Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So back on topic, an answer to the 13 vs 22 tuner limit, although again this is a rumor and speculation, but i am told the lnb is firmware upgradeable. Mine has 13 tuners now but my aim meter cant read it to run tests. No further comments at this time.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
Is your AIM upgradable to read it ?

So back on topic, an answer to the 13 vs 22 tuner limit, although again this is a rumor and speculation, but i am told the lnb is firmware upgradeable. Mine has 13 tuners now but my aim meter cant read it to run tests. No further comments at this time.

Sent from my K013 using Tapatalk
But you would think such firmware to update to 22 tuner capacity is the NR 0x0ABC now spooling out to the Genies and 0x09dd currently completed NR rollout for the HR2X receivers that show the three new DSWM2 LNBs in the setup list and cause the new 99(cr) and 103(cr) signal level screens to appear.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I thought an LNB with pretty much a passive device. Catch signal, clean and amplify signal, send it down the wire, job done.

I wasn't referring to the firmware of the receiver I was referring to the firmware of the lnb itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Interesting. ...

Didn't know that was possible.

Have any idea how that might be done? Firmware downloaded via satellite to a Genie or other receivers on the account and then the 2.3 MHz control link to the DSWM2 LNB used to upload and flash the new firmware on it?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I have no further comments at this time, but would like to stress that all of the above is educated speculation. I Will let Scott or Jason confirm when they have the accredited information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Anyone have any rumors on the name? I read one that they may just go with AT&T and drop both UVerse and DTV.
Name is up for debate ... I haven't heard anything one way or the other as far as a potential name change from my att news reports.

DirecTV is a trusted name. I can't see how AT&T would want to throw that name away along with the trust behind it.

They pretty much already have. The greeting when you call in no longer signifies that you're calling DIRECTV. It's pretty much mentioned within the IVR.

Not saying it's completely out the door, but I feel like it's on its way out.

They pretty much already have. The greeting when you call in no longer signifies that you're calling DIRECTV. It's pretty much mentioned within the IVR.

Not saying it's completely out the door, but I feel like it's on its way out.
Thats not true at all ...
If your an att sub or in an att area they answer the phone ATT Directv.
They have been doing this for about a year already.

Thats not true at all ...
If your an att sub or in an att area they answer the phone ATT Directv.
They have been doing this for about a year already.

I probably should have specified. At Owned and Operated sites for Directv, reps are no longer answering "Thanks for calling Directv" or even ".... AT&T Directv."

besides, I never mentioned anything about AT&T (even though the acquisition has gone through, I still consider DIRECTV as their own service) or AT&T areas.. not sure why that was even a thing.

I have a question about the proposed box that is supposed to carry both satellite feed & then switch to internet in event of rain,& if this has already been covered,then refer me back to relevant post,but latency for satellite is different than latency for internet,it will not be a smooth transition back & forth. Will the box give you a choice to watch either satellite or internet,instead of switching from one to the other during rain or snow storms?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)