MicroHD stopped working

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
I was trying to setup my MicroHD to work with Diseqc 1.2 this morning and after I saved my second satellite position the receiver locked up. I unplugged the unit for about 30 seconds and now when it powers on I see a flash of the main screen for about 2 seconds then the TV reports "no signal." Occasionally I will see another flash of the main loading screen but nothing else. The behavior is the same from HDMI and the AV connectors and the LED on the front is green. Any suggestions for doing a forced factory reset to see if I can get the unit going again or is it dead?

Thanks for the replies. Definitely seems to be stuck in a reboot loop (just noticed that the LED will turn red, then solid green for a while and then back to red). I guess I'll order one of the TTL cables to de-brick.

Seems like the firmware is kinda flaky if it's this easy to corrupt the system to an extent that it requires manual programming from a PC. I think a factory reset button would go along way...

Thanks for the replies. Definitely seems to be stuck in a reboot loop (just noticed that the LED will turn red, then solid green for a while and then back to red). I guess I'll order one of the TTL cables to de-brick.

Seems like the firmware is kinda flaky if it's this easy to corrupt the system to an extent that it requires manual programming from a PC. I think a factory reset button would go along way...

You're welcome. Definitely sounds like it's boot-looped, from your description of the light turning red, green, red, etc. Usually the MicroHd will get boot looped when they have older firmware on them and a sat is deleted without removing all the channels from that sat first. That's how I boot looped mine, about an hour after I got it! It's not bad to fix once you have the cable.

When you get the cable, if you have any trouble, put up a post and someone will help out. I totally agree, a factory reset button would save a lot of headaches!

Looking for my first FTA box?

Traxis 6000 HD & diseqc 1.1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)