MLB 2012 Postseason

riffjim4069 said:
We need more runs in Valverde in coming in for the 9th.

I'm glad his first game since the blown save is coming with a little safer lead of at least 4 runs. I didn't want to see him come into a 1 or 2 run game. It's definitely not over but at least there is a little less pressure. Hopefully he can have a good inning and get some confidence back.

riffjim4069 said:
No, they have Dotel warming up.

I would have pulled him after that walk. This was the final straw for me. I would not let him close another game this postseason.

DodgerKing said:
Is Ibanez amazing, or what?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Or Valverde is amazingly awful. He has blown a 3 run and a 4 run lead in this postseason.

Every single Tigers win since 2005 has been despite Leyland. He's absolutely dreadful. Valverde's 2011 season where he was "perfect" in save opportunities may have been the biggest fluke in baseball history. Just so tired of Leyland's "loyalty" to players who have no business losing games.

Well this sounds familiar but that inning was stressful as hell. The good news is that the game isn't over. I'm not ready to kill Leyland yet. I would have taken Valverde out one batter earlier but I would have used him tonight with a 4 game lead. I didn't want his first game back to be in a 1 or 2 run game.

People have been killing Leyland in Detroit as long as I can remember. He did take us to the World Series in 2006, win back to back divisions for the first time since the 30s, and take us to the ALDS back to back. That's a pretty good résumé and I'm not one of the fans who forgot how bad we were before he came to Detroit.

Last edited:
Nice job by Smyly in that inning. I was pretty nervous about a rookie in such a high pressure situation but he got the job done. Tigers have Miggy and Prince leading off this inning. They absolutely have to score here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)