MicroHd issues with locking

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta4life

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Beaumont,Texas
Ok I have to first off say that with my ku motorized system the Microhd has been the best receiver I have ever had. Hands down! I seem to catch alot more than I have with any prior receiver. However since installing my 9 ft Bud and getting it connected to the micro I have noticed some issues with signal locking.\

I know I am in the arc, I have tweaked this thing alot and what I do is bring the birdog meter to the dish, remove the h-h motor and use the handcrank so I can track the arc with the meter and see how sats are lining up. my declination is withing .15 at least, and I have tweaked it to the point where I am almost perfectly locked in.

Now here is the issue with the micro, on the 87 Luken mux It will show 10pct quality to 0 like the micro does on a few tps if you are not locked in, well then the micro will start out of nowhere showing a bouncing signal between 20-60 bouncing all over and then when I go to a channel on the mux it will come right in and then say 71-73 steady quality, but as soon as I go to another tp on the sat then go back to the luken mux I have to do the same thing over again by going to the sat on the sat/motor list then change back to the channels on the luken for the steady signal, I am also having the same issue on the anik 107.3 ctv hd tp for the 20 or so ctv hd channels. On all the other sats I am getting even s2 9/10 tps at a mid 70's quality which is great on the micro btw, but these two sats 87 and 107.3 I am getting this weird signal lock. If this is the case maybe the micro is not necessarly a great receiver for c band.

Have any of you ever experianced locking issues with the micro? I have read where people have had other microhd problems, but not so much a locking issue. The whole time I thought I was off and couldnt get the 87 mux But now I realize I am getting them it is just the micro is taking a bit to lock which is weird considering when it locks it is at a very high quality, I could understand if I were off and it took a bit to lock, but 73 quality is high.

I have experienced exactly what you are describing when using a microHD.

When this is occurring the receiver is changing FEC parameters and resending DiSEqC commands. During this event the FEC probably displays 1/4 instead of what it really is. In my case, my micro didn't communicate well with a Digiwave 8x1 switch and frequently caused a delayed switching request. This delay would also cause missed recordings. Sometimes the signal would lock for a second, giving a frozen picture and then up to a minute later, finally a good Q signal and picture.

I tried a different brand 8x1 switch and the issue was resolved. For me this was worse on 101W and 95W on C band for whatever reason.

yeah this one will do that and then say by source on the video and then a min later be locked in and functioning. However it is plugged straight up to a c band lnb, no switches or anything so I am confused as far as that goes.

I have also seen this "slow lock-in" on both c-band and ku (mostly ku). In my case, it has always been related to low signal for whatever reason. Dish or lnb not quite tweaked in for that sat, weather, tone-deaf wife singing while walking through the house (ok, maybe not that one, lol) etc. It can be quite annoying, especially since it can hose up blind-scanning due to slow lock.

I believe some of the issue is that the tuner is TOO good, or TOO sensitive, so is fighting itself.

I see slow to lock with my Coolsat 5k and AZUltra,so it's not just a microHD issue.It's just some channels,with pretty much any receiver,won't cooperate with our wishes.;)

Could it be anything to do with the receiver he's using for motor control and skew, or the polarotor servo? When I was using my old receiver, SR2012, for motor control and skew, it wouldn't lock right away sometimes. The receiver didn't consistently move the motor to the same position every time and the polarotor on the feed would stick now and then too. Once I switched to the V_Box and the dual ortho feed those problems went away.

It could be a power issue depending on which receiver is powering the lnbs. On my setup Im slaving off of my 4dtv (the 4dtv is powering both lnbs constantly), so the voltage doesn't change with polarity. If the Micro HD is powering the lnbs than voltage will change with polarity. Low voltage will make it slow to lock. If the polarity is set properly for the satellite, than the servo will finish moving before the dish does generally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)