Losing HD locals late at night on 61.5

joemuseum

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 9, 2008
I am probably not directly in the spotbeams, having "moved" to ATL and now to B'ham. I am about equidistant from either. My local HDs disaappear. Atlanta's used to disappear sometime towards the end of the David Letterman show. Not exactly the same time but within 30 minutes. Not sure when exactly my B'hams disappear, but they do. Is there some phenomenom that I don't know about causing this?

They come back sometime in the morning during the Today show. The times they come back vary more. Maybe over a couple of hours.

I have two dishes on my house. One pointing at 61.5 for my HDs. All of the other national HD channels come in fine 24-7.

When the channels are missing I get a message saying that Dish is working on the issue, but after weeks, I have guessed this screen must come up anytime a reciever cannot get the spotbeam.

Any help would be appreciated because my mind works overtime when confronted with things I cannot understand. :)

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one helped me understand why this is happening.

Oh well.

Michael

Might be a bad LNB reacting to cooling off at night. Might be atmospherics if the signal strength is low to start with. Monitor and record the signal strength on the spotbeam transponder during the day and then again during the evening/night.

I am having a similar problem with my Charlotte HD locals dropping out because i have a dish pointing at 118 and 61.5. Charlotte HD locals are on 118 (CONUS) and 61.5 (SPOT BEAM). I am not in the SPOT BEAM area so I get the locals from 118 but sometimes my receivers apparently try to get the channels from 61.5 and when they do i get the same 'No need to call us we are working on the problem' screen. Doing a receiver reset and/or a check switch gets the channels back but i've been told there is no permanent solution other than to disconnect 61.5 or 'move' to a region that only has HD locals on CONUS (currently only Pittsburgh and St Louis). Where are you getting your HD locals from?

I show Birmingham HD locals on 61.5 and 119 (both transponders 9, both spot beam) but perhaps my info is incorrect. Do you happen to have dishes pointed at 61.5 AND 119?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts