Lost all my recording on my Hopper w/ Sling -- DIRT??

gizbug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Last night, was in a hotel. Logged into Dish Anywhere to watch some recordings. They were working fine, then the app froze up. Called my wife at home, and said there was an error on the tv with the hopper, something about sling experiencing issues. I had her press the red reset button. I can now long into the hopper with my Dish Anywhere app, however, all my recordings are now gone. Is this a sign of a bad HD? What steps should I do to fix this issue. Contact someone from DIRT on this forum?

Red button reset won't do it???
When Hard Drive is involved, usually not. In fact, one message screen RE Hard Drive error instructs to pull plug for 5 seconds, which was the only way for me recently.

When Hard Drive is involved, usually not. In fact, one message screen RE Hard Drive error instructs to pull plug for 5 seconds, which was the only way for me recently.

Power Cord Reset worked for me when this happened. Tried red button first.

Technically, I wonder what is different between RBR and PCR?

Only way to totally remove power from the box, and do a hard reboot, maybe??
Obviously, pulling the plug is the only way to remove power.
But, I want to know what happens differently in each type of reset. IOW, what does the removal of power do, that RBR doesn't? Perhaps the RBR resets the system board, but not the HDD controller that resides on the HDD. That might be a reason on the PCR works.

To my understanding it was the same difference as rebooting your computer, and shutting your computer all the way down. The PCR forces it to drop all packets and start fresh, where RBR can still maintain fragments of information or even static charges.

Reactions: KAB
Pulling the power plug, and replugging in the power, did not restore any of my recording. Dish is going to send me a new hopper w/sling

You can connect replacement hoppers without tech visits. They are actually probably the easiest receiver to replace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts