LNB "in" - Is this where I connect OTA?

Punzzy

Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
I'm very new at this stuff. I have a Dish 500 with 811 receiver. I wanted to get a directional OTA antenna for local HD but don't want to run another coax into the house. I tried the clip on one but the direction of the local signals are not the same as that of the DISH. The LNB has 2 coaxial cables that go into my house presumably to my two receivers. And there is another terminal labeled "LNB in". Is this where I would connect an OTA and use a diplexer at the receiver? :shocked

NO! That is for the 2nd dish option. U have to either run a 2nd line to the rec or diplex in the line outside and and diplex the line inside.

I'm getting diplexed

So I would need 2 diplexers? Are they all the same? I guess at the dish, I would run a coax from the LNB to the doulble terminal side of the diplexer and connect the OTA to the same side. Then connect the coax going to the receiver to the single terminal side of the diplexer? Also, are diplexers weather-proof?

I really need help here.

Punzzy said:
So I would need 2 diplexers? Are they all the same? I guess at the dish, I would run a coax from the LNB to the doulble terminal side of the diplexer and connect the OTA to the same side. Then connect the coax going to the receiver to the single terminal side of the diplexer? Also, are diplexers weather-proof?

I really need help here.

Yes, two diplexors. I think most, if not all, are weatherproof. I know the one's that I got from Radio Shack were. It wouldn't hurt to put them up under the eaves or somewhere not directly in the weather.

Outside, connect Satellite feed to a connection on the double side and connect the OTA feed to the other connection on the double side. Connect the wire going into the house to the single connection. Inside, connect the feed from outside to the single connection and connect one of the double side to the Satellite in connection and the other to the OTA on your receiver.

811 question with 720p/1080i

Mad Scientist Hooks up 5 Satellite Locations!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)