Mini-Bud (120cm) Motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone w/ a STAUB HH120.... could you please post a picture of the motor installed? Found a picture online but it doesnt look right.

That is a HH120 that PacificRim posted above in his picture.

Thanks Mike.

Looking at the pic... The motor is fasten to the pole, and the dish fasten to the motor.

If all goes to plan, am replacing the 39" w/ a 48" (HH120). Am worried the dish (or motor) might move during strong winds. The actual dish is mounted on the shed room and it would bother me more if the dish blows up rather than the roof itself.

IE- I dont want to have to reaim/adjust it after every storm

It all needs to be tight and if so will stand up in a storm. I also have mine mounted to a thick steel pole in 5 feet of concrete and the metal strapping and turnbuckles keeps the dish and supports tight. My Stab HH120 does not have a problem with slack in a wind storm. I didn't have the cband lnb for all of last winter, though - I put it up for the superbowl and we did have a few big ones after that. Our big storms come from the south-east and hit dishes head on around here, so I'll let you know.

Do you think a 24" j-mount could support an HH120 and 48" dish ?
This last in the yeah, I really don't want to start digging a new hole.

The Channel Master 4' dish comes with amount for a 3" pole, so they seem to think a 1 5/8" pole wouldn't be up to it. Mine (with the HH120) is on a 3" pole, and I wouldn't use anything smaller. The total weight with the motor is about 40 lbs, so if you used a J-mount, it would have to be well-braced.

Can I keep a truck from rolling over me by holding it back with one finger? On flat ground yes. Add a slope, back wind or relax my finger and I will be run over and toast! :eek

Apply this to any question ever asked on this forum.. What is the smallest dish size? Minimum number of bags of cement? Shallowest hole to dig? Smallest post diameter? Plastic or steel? Smallest motor? Cheapest receiver? ......

Yes, I am sure the 1 5/8" post will work if there is not even a slight breeze or a bird doesn't land on the LNBF support arm... :devilish BUT, the first wind will buck the dish like a rodeo cowboy! :D

This is not using a motor but I have a 2 inch pipe with a mount for 2 3/8 inch from a 1 meter dish. My 4 footer is on an adapter to use the mount from the 1 meter thats supposed to use a 3" pipe.

2 inch pipe in ground

Mount uses a 2 3/8 inch pipe

4 footer dish is supposed to have 3 inch mount instead using 2 3/8 inch trying not to get people lost.

Say what? You drunk or got your fingers one key over... lol

I really hate typing on the IPAD!

Sent a memo to the dealer about mounting this since the dish does come w/ a j-mount w/ struts. neighbors w/ 2 story homes, high hedges around the property so am really limited where this can be installed... only real option is the shed roof.

help.jpg

Reactions: Titanium
Any ideas on how to mount/attach a pole to a shed w/ an overlapping roof?
Other concern is the shed *might* move in the winter.

Any ideas on how to mount/attach a pole to a shed w/ an overlapping roof?
Other concern is the shed *might* move in the winter.

https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=335815&eventGroup=4&eventPage=1

There are cheaper options that this and I'm not sure if your shed in strong enough to hold something like this.

http://www.ispsupplies.com/categories/Wall-Pole-Mounts/4-Wall-Mount_2.html

Might work if you build out the wall to clear the roof. I suspect you will need to reinforce this mount no matter what you use. The shed likely wasn't designed to handle that much force on a small area of the wall. Can you do a roof mount? At least this one will let you spread out the work a little. I would use some pressure treated lumber to create mount points that tied several studs together to support the system.

How about taking the pipe clear down to the ground, putting the bottom a couple feet deep in concrete, attaching it to the eave with u-bolts and extending it however much you need to above the roof line. You may have to readjust if the building moved but except for that it would be very solid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)