Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

I ended up contacting Dish and was told this. As stated, some genius at Dish equates those random HD channels with BB@Home now with the addition of the one-disc plan. They tried to offer it free for 12 months with a new 24-month contract but I passed. I said "no contract and lower cost" was my goal and was offered 3 months free BB@Home + $5/mo credit for 6 months and I took it.

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!
I, too, was on Absolute HD, and got $15 credits for 12 months + Free Starz Anni Promo + Free Platinum, which all ended last week. I chatted with Dish and asked what they might do to keep me as a customer since my bill was really going to go up this month (to keep Platinum and lose the $15x12 credits). They offered me BB@Home free for 12 months, so I stayed (I really wasn't going anywhere anyway). At first they spoke about 24 month commitment, but they nixed that. I have the chat transcript confirming no commitment. I also rechatted the other day with a different rep to inquire if I was under contract, and was told no.

Switched from AT200 to the welcome pack last night. The wife was ok with losing Bravo, but we'll see for how long. We have been watching more Netflix and Amazon Prime together, so maybe it won't be missed by her.

Switched from AT200 to the welcome pack last night. The wife was ok with losing Bravo, but we'll see for how long. We have been watching more Netflix and Amazon Prime together, so maybe it won't be missed by her.

I switched to Directv. :D Install set for 3/7 which is right after my final $10 DISH credit. :eek:

It is if you're stuck watching 30 channels in SD on DirecTV that you used to watch in HD on Dish. I don't want to endure that again.

find me the 30.....oh wait you can't because there isn't. There are channels that one provider has in HD that the other one doesn't...so it doesnt equal 30

find me the 30.....oh wait you can't because there isn't. There are channels that one provider has in HD that the other one doesn't...so it doesnt equal 30
True the difference isn't 30, but there are about 30 Dish has the D* doesn't and probably the same number D* has that Dish doesn't. But the ones on D* just happen to be ones I never watch, and the ones Dish has I do watch. So for my viewing habits, D* is sorely lacking. I'm sure a sports fan would say the same about Dish.

looking at a list the only one I'm missing on D* is TruTV
Maybe RFD TV but I'm sure Hee Haw wasn't filmed in HD ;)

But I'm sure there are folks who can't miss seeing Kartrashian TV in HD on E! or Oprah and her cronies on OWN in HD ;)

I, too, was on Absolute HD, and got $15 credits for 12 months + Free Starz Anni Promo + Free Platinum, which all ended last week. I chatted with Dish and asked what they might do to keep me as a customer since my bill was really going to go up this month (to keep Platinum and lose the $15x12 credits). They offered me BB@Home free for 12 months, so I stayed (I really wasn't going anywhere anyway). At first they spoke about 24 month commitment, but they nixed that. I have the chat transcript confirming no commitment. I also rechatted the other day with a different rep to inquire if I was under contract, and was told no.

I just called.. and they were only willing to offer $5 off for 6 mos + 1 free movie ch for 3 mos. she said she would note that on the acct.. so I wonder if I'm pretty hosed at this point to get anything better ? If this is all they want to do, I can switch to Direct, and get my 2nd TV to HD, and still be $13 ahead (net) vs. staying with Dish....

I am in the same boat.
Lost HDA, but at the last minute got a good deal on platinum and starz plus a nice discount.
Then the first of febuary it all vanished.
Now they are offering pretty much nothing to keep me as a customer.
So now its time to ditch the dish and go streaming for free ( or almost free).
The convenience of watching TV by the channel will be gone, but all my shows will automatically be recorded for when I want to watch.
And its all full HD.
HDA was great while it lasted but all good things must end.

I just called.. and they were only willing to offer $5 off for 6 mos + 1 free movie ch for 3 mos. she said she would note that on the acct.. so I wonder if I'm pretty hosed at this point to get anything better ? If this is all they want to do, I can switch to Direct, and get my 2nd TV to HD, and still be $13 ahead (net) vs. staying with Dish....

I say go where the best deal is, especially nowdays even if it means churning between one and the other every 2 yrs.:D Centurylink just moved into my neighborhood and i had 12 mb internet installed Monday that will be bundled with my upcoming Directv service. Couldn't pass on the 2 yrs of savings over Dish. I have nothing against Dish and thier external HD option with the 211's is excellent. But......Money talks and besides from what i've heard here both company's only care about new customers.;)

I'm looking to switch from Latino Max to AT200 but all I've been offered is the BB@home for 12 for free but have to go w/ the commitment for 2 yrs. I just don't feel it is worth it. My bro just dropped the BB@home as he said it really wasn't worth it. He was never getting the BR's on his cue. Going back under contract for 12 months of a mediocre 1 disc at a time service that isn't stocking enuff just isn't worth it. There is no BB in the area so no way to just drop off and get another quick. E* you are gonna have to do better than this.

I'm looking to switch from Latino Max to AT200 but all I've been offered is the BB@home for 12 for free but have to go w/ the commitment for 2 yrs. I just don't feel it is worth it. My bro just dropped the BB@home as he said it really wasn't worth it. He was never getting the BR's on his cue. Going back under contract for 12 months of a mediocre 1 disc at a time service that isn't stocking enuff just isn't worth it. There is no BB in the area so no way to just drop off and get another quick. E* you are gonna have to do better than this.

Spoken like a future Directv'er!:D Serious, i got $34 off first year plus Showtime for a year due to the 2nd year written quote being 5 bucks higher than the verbal given at time of order. Not to mention the 3 mo's HBO,MAX and Starz. And then there is an additional 10 bucks off the centurylink bundle. I hope! Or from what i've been told by both companies. But sadly, I won't know for sure until everythings installed and the first bill comes. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts