Luken Networks could head to Auction Block

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I still say they should put it on a Roku channel. I would pay $1 a month for RTV and PBJ as long as they bump up the picture quality and back off the compression.
As it is now they are getting diddly squat from me and their disgusting and annoying commercials, I wouldn’t do business with that vermin if I had to.
So they profit zero from me watching their stuff now. Put it on Roku and I would pay to watch it. I would prefer it to be free on there too but if not I would pay a $1 a month.

They could ditch the satellite and save big times.

PBJ is still OTA thanks to a local religious channel carrying them (and TUFF) as sub-channels.
I really hope they can survive. As painful as it has been to watch them self destruct in slow motion, I still want them to survive.
If they can keep on doing FTA I’m good with that. I like PBJ a lot (I’m old and grumpy, I need some escapism) and I appreciate the classic Doctor Who and the goofy Saturday night stuff on RTV (or whatever they are calling it today).

What I don’t understand is why the local religious channel (KAOB) is carrying TUFF which is NOT family friendly but not carrying RTV which is a good bit more family friendly.

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.36.54 AM.png

Because RTV is already affiliated with KUMY-LP or KEBQ-LP in the market.

- Trip

Oh yes.. Well that’s just rubbish because KUMY is running analog and use a hamster wheel to power their transmitter. Also they have a MASSIVE, GAUDY banner/watermark that covers the lower 1/3 of the screen. ALL THE WAY ACROSS.

The signal is so weak and so poor that nothing will pick it up. They should just shut it down because they are doing a huge disservice to the community and to Luken networks.
They need to let it go and let someone with a real transmitter and real facilities air the channel. These knot heads are LOSERS and ruining it for everyone. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

PBJ is still OTA thanks to a local religious channel carrying them (and TUFF) as sub-channels.
I really hope they can survive. As painful as it has been to watch them self destruct in slow motion, I still want them to survive.
If they can keep on doing FTA I’m good with that. I like PBJ a lot (I’m old and grumpy, I need some escapism) and I appreciate the classic Doctor Who and the goofy Saturday night stuff on RTV (or whatever they are calling it today).

What I don’t understand is why the local religious channel (KAOB) is carrying TUFF which is NOT family friendly but not carrying RTV which is a good bit more family friendly.

View attachment 100568

There is an channel up down button, and number keypads, change the channel if you don't like it! Thats why tv is so censored, because people that are easily offended WON'T change the channel!:facepalm

There is an channel up down button, and number keypads, change the channel if you don't like it! Thats why tv is so censored, because people that are easily offended WON’T change the channel!:facepalm

Oh, good job of jumping to conclusions. I did not say I was offended by the channel, did I ? Nope. I was ~wondering~ why a religious channel (I am not religious and don’t watch religious channels, ever) would run TUFF TV which is full of content that doesn’t seem to fit in with things you would think religious types would approve of, it’s actually content that I would think they would not approve of. I could care less if they want to run TUFF TV. I don’t watch it and have no need for it, there’s nothing on there at all that I have the least bit of interest in. They have SIX channels and the one and only channel I am interested in is PBJ. All the rest, I could care less.

TV is not censored because of people like me, TV is censored in America because of ultra conservative religious types. I am as far from that as one can possibly get.

Oh, good job of jumping to conclusions. I did not say I was offended by the channel, did I ? Nope. I was ~wondering~ why a religious channel (I am not religious and don’t watch religious channels, ever) would run TUFF TV which is full of content that doesn’t seem to fit in with things you would think religious types would approve of, it’s actually content that I would think they would not approve of. I could care less if they want to run TUFF TV. I don’t watch it and have no need for it, there’s nothing on there at all that I have the least bit of interest in. They have SIX channels and the one and only channel I am interested in is PBJ. All the rest, I could care less.

TV is not censored because of people like me, TV is censored in America because of ultra conservative religious types. I am as far from that as one can possibly get.

Don't forget about you said this earlier in this topic: "I would have thought RTV was more family friendly than TUFF which is a lot of ZOOM ZOOM, BOOM BOOM and womanizing stuff."

You can blame it on politics all you want, however it's Ned Flandery types that cause tv to be overly censored.

Is Lassie still on RTV ? I´d call that family friendly, Dog the Bounty Hunter on TUFF TV, not exactly my idea of a family show. :biggrin

Reactions: Dee_Ann
While I do watch rtv and tuff from time to time, I watch Heartland more than the other Luken channels.

Is Lassie still on RTV ? I´d call that family friendly, Dog the Bounty Hunter on TUFF TV, not exactly my idea of a family show. :biggrin

Lassie, sure all 20 episodes that they have been showing for 5 years over and over again.

Which is a shame, as the series lasted 19~ years and had 571 episodes. The Canadian version of "Animal Planet" used to show it, and they aired all episodes that went from 1954 through 1973. So they are out there to be shown...

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Do you REALLY think people will pay for the crap programming RTV broadcasts? I don't. It's good enough now and again for free stuff, but barely. There's no way this will be sold to anybody else. Luken will end up buying it right back at auction. You can bet on that.

Also, Luken/RTV has nothing to do with METV, entirely different owner and programming.
OOOOOppppppssss! Must be old age day. You are correct. Don't know how I messed up Weigel with Lukie.
Guess I'll go hide again......

Lassie, sure all 20 episodes that they have been showing for 5 years over and over again.

Which is a shame, as the series lasted 19~ years and had 571 episodes. The Canadian version of "Animal Planet" used to show it, and they aired all episodes that went from 1954 through 1973. So they are out there to be shown...

Wow. sometimes Canadian channels have good ol´stuff.

I like Vision tv as they have Murder she Wrote, Columbo, The Waltons, and they´ll add Marcus Welby, McMilland and Wife, and I think also McCloud for the fall.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)