MLB 2022 Season

Josh Hader has really turned things around. Padres tie the NLCS 1-1.
After a shockingly horrendous post trade month of August, he hasn't been charged with an earned run in his last 15 appearances. I have to admit, I was suffering from a bad case of buyers remorse prior to his rather remarkable turn around. I like him now.

Reactions: BillD1984
Meanwhile Justin Verlander is back to the JV we know ....
6 innings, 11 K's, 1 run (Could have went out for the 7th, he was Dominating in the last 3 innings he pitched)
Had a rough first few innings, they ran up his pitch count, 3rd inning came around and he was Dominate from there on.

Set a Playoff record with 5 or 6 K's in a row (don't remember which it was) however, that record tied HIS OWN Record for consecutive K's.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, JV rarely has 2 bad outings in a row.

Just listening to Pedro on the postgame show and he really thinks Verlander can get to 300 career wins. He said that Verlander keeps himself in great shape and wants to be the “Tom Brady” of baseball and pitch til he’s 45. Pedro said he’s rooting for him. He also said that Verlander, without question would be the last 300 game winner that we ever see.

Reactions: Jimbo
After a shockingly horrendous post trade month of August, he hasn't been charged with an earned run in his last 15 appearances. I have to admit, I was suffering from a bad case of buyers remorse prior to his rather remarkable turn around. I like him now.

He is locked in now! Not only from the obvious results, but you can also see it in his body language.

Just listening to Pedro on the postgame show and he really thinks Verlander can get to 300 career wins. He said that Verlander keeps himself in great shape and wants to be the “Tom Brady” of baseball and pitch til he’s 45. Pedro said he’s rooting for him. He also said that Verlander, without question would be the last 300 game winner that we ever see.
IF he's healthy for the next 5 years and with a Contender he could do it.
I like that thinking, it makes me think he may want to actually Stay with Houston, I think he's a FA at seasons end.

As for never seeing another 300 game winner, its very possible, seeing the Starters never go long into games anymore, could go in your favor or against you, depending on who they determine should get the win.
Never really understood that entirely either. How they determine who gets the Win when multiple pitchers pitch .
I've seen a guy come in in the 7th inning, pitch to 1 hitter and end up with the Win.

I saw that too .... Always liked Pedro.

Wow, Really ??????

5 Years later, you still don't think they are any good ..... you are SAD.
No he's right. The Astros pitching are unabashedly cheating by reading the calls of their catcher. You can tell because the pitcher keeps nodding. No respect for the game! ;) (<-- had to put that there for the sarcasm challenged)

IF he's healthy for the next 5 years and with a Contender he could do it.
I like that thinking, it makes me think he may want to actually Stay with Houston, I think he's a FA at seasons end.

As for never seeing another 300 game winner, its very possible, seeing the Starters never go long into games anymore, could go in your favor or against you, depending on who they determine should get the win.
Never really understood that entirely either. How they determine who gets the Win when multiple pitchers pitch .
I've seen a guy come in in the 7th inning, pitch to 1 hitter and end up with the Win.

What I will NEVER understand is how pitchers in the 1960’s and 70’s threw complete games more times that not, AND were generally a part of 4 man rotations. Most years throwing 300+ innings. Yes, there were pitchers with arm issues back then too, but not nearly as much as today. And sports medicine has also come a long way in 50-60 years. I just don’t get it. ‍

As far as seeing future 300 game winners- that ship has sailed a loooooooooong time ago. Too many no decisions because of blown holds and saves, and not as many starts as pitchers had years ago.

I really hate it when Announcers root for a team.
At least 4 times tonight, the call was " If the yankees hit one out here, it will flip the score board " ...

How about calling the game instead of rooting for the yankees ?

Basically, any time the yankees get a hit, they can flip the scoreboard.

Of course with Jose Altuve in a major hitting slump, they have to keep count every time hes up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts