Ota Dvr

I set the new Tablo up for my dad a few months ago, it's a really impressive device for $99 with no monthly fees. He's using the Tablo for locals which allowed him to drop locals on Dish saving $12.99/mo.

Waiting to see if this will help wean him off dish, he already streams a ton so this was just another Roku app.

One caveat, apps for devices are limited. Can't use a PC to view Tablo. Many smart TV brands do not have apps for Tablo. Do some research.

One caveat, apps for devices are limited. Can't use a PC to view Tablo. Many smart TV brands do not have apps for Tablo. Do some research.
I know the ones that use Android/Google TV has a app.

Buying a Roku ( or other) takes care of the issue.

I've noticed that the picture quality on my new Tablo is nothing to get excited about. I can't find any settings to enhance or adjust the video quality. But I do like the wifi feature.
In the Tablo settings for legacy dvrs, you can set your Picture Quality to be anywhere from SD 480 - 2 mbps to HD 720p- 5 mbps which is recommended, to HD 720-3mbps. That is for recording quality or Live Tv quality. I don't know about the 4th generation (white)Tablo settings since I don't have that one.

Reactions: FTA4PA
For the 4th gen (white) Tablo recordings saved to the internal drive whether OTA or streamed as MPEG4 to conserve space. Saving to an external drive will be MPEG 2 for OTA only. Streamed material will still be saved as MPEG 4.

I was just recently in Tallinn Estonia. Dish's anywhere app worked surprisingly well there. I'm likely going to be spending some time there a couple of times a year in the future. Does Tablo have anything similar to the dish anywhere app?

Apparently not.

Before the cash flies out of your hands, you might want to look at the one star reviews on Amazon. 21% 1 star reviews.

And note that LG has DROPPED support for Tablo, according to at least one poster.

I snagged a couple of Channel Master’s before they stopped production. Great boxes! I suspect they came under pressure to discontinue….

Apparently not.

Before the cash flies out of your hands, you might want to look at the one star reviews on Amazon. 21% 1 star reviews.

And note that LG has DROPPED support for Tablo, according to at least one poster.

I snagged a couple of Channel Master’s before they stopped production. Great boxes! I suspect they came under pressure to discontinue….
You forgot to note that 38 % gave the Tablo 5 stars!
Also LG no longer supports ATSC 3.0.
Certainly LG will not be my choice of HDTVs.

Tablo will always be a no-go for me as long as video transcoding is involved. Since no one can confirm that they've ended this with the newest model with in-person testing, I'm going to assume they still do it.

Tablo will always be a no-go for me as long as video transcoding is involved. Since no one can confirm that they've ended this with the newest model with in-person testing, I'm going to assume they still do it.
Yay but for the under $100 price point its not all that bad. Its not perfect but what is?

What is the cost? Does everyone need or want 4K?
It does not matter, there is no 4K via OTA in the United States, just some up converted programming via 3.0 in some areas.