MeTV Removed from Dish

A Tuesday channel addition? Doesn’t DISH usually launch channels on Wednesdays?
Dish normally does the channel additions/changes early Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday mornings. The thing is that channel is launching on Tuesday. Dish has added channels at random times as soon as they come to a contract. They did that with MLB Network years ago where it was launched at the start of a baseball game in the evening. Same thing when SEC Network launched 10 years ago - it was turned on about an hour before it's official launch. Sorry I only have sports examples as that is what sticks in my mind :)

Bad news for those hoping for MeTV coming back - Merit Street Media's website (Dr Phil's new TV ch) is now showing it coming on 4/2 to ch 247 in HD :eeek
I thought it was going to be on channel 239 - the slot that Newsnation just left. Thanks for pointing this info out!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish normally does the channel additions/changes early Wednesday afternoon or very early Thursday mornings. The thing is that channel is launching on Tuesday. Dish has added channels at random times as soon as they come to a contract. They did that with MLB Network years ago where it was launched at the start of a baseball game in the evening. Same thing when SEC Network launched 10 years ago - it was turned on about an hour before it's official launch. Sorry I only have sports examples as that is what sticks in my mind :)
I don't see channel 247 in my guide. Will it just show up whenever Dish adds it? Will it be in a certain package? I miss Dr Phil.

I don't see channel 247 in my guide. Will it just show up whenever Dish adds it? Will it be in a certain package? I miss Dr Phil.
I don't see it either yet. My guess is that it will show up either today with a slate saying this is the new home of this channel, or else it will just show up on Tuesday when it launches.

I couldn't get dishpromise.com to load but just checked the guide again and what was listed as "not available" starting at 8:00pm MST and beyond is now back to listing the regular programming??? Maybe they made a last minute deal, fingers crossed.

As much as I hate to admit it, this is one of my favorite channels. Beats the hell out of reality shows that dominate programming these days.
I like reality shows but watching MeTV can be a nice break now and then.

Those are cool apps too. Hopefully they will add METV+, even though I do get it OTA. They have Rewind TV, which is not OTA here as yet, as the Portland station still has old contracts. Hopefully it will be added later this year.
I agree, my old Big Dish is just sitting out there. I plan to get rid of it this Summer. Not needed any longer.
Does Tablo carry metv?

But it's probably really cheap to add.
I'm sure Dr Phil is actually paying DISH, just as he's paying DirecTV & all the TBN affiliates to carry it - "pay-for-play":