Local Home Depot Now Selling Outdoor OTA Antenna

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Went to the local Home Depot today and while there was surprised to see an outdoor TV antenna for sale. Haven't seen an outdoor antenna for sale there in at least 7 - 8 years. It's the Winegard Freevision outdoor antenna. Even more surprising is that it is made in the USA! I hope this means more people are starting to watch TV the old fashioned way.

Went to the local Home Depot today and while there was surprised to see an outdoor TV antenna for sale. Haven't seen an outdoor antenna for sale there in at least 7 - 8 years. It's the Winegard Freevision outdoor antenna. Even more surprising is that it is made in the USA! I hope this means more people are starting to watch TV the old fashioned way.
Maybe testing the waters to see if they can profit from the Radio Shack bankruptcy and closures?

I think the easier they make antenna installations so that the average homeowner can do it, the better. That Winegard seems pretty simple. The ratings for it on Amazon are 4 - 4.5 stars, not too shabby. No mention of a preamp either. Some of the pics on Amazon show different installations - attic, balcony, side of the house. And again made in the good old USA.

Mills Fleet Farm has outdoor antennas but they seem to be older RCA ones that handle VHF Low too (so the monster elements)
They do have that RCA 751 that folks use for the suburbs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)