Locals available in HD. but, I don't have them

gpollock87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I live in the jackson,tn dma. i don't have the HD versions of the local channels. I think its because i am on the western arc setup. I told DIRT this on facebook and they say I should be getting the HD locals anyway. are they right?

PM a dirt member...dont go through the facebook site ;)

Jackson locals are on Eastern Arc as noted above. I thought when you got your hopper they upgraded you to EA?
Note the only locals you will get in HD are ABC, PBS and FOX. CBS is SD (you already knew that) and why Dish doesnt give you NBC (which is imported) as HD I guess only Dish knows

Reactions: gpollock87
PM a dirt member...dont go through the facebook site ;)

Jackson locals are on Eastern Arc as noted above. I thought when you got your hopper they upgraded you to EA?
Note the only locals you will get in HD are ABC, PBS and FOX. CBS is SD (you already knew that) and why Dish doesnt give you NBC (which is imported) as HD I guess only Dish knows
no upgrade to EA, kept me on WA. pming a DIRT on here now.

Gpollack sent me a PM (conversation) saying they wont upgrade him to EA for his HD locals for free and he has to pay $95.

I was under the assumption that if your locals were on a different arc it was a free install?

Did DISH install the WA originally before the HD locals were on the EA? And why didn't they switch you to the EA when you got the Hopper? Have they always been your locals?

Did DISH install the WA originally before the HD locals were on the EA? And why didn't they switch you to the EA when you got the Hopper? Have they always been your locals?
WA was installed when I first started with dish back in 08. I had Memphis locals at the time. A year or two after that I got the jackson dma. When I had my hopper installed I was told i would have hd locals. I didn't notice they were not in HD until the tech was gone. My hopper was installed back in February I believe

Ok, I thought there must have been a change, that's why I asked. So now the question is, why the change to the Jackson locals did your DMA change by law or did you "move." Memphis is on the WA, so if you are supposed to get Memphis or they think you are supposed to that is likely why they will not install the EA for free.

Ok, I thought there must have been a change, that's why I asked. So now the question is, why the change to the Jackson locals did your DMA change by law or did you "move." Memphis is on the WA, so if you are supposed to get Memphis or they think you are supposed to that is likely why they will not install the EA for free.
Dma changed by law

Somewhere that is possibly the problem. Make sure they know your DMA changed by law after your install and through no fault of yours it is no longer Memphis, it is Jackson and to get locals in HD you now have to be on the EA.
Just making sure.... when you put your zip code in on the DISH site, it comes up as Jackson?

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/local/

Somewhere that is possibly the problem. Make sure they know your DMA changed by law after your install and through no fault of yours it is no longer Memphis, it is Jackson and to get locals in HD you now have to be on the EA.
Just making sure.... when you put your zip code in on the DISH site, it comes up as Jackson?

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/local/
It does come up as Jackson. There are, however, only three HD channels, ABC, Fox, PBS. CBS and NBC are SD only....

I had the same thing happen last week. I called Dish to find out when my Tyler, Texas locals would be available in HD. I had locals for years but only SD and figured Dish would set us up last because we are a small market. However, they said Tyler is in HD so I should be getting my locals that way and they had me go through an hour of troubleshooting before they gave up and sent out a tech. I found out before the tech got there that I had a western arc lnb and needed an eastern arc to get the hd locals. The service rep should have known that was a possible reason why I was only getting SD. The tech guy that came out knew this right away and said the change occurred a year ago to where Tyler HD locals were now on the 61.5 satellite. I don't know why no one told me. He put on different LNBs, moved the dish to a new position and now I am good to go. There was no charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)