May Come Back to Dish

There are a lot of reasons people either stay with their current provider or leave. The bottom line is, it's up to you whether you stay with Directv or switch over to Dish for whatever reason. Please let us know what you decide and your final reasons for doing so. Whichever way you go, have a great viewing experience.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Thanks for the posts.
My install is setup for Saturday.
I had Dish 07 to10. Had both for a short time then went to Directv to present. I'll post how things go.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'd call Directv and tell them you have a Dish install scheduled Saturday.

They may make you an offer you can't refuse.......you never know unless you call 1st.

I'd call Directv and tell them you have a Dish install scheduled Saturday.

They may make you an offer you can't refuse.......you never know unless you call 1st.

I won't call until installer gets here.
Direct will throw a lot at me but unfortunately they don't have a Hopper.

Personally, I don't like to play one against the other. It's not fair to the installer to take his time to come to your house and then turn him away because D made you a retention offer. Make up your mind and stick with it.

I'm not calling until the installer shows because I've been on the wrong end of installer no shows in the past.
Besides. Dish told me to do the same when I setup the account.

While I did play with the Hopper guide. Is there any lag while viewing a recording in a Joey room using FF or R?
Have whole home (not genie) and there is lag when viewing recording on another receiver using FF or R.

I wouldn't call it a lag, it is just not quite as lightning quick as the Hopper. However you can still do the multiple button presses, for instance, 6 quick presses of the skip ahead key will move you ahead 3 minutes, or 3 quick presses of the skip back key will move you back 30 seconds. The Joey being a client it has to send the key press to the Hopper and back so it can't be as quick.

Having both, I would say the hopper is great but the genie is not that bad itself, giving the edge to the hopper. For me and I did say me, everything else like on demand, more HD stations, and the station I watch the most, directv wins for me!!

My dish is still up from 2010. Think it's the 1000.2? Any changes since then with wiring?
My locals (Birmingham Al.) are on both e/a and w/a.
I think I was on e/a back then but not sure.
Edit: now I think it was. w/a. I remember sat. 110 and 129.

My dish is still up from 2010. Think it's the 1000.2? Any changes since then with wiring?
My locals (Birmingham Al.) are on both e/a and w/a.
I think I was on e/a back then but not sure.
Edit: now I think it was. w/a. I remember sat. 110 and 129.

The 1000.2 antenna is OK. There are some wiring changes if you go with a Hopper system but those are fairly easy in most cases. In any event Dish will get you set up with what's needed.

Got HWS, SuperJoey and Joey installed today. I've had Dish before so not totally blind going in. Installer was nice but could tell he was a newb. Came from Directv where I had 2 HR24 and 1 H24.
Hopper is very responsive. No lag on the Joeys using skip forward or back.
Only thing the HR has the Hopper beat using page on the guide. HR you can't see the page move at all. Hopper is not quite has fast. No biggie. My local hd look a ton better on Dish. Direct locals were very soft.
Other hd look the same on both.
Only hiccup so far is with the Sling remotely on iPhone. Invalid id. Others here have told me to give it a few days.
Very impressed overall thus far.

Reactions: Tampa8
Count me in as one moving to dish. I have an HR44 genie with directv now. Ordered a HWS with dish and installing Saturday. Had dish many many years ago. My dad has a hopper so I am familiar with the receiver and bugs for the most part. I just wish a few bugs would be fixed otherwise I'm sure I will be more than happy. Is it sad that I still miss my old 625? Lol

Count me in as one moving to dish. I have an HR44 genie with directv now. Ordered a HWS with dish and installing Saturday. Had dish many many years ago. My dad has a hopper so I am familiar with the receiver and bugs for the most part. I just wish a few bugs would be fixed otherwise I'm sure I will be more than happy. Is it sad that I still miss my old 625? Lol
My favorite receiver was the 625 as well. Solid, responsive receiver.

Did you use a referral code to set up your install to save yourself $50?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts