Major DIRECTV Rumor Alerts

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks. Just curious was he able to tell you how that would work as far switching back and forth? What would happen if their was a glitch in the software and it didn't know when to switch back? Also would it be IPTV or just Internet streaming like how you do it when you sign into DTV.com?

I wouldn't expect it until the next generation of boxes comes out. I would think the implementation of it is so you can't tell if its switching back and forth other than a quality bump. I would imagine it would be like internet streaming.

I wouldn't expect it until the next generation of boxes comes out. I would think the implementation of it is so you can't tell if its switching back and forth other than a quality bump. I would imagine it would be like internet streaming.
Yeah ...

Has to be IP streaming over the internet as the backup.
What other network could it take place over unless perhaps the sub is in a former Uverse covered area?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

I was thinking. DirecTV has the ability to go back if you tune into a program late. If you lose the satellite signal the receiver could just go to that "go back" feed and download that to replace the broken satellite feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking. DirecTV has the ability to go back if you tune into a program late. If you lose the satellite signal the receiver could just go to that "go back" feed and download that to replace the broken satellite feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True but this would restart it not pick up where you left off (or lost signal)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah with all the snow were gonna get I forced sometime tomorrow we'll lose service due to a pile of snow on the dish. IPTV failover would be a godsend. We're not going anywhere with 20 inches of snow on the ground.

Yeah with all the snow were gonna get I forced sometime tomorrow we'll lose service due to a pile of snow on the dish. IPTV failover would be a godsend. We're not going anywhere with 20 inches of snow on the ground.
IF, the snow on your dish is not WET and heavy .... you may have no problem ...
Is your dish on the roof or on the ground (heres why I always push for on the ground)
You could also get yourself a heater for it.

Reactions: ejb1980
We got lucky and though we had 24 to 30 inches of snow in places due to snow drifts, we never lost DirecTV this time. I'm hard pressed to make a snowball or snowman, it's real light and fluffy, plus the wind kept the snow moving so maybe that's why it didn't collect on the dish this time.

With our tree cover the dish needs to be on the roof to clear it for line of sight.

We got lucky and though we had 24 to 30 inches of snow in places due to snow drifts, we never lost DirecTV this time. I'm hard pressed to make a snowball or snowman, it's real light and fluffy, plus the wind kept the snow moving so maybe that's why it didn't collect on the dish this time.

With our tree cover the dish needs to be on the roof to clear it for line of sight.
Mines on a pole at roof height, next to the corner of the house, but it's also a flat roof at that spot, so I have easy access.

The light and fluffy stuff should never kill your signal.

You need to write a D* commercial with your story. Cable loves to mention that if there is weather, you lose D*.
That said, I wouldn't have worried about the snow piling up on the dish as the wind will take care of it.

Reactions: Jimbo

Mine is installed on the roof and I completely expected to lose service. Never happened. I figure it never collected on the dish for the reasons you stated.

It's those wet slushy storms that are a satellite killer. And if follow by a drop in temp, it could be out for days unless the dish is cleared of the white stuff.

SuperSoakers don't supply enough water to clear my past problems and it wasn't the dish reflector either. It was usually ice buildup on the lnb. I would get out the garden hose to melt it away. Any left over moisture that froze wasn't a problem.
Ice build up on the lnb ?
Wow, first time I've heard of that one.

I've had to clear snow of the dish each morning the past two days. Mine is on the ground, but its between the alley and our deck, and with the alley getting plowed it's getting deep to get to the dish. If it happens again I'm going to have to use a broom from the deck and get it from the top. We got six inches of VERY heavy wet snow Monday into Tuesday, and another four to five inches of fairly heavy snow Tuesday into Wednesday.

Is there anything of interest happening with DirecTV (now owned by AT&T)?

I'm thinking of high definition channels.

An improved on-screen user guide. (For three years running, I get jams keying in channel numbers and I also will get slow response times changing channels.)

And anything else that it is noteworthy.

Is there anything of interest happening with DirecTV (now owned by AT&T)?

I'm thinking of high definition channels.

An improved on-screen user guide. (For three years running, I get jams keying in channel numbers and I also will get slow response times changing channels.)

And anything else that it is noteworthy.
Hmmm,
Multiple New Recvrs, 4K set ups ...

Nah, nothing of interest.

Reactions: apollog
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)