Making switch from directv but question about 120 package

Delray

Original poster
Feb 2, 2014
South
My wife has to have hallmark, hallmark movies and lifetime. The dish salesman says they are included in the top 120 pack but the website channel list doesn't show all of them for the 120 package. Is the salesman lying to get my business or did I just miss something?

The guide I am looking at does not show any of them in the 120 package?? (I'm using the pdf guide on mydish com)

My wife has to have hallmark, hallmark movies and lifetime. The dish salesman says they are included in the top 120 pack but the website channel list doesn't show all of them for the 120 package. Is the salesman lying to get my business or did I just miss something?

You mention the "Dish salesman"...who have you contacted to set up your service? Did you call a number in a flyer that came in the mail? Or a retailer? Or the main number (which is 800-333-3474)? I would suggest NOT calling any number that is on a flyer that comes in your mail or Sunday paper, those are national retailers (GoDish, InfinityDish, etc), and many people have had many problems with them. They make the sale, then drop you like a hot potato, letting Dish clean up the mess they made (misleading comments about packages, receivers, etc).

Contact the main number (800-333-3474) or a TRUSTED local retailer.

(Edit) ditto what JSheridan said, those aren't in the AT120, but are included in the Heartland package, which is an extra $6/month.

You mention the "Dish salesman"...who have you contacted to set up your service? Did you call a number in a flyer that came in the mail? Or a retailer? Or the main number (which is 800-333-3474)? I would suggest NOT calling any number that is on a flyer that comes in your mail or Sunday paper, those are national retailers (GoDish, InfinityDish, etc), and many people have had many problems with them. They make the sale, then drop you like a hot potato, letting Dish clean up the mess they made (misleading comments about packages, receivers, etc).

Contact the main number (800-333-3474) or a TRUSTED local retailer.

(Edit) ditto what JSheridan said, those aren't in the AT120, but are included in the Heartland package, which is an extra $6/month.

I called 1-888-656-2461 initially which is the number at the top of dish.com.

I wonder why the salesman would not tell me that its an extra $6 a month for that package? Seems shady.

I called 1-888-656-2461 initially which is the number at the top of dish.com.

I wonder why the salesman would not tell me that its an extra $6 a month for that package? Seems shady.

What's that old saying... 'Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence', or something like that.

IMHO Your best bet would be a TRUSTED LOCAL retailer.

We found out on Sunday that Hallmark wasn't included in our 120 pkg. when my wife wanted to watch the Kitten Bowl and couldn't find it. Of course I heard about it.:( She was already bummed that she couldn't watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet because the 120 doesn't have that either.

You could have upgraded to make her happy..... :)
Or downgraded I was bored with Superbowl so I watched some of the Kitten Bowl in the Welcome Pack. Maybe you need to look at package contents again and change to the one that contains your interests.

You could have upgraded to make her happy..... :)

I explained to her that it wouldn't make much sense to pay more just to get two channels that we rarely watch. In fact I don't remember the last time we actually wanted to watch anything on those two channels.

I explained to her that it wouldn't make much sense to pay more just to get two channels that we rarely watch. In fact I don't remember the last time we actually wanted to watch anything on those two channels.

Ok. Is that couch comfortable for sleeping? :)

Just tell her to get a paper route if she wants those two channels. Just kidding of course, but my wife and I end up solely watching six or seven channels (ESPN, FOX Sports, Hallmark, Hallmark movie, Inspiration, and locals). What a waste of money to pay for the channels we do not watch.

We would love to have you in the DISH family and I am sorry for the misinformation you received. You can get all of these channels with the Top 120 with the Heartand add on package for $5 a month. If you have any other questions about our services, please send me a PM!

We would love to have you in the DISH family and I am sorry for the misinformation you received. You can get all of these channels with the Top 120 with the Heartand add on package for $5 a month. If you have any other questions about our services, please send me a PM!
Alright, BeckiB, speaking of misinformation...isn't the Heartland Pack now $6? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts