look for big bhn news soon

if their is a problem with your digital data your picture will not show up. because of the way the bits and data is stored is impossible for you to get only say a sub par picture from it. You will either have the picture or it will be either pix elated or a blank screen, you can amp it and un amp it all day long behind your tv it will not change the digital picture. If your carrier level is high on a digital band its the same as being to low, you will see a black screen or pix elation. if the bit stream is damaged before it gets to your DVR you would either see a pixeld picture or non at all, you will not see a degraded picture quality as far as image sharpness goes. Its an impossibility.

In an analog world, Singal strength and quality affects the picture quality. As far as the "sharpness/clearness" In a digital world it only affect ones ability to see the picture, either on or off (or pixelated)

and even with analog your not so much concerned with the strength as you are the quality of the signal, A 5 DB signal and and SNR of 30 is gonna look like crap but a -5 DB signal with an SNR of 40 is gonna look fine.

Techs measure the signal to ensure their are not problems with the cables their not so much as interested in how strong the signal is but "How much signal was lost from point A to B" To ensure the cabling and configuration is proper. Its the same thing on the main lines but just a larger scale, and on the main lines you do care a bit more about the signal levels because you want to keep it "Balanced"

dvds use a different input it could be the input port of the tv as well ;) so try the DVR first its the easiet or just change the DVR port, first that may even be easier.

No, same input port on TV. Signal is coax to VCR/DVD, S-video VCR/DVD to TV.

I received a PIVOT mailer in Brevard County today.

Have you seen the BHN TV ads lately slamming the asterisks on phone company advertising? At the bottom of this flyer, in very small print, is "Some restrictions apply. Not available in all areas." But I admit, there is no asterisk beside it!!

I'm afraid we have drifted into multiple thread 'thoughts' in this topic. How should we fix that?

i was about to comment that this thread had gotten slightly off-topic. and maybe, if you're having cable problems......start a new thread in this forum.

i'm still in a holding pattern regarding pivot. as soon as the official notification that my past sprint debt is paid in full, we can process the order. too bad i can't do a ``test'' before and report my findings here.

steven, you do realize that bhn is not charging a deposit for their service, don't you? you also realize the service is being offered in a bundle too? trust me, in the past month i have become quite the pivot expert. now, if you do have an outstanding balance with sprint, that must be resolved before the work order can be processed. many of this might change with the hard release but that's what is current.

Your right but they still require a credit check in order to get a phone free with one of the contract plans for discounted phones. If you dont pass you will be required a deposit or the option to just buy your own phone.

huh? all the phones require that you pay a contractual fee upfront at the time the order is placed. some have mail-in rebates. between one of my contacts and the bhn wirless support people i have talked to almost every day in the past month, no one has mentioned free phone.

They plan to offer phones that will be free (like cell companies do now) with mail ins and contract. If you want one of the free phones just like with regular cell companies you will have to agree to a 1 or 2 year contract.

right, i know that but what does that have to do with a deposit? obviously, if you terminate your service before the end of your contract, you'll have to pay a termination fee. and, btw, the contracts are for 2-years.

Correct but if they don't approve your credit you will be required to pay more upfront. Thus requiring a deposit. If you have been a BHN customer for a long time, and have a good history that would act as your credit. If you are new to BHN and Pivot they would require a regular credit report and the possibility of a deposit.

They do the same thing with boxs, After the first box they may require a deposit.

but bhn has made it quite clear to me that you can't get pivot unless you already have one of their digital services. and i do have horrible credit....nothing to hide. however, my record with bhn has been immaculate....so.

what you are saying would make sense. i've had to put a 25 dollar deposit on all my boxes.....whether it was the first or the second. and i have always received my deposit back.

Yeap, your credit history with BHN is the most important part, unless your a new customer then they go by your actual credit report. So being a BHN customer for many years will be simple to get pivot with no money up front. (as far as deposits go)

I will say that credit is a very big problem for many people but I never understood the idea of BHN or any cable company needing a credit check for hardware. Last I checked those were two way cable devices that would be very hard to sell. Even if they could be sold I doubt many people tight on money would sell their digital box compared to doing something else. Now Satellite boxes are a very different story though so I can understand DirecTV and Dish doing a credit check to get a box.

Also Fair Isaacs (sorry sp) isn't exactly accurate most of the time. Its amazing how I opened another credit card with a 5800 starting limit without paying off any debt and my score jumped 38 points with TU and 20-25 points for both EP and EQ. Honestly the above makes no fricking sense at all but hey I'm not complaining. Also keep in mind that my credit scores have been in the high 700s for a couple of years. Now my TU is above 800 but the other two are in the 790s now. Also what is even more amazing is that I paid off one card because the company ticked me off (I didn't close the account) and that caused my score to drop 10+ points.

Honestly think about that you lose credit if you pay a card off (ie reduce debt) but you gain a massive credit increase for getting another credit card account. That just doesn't make sense because if anything paying off the card should result in no change or a small increase. Opening a new account should at the least be no change but still not a 30 point increase. The whole stinking process sounds flawed from my views but hey when nobody knows how they get your scores how can you fight back. All I can say is that Fair Isaacs has what a 70 percent plus error rate so that should say it all right.

Heck when I first checked my report when I was 18 years old my report had so many collections on it from credit cards it was a joke. It was easy getting them removed as if they didn't remove them I could file charges for these credit card companies issuing a credit card to an 11 year old child. Yes these debts went that far back and were tied into my credit report.

Heck when I first checked my report when I was 18 years old my report had so many collections on it from credit cards it was a joke. It was easy getting them removed as if they didn't remove them I could file charges for these credit card companies issuing a credit card to an 11 year old child. Yes these debts went that far back and were tied into my credit report.

When I was 18 I ran up 3 credit cards to the max and never made a payment on any of them. I was never taught anything about money or credit by the schools or my parents and honestly didn't know any better. Once it hits your credit report as negative it will fall off in 7 years. I offered all three companies to settle up if they agreed to remove it from my credit report (fair trade don't you think?). In the end, one of them took half in exchange for removing it from my report (Sears) and the other two got nothing because they refused to remove it from my credit report. Their loss, not mine, as it fell off 7 years later and I never paid a dime. Why in the hell would anybody pay it if it is still negatively sitting on their credit report.

I have since matured and learned as a 30something adult. You hear all this crap in the news about overextended credit, yet they never teach you about that key fundamental in high school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts