Looking for 100 cm dish southern indiana

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im not allowd to have hang over...or on roof..its just too big...its like trying to stuff a suv into a cabnet..its taller and wider than the allowd space i have...ive packd it up and its in storage for fucture...mabe another 80 cm..kinda scared the 90 be same prob and out more $...

Still, if you show some pictures than it would be easier to understand and advice. At least you could show some picture of your 80cm dish installed (I understood you had it before). No pictures- no fun :(

I cant do pics...nothing left to take pics of...pole and 80 cm is gone...and the 100 cm which i didnt know would be insanley longer arm and bigger than the 80cm lost in storms...only thing gona fit and comply with all the retarded rules and regulations of owners..wish i woulda known before $ was spent for fucture fun..

OK, make couple of pictures of installation place (balcony or patio) with approximate measurements, and place those pictures here.

I cant figure out pics on mobile app...but from wall to railing is 33 inch and space from railing to flat cealing is just shy of 52 inch...

sorry k.r. but trying to understand your issue without seeing anything it is like learn to play piano without actually piano itself.

I know...picture a rectangle...from floor to rail is bout 35 inch...rail to cealing is just under 53 inch..from my wall to the rail is 33 inch...padio is a rectangle shape..them are the front to back and top to bottom of padio...the long way i have a prob..its bein above the rail and not blockd or against roof..im almost certin i messd up and should went smaller...i just cant keep within my padio with out hanging over and have a proper angle to view any orbital location

k.r. I have about 39 inch from floor to rail and about 47 inches from wall to rail and, yes, little little bit wider balcony I have. 33 inches wide is really not too much, but when I've said "dish upside-down" did you really consider this? Sometimes this way can help a lot in narrow places like you have .
And what is satellite direction from your balcony to your chosen satellite?

I was def wanting 97w and 99w for c band but was wanting to surf from 15w to 130 something west..i have a nice view...just a terrible house and i have no yard...its a apartment..i think im going to go back to smaller dish..for now...and i did try upside down..it just hangs over no matter what i do in places im not allowd to have it...

What is the direction from your balcony towards 99*W? Maybe we understand "dish upside-down" differently?
Can you show location of your balcony on google maps?

Upside down as in feed arm ontop of dish and any company logo would be upside down on dish...thats how i always took it..flip the whole thing over..i will give google map location later when im home

Upside down as in feed arm ontop of dish and any company logo would be upside down on dish...thats how i always took it..flip the whole thing over..
In case of the offset dish this is not true. That will look something like THIS and will not be too high on your balcony. Certainly, the dish wold not be so visible from the ground. It is not necessary to be at home to give your home google map location.

For example, how it looks like for my location, from my balcony (circled red) towards my desirable satellite. Can you make such a screenshot k.r. ? ScreenHunter_621 Feb. 13 23.27.jpg

Thats creepy simular....minus the trees and im 30 ft overtop houses roofs across st....61 west is straight out the padio door

I ended up purchasing a 76 cm winegard from the local flea market..signal wise vs the fortec star 80 cm..the 80 was lil wider and more forgiveing beam but signals are basicaly the same...somes 1 or 2 % stronger somes 1 or 2 % weaker..not a step foward or back..

The padio...and the new 76 cm mini cband...pointed at 97w....amg 51%...latv 50%...walk and i cant rem name of other on same tp 52%...i had about 30% more signal strength useing this scaler vs the other..theres a drywall screw ran through one of the lnb mount holes to my wood block to help hold it along with the hose clamp..lines up perfect with the origional holder height and angle

Attachments

• 1455679278659.jpg
    1455679278659.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 1455679291913.jpg
    1455679291913.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 1455679334327.jpg
    1455679334327.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 117
  • 1455679361307.jpg
    1455679361307.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Reactions: danristheman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts