ME TV On Dish

Pictures not bad for SD, least Hawaii 5-0 but do see the skinny look using standard SD format. So its meant to be watched in stretch I'm guessing. Not happening, just another channel to add into the abyss of unwatched channels.

Reactions: Tampa8
MeTV is not available in all areas on DISH if you already have a Local METV channel on DISH then you won't get the METV channel 247 go to metv.com where to watch page Where to Watch MeTV type in your zip code to see if you have METV on 247 on DISH

If you stretch it the format becomes correct.

What they heck? I saw no issue with the Wild Wild West show that ended a half hour ago. The aspect ratio looked correct and everybody looked normal.
MeTV is not available in all areas on DISH if you already have a Local METV channel on DISH then you won't get the METV channel 247

I have a local METV, I do not sub to sat locals, and yet 247 is there for me.

What they heck? I saw no issue with the Wild Wild West show that ended a half hour ago. The aspect ratio looked correct and everybody looked normal.

I have a local METV, I do not sub to sat locals, and yet 247 is there for me.

Everyone Top 120 and above got it unless DISH already gives them a local one.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
I have both. Dish version is 3 hours earlier too.

Looking at the DISH chart they don't show that they provide METV as part of your locals. Do you mean you get it over the air? Over the air has no bearing, but it is being reported if METV is an actual channel DISH already provided as part of your local package you would not get channel 247.

Andy Griffith Show looks normal in stretch as others have pointed out. If you use the Dish remote * works and doesn't change format on normal HD channels.

Looking at the DISH chart they don't show that they provide METV as part of your locals. Do you mean you get it over the air? Over the air has no bearing, but it is being reported if METV is an actual channel DISH already provided as part of your local package you would not get channel 247.
Ok, I get it now. Mine is OTA not from Dish. Channel 008-02.

Reactions: Tampa8
Hmmm, I didn't consider that. Dish provides my local MeTV (MyTV) as part of the locals pack on channel 32. OTA it's 30.2. So I wouldn't have gotten 247 regardless. From what is sounds like, the aspect ratio is screwed up on all versions, 247, 32, and 30.2.

Even stretching 247 to make it look normal isn't completely normal, as it is still zoomed and cropped top/bottom a bit. At least that's how it is on 32 and 30.2 for me.

Not completely but for many shows very close. I can say I see virtually no difference between watching OTA or on DISH which is to say overall not a bad picture for SD.

Interesting that people who get it outside the Eastern Time Zone, at least in some time zones are getting programming earlier than their local. Must be only one feed from METV and the locals control when the program airs to match the schedule.

I thought METV was one of the subchannels that was not able to have a national channel on satellite due to restrictions about locals or something?

I don't see a clear answer to that other than METV got their shows cleared to be shown, or they are the ones with first right to show them and if another channel in a market with no METV is showing them it is with the permission of METV. I'm also not sure at what age a show - if at any age - change syndicated rights and they are not as restrictive. We have a couple of shows that are on two different networks.
All these channels many DISH carries now are almost like a reborn Superstation situation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)