Looking for a satellite finder with Signal and Quality on LCD Screen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

enb141

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Central America
Hi guys I'm looking for a digital satellite finder that has Signal Strength and Quality, if possible with DVB-S and DVB-S2, I looked around and I've found Lexium 6100Mini and I would like to know if that's the best option or there's something better without breaking my pockets.

Thanks.

Look for a sathero SH-200(self powered) or SH-100 needs to be in-line with receiver for power.

I've looked around for sathero SH-200 and it looks cool but unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong) it only shows signal strength and no signal quality.

I've looked around for sathero SH-200 and it looks cool but unfortunately (correct me if I'm wrong) it only shows signal strength and no signal quality.
Q is relative. Every brand/model will show something different. Look closely and you'll notice it displays C/N ratio and BER. Carrier noise ratio and BER are not relative, they are real values. More valuable than "Q".

Thanks for that advice about C/N and BER but after looking for videos and other reviews of the Sathero SH-200 I've found that it needs a serial port in order to update the software and also the C/N and BER are just numbers and not meters like others.

I been looking at the super satbuddy meter. Sometimes you can find a used one a bit cheaper than a new one. What is the difference between the super satbuddy and hte super satbuddy 29?

I currently don't have a serial port on my PC so a mini USB to USB will work?

No you need a USB to serial as FaT showed above.

I have not used one with this meter(I have a serial port), but I have used the adapters for other things. I always have mixed results and hair pulling depending on what brand I use and what OS and computer, the device I am using is hooked up to.

Hi guys I'm looking for a digital satellite finder that has Signal Strength and Quality, if possible with DVB-S and DVB-S2, I looked around and I've found Lexium 6100Mini and I would like to know if that's the best option or there's something better without breaking my pockets.

Thanks.

What price range is not breaking the bank? Breaking the bank is kinda different for everyone, $20 for some, couple of hundred for others.

I myself have a First Strike FS1 meter and I really like it, but I don't think it's DVB-S2, I paid two something for it. Another thing to consider when buying a meter might be how rugged it is, if you're at all a clumsy clutz like I am, :eek: my meter has hit the ground way too many times, but it still works fine!

ke4est said:
No you need a USB to serial as FaT showed above.

I have not used one with this meter(I have a serial port), but I have used the adapters for other things. I always have mixed results and hair pulling depending on what brand I use and what OS and computer, the device I am using is hooked up to.

Cough cough could that because someone is using that windows 8 junk in the trunk lol

Cough cough could that because someone is using that windows 8 junk in the trunk lol

Ha nope I only tested one with Windows 8.1 and worked fine, last time I had issues was back in the XP days. I know you are joking around, but back then tons of people had issues, I think it was cause they were just hitting the market. Computers were starting to make the transition to no RS-232, but still tons of stuff with using it.

To me not breaking my pockets means no more than $180.00 - $200.00 top, I currently have the cheapest analog brandless sat finder and that I remember I never droped it so I basically care about something very usefull at roof without needing to go up and down a zillion times as I'm doing right now.

By the way I ended up buying the SATHERO SH-200, I was almost going to buy the Lexium 6100Mini or any similar clone but I hope I've made a good decision.

Thanks for your help guys.

I suffer from Cheap Bastard's disease. It prevents me from spending hundreds on a sat finder when I have a $30 openbox x3 and old $40 10” digital picture frame that plays composite video and does a great job at tuning a dish.

I was also considering using a USB DVB-S tunner and climbing with a laptop but it is too heavy and also I wanted something faster and less complicated to go to the roof.

You made the right choice if you have to climb on the roof. I am lucky that I have my dishes easily accessible at ground level. If I had to do that I’d want something a little more convenient also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts