Michael Bay's The Last Ship on TNT

I must be so jaded. I saw the plot complications coming way down the line. It was soooooo eye-rollingly obvious to me who was the "good guy" and who was the "bad guy". I started 30 second-skipping through the program. I want to like this show, but it was just so, so BAD yesterday. I felt I'd seen it all before. I'm not sure I'll care when they continue the program next year.

I see it being all about the different fractured factions trying to steal power now, in what was left of the country. I don't know I will continue next summer either.

I think if they want to keep true to the title of the show the "cure" has to be lost either via sabotage, massive firefight or simply shelf life..... They then head out to sea with updated intel to who knows where next.

Thing is, as deadly as this virus appears to be, if the cure is lost, then what is the real point.
Most everyone will be dead anyway. From a realistic standpoint, and yes it is tv lol, a cure needs to happen yesterday if not sooner to have any hope of rebuilding.

You know what will happen,the Nathan James will be sunk,the crazy guy who started the disease will come in with the Russian warship all by himself,because the rest of the crew all died from be exposed to him. The Nathan James crew will take it over.....Didn't I see this plot before,like in Star Trek 3 Search for Spock & Star Trek 4?

I enjoyed it, unexpected twist at the end. I'm looking forward to next season to see where they take it. Can the crew of one Navy ship save what is left of humanity? Or at least our piece of it.

One of these days the skipper will learn to stay on his boat. I'll keep watching but it isn't in my top 10 anticipated returns.
The capt never stayed on his starship on Star trek either. Kirk always put himself and sometimes his number 1 officer, and even the doc in danger just about in every away mission.

The capt never stayed on his starship on Star trek either. Kirk always put himself and sometimes his number 1 officer, and even the doc in danger just about in every away mission.

Yeah, but that was in the future where he could always get beamed (Insert Spaceballs scene here). The ones I'm familiar with wore a path between their stateroom, wardroom bridge and command center while underway. :)

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Enjoyed the series very much looking forward to next season.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts