a different favorite list, it WILL move the dish to i believe the first channel in that favorite list before you have selected any channel.

This is a work a round. I am talking about the listing of channels by satellite. Your talking about a favorites list. I want to run through feed channels. I don't want to be bouncing the dish all over the place back and forth. I want to scroll through my channels from left side of the arc to the right side of the arc. If i put all the channels on one favorite list, ill have no idea which satellite i am moving to next.
also, that is not completely true. If you have more than one favorite list, if you are on a channel that is not apart of your favorite list, and you select a different favorite list, it WILL move the dish to i believe the first channel in that favorite list before you have selected any channel.
Not quite sure why that's happening for you? Agree that if you change lists and the channel you were watching isn't in that list, the receiver will move the dish, but I expect that to happen so that it can display a channel from that list. Don't really see that as a drawback myself. Once on a list however, whether it be a favorites list or all satellites, I can scroll through the list and the dishes don't move again until I press OK on the channel I want. As for not knowing what satellite you are on, if you use the procedure I described the satellite/band, transponder, polarity and symbol rate are all displayed at the bottom of the screen and updated each time you use the arrow key to move to another channel.

Well, ill have to get used to it, it just goes against my normal flow.. :)
Yes, all receivers have their quirks. I've tried three different ones in less than a year, and there's been one thing or another that bothered me about each. You just have to enjoy the good features and overlook the not so good.:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)