MLB 2022 Season

Fun fact- this is the 6th postseason game of all time between the Phillies and Astros (they played each other in the epic 1980 NLCS), and the last 5 have gone to extra innings.

They need to start these games earlier.

Believe it or not they have been starting earlier the last few years. FOX starts all their pregame BS at 7:00ET now, so first pitch is usually before 8. Years ago the telecast used to start at 8:00 and you’d be lucky to get first pitch at 8:30. I stayed up until 3:30 AM for the Red Sox- Dodgers 2018 World Series game 3 and I had to be in work at 6:00 AM. Even worse for me- the Red Sox lost the game on a Max Muncy walkoff HR in the bottom of the 18th (the only game they lost that series).

Believe it or not they have been starting earlier the last few years. FOX starts all their pregame BS at 7:00ET now, so first pitch is usually before 8. Years ago the telecast used to start at 8:00 and you’d be lucky to get first pitch at 8:30. I stayed up until 3:30 AM for the Red Sox- Dodgers 2018 World Series game 3 and I had to be in work at 6:00 AM. Even worse for me- the Red Sox lost the game (the only game they lost that series).
Start the games at 7 like the regular season.

Not sure, but I Am sure most of the Country will be rooting against the Astros ...
Was glad that Diaz was the final out. It's one thing not making an actual attempt to avoid being hit like he did earlier in the at bat but purposely leaning into what could've been a called strike was blatant cheating. I hate it when athletes attempt to manipulate officials to gain an advantage. Same as flopping in Soccer and Basketball. To me it's just slimy and dishonest.

• Haha
Reactions: AZ.
Was glad that Diaz was the final out. It's one thing not making an actual attempt to avoid being hit like he did earlier in the at bat but purposely leaning into what could've been a called strike was blatant cheating. I hate it when athletes attempt to manipulate officials to gain an advantage. Same as flopping in Soccer and Basketball. To me it's just slimy and dishonest.
Rizzo does it regularly, and leads the league in getting hit.

Btw, would you be willing to stand in the way of a 95 +mph pitch without trying to get out of the way ?

Fwiw, I have never seen Diaz do that before.

World Series is now a best of 5.
As expected ...
Astros Rarely have 2 losses in a row ...
I was going to say Bad games, but game 1 really wasn't a bad game, just didn't go thier way.
Also expect JV to come out and be much better next time, if this series goes that far.

Personally, IF the series should go 7 (which is always a possibility) I would think the Astros would go with JV in game 6 and Valdez in game 7 ...
At least I would.

As expected ...
Astros Rarely have 2 losses in a row ...
I was going to say Bad games, but game 1 really wasn't a bad game, just didn't go thier way.
Also expect JV to come out and be much better next time, if this series goes that far.

Personally, IF the series should go 7 (which is always a possibility) I would think the Astros would go with JV in game 6 and Valdez in game 7 ...
At least I would.

Considering the 2 off days for travel, I would think Verlander is set up to go in Game 5 and Valdez in Game 6. That would give Verlander 4 days rest between starts and Valdez 5 days rest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts