MLB 2022 Season

I guess your right, Kershaw does get beat up as well.
In Kershaws defense, would they have gotten there without him ?

The Astros, yes, Probably would have gotten there with or without JV.
I'm just hoping he puts it together next time out, but I'm not as sure as I was during the season.

He was dominate in the first 3 innings in the last outing, then it fell apart ...
He could come out and go 6 or 7 of 2 hit 0 run ball just as easily as him getting hit hard.

That Astros rarely play 2 bad games in a row and J.V. rarely has 2 bad outings in a row ...
Yesterday Astros probably played one of thier worst games all year.

Damn Phillies just keep fighting ... I like thier spunk, but they need to QUIT IT !

I predict right here, right now that Verlander comes up BIG in his next start. Whether the Astros win that game remains to be seen, but I think JV will do his part.

Verlander is slated to pitch tomorrow.

It’s obviously working out right now, but I was mildly surprised that Dusty didn’t start Verlander tonight. With Monday night’s rainout, Verlander would have been pitching on a full 4 days rest tonight AND he would have been available to start a potential Game 7 on 3 days rest. The rotation for the remainder of the series would have been Verlander-Javier-Valdez-Verlander (and a full bullpen). Now you have Verlander tomorrow night, Valdez in Game 6, but then you have either McCullers (who looked very shaky last night) on full rest or Javier (on short rest) and a bullpen game for a potential Game 7.

It’s obviously working out right now, but I was mildly surprised that Dusty didn’t start Verlander tonight. With Monday night’s rainout, Verlander would have been pitching on a full 4 days rest tonight AND he would have been available to start a potential Game 7 on 3 days rest. The rotation for the remainder of the series would have been Verlander-Javier-Valdez-Verlander (and a full bullpen). Now you have Verlander tomorrow night, Valdez in Game 6, but then you have either McCullers (who looked very shaky last night) on full rest or Javier (on short rest) and a bullpen game for a potential Game 7.
Personally, I would go with Javier on short rest than McCullers, however, I think Dusty would start Lance and have all the others behind him.

Still a long way to go tonight yet.

Personally, I would go with Javier on short rest than McCullers, however, I think Dusty would start Lance and have all the others behind him.

I’m with you, I’d go with Javier. It was Javier that turned the ALCS around against the Red Sox last year. Just like this series, the Astros were trailing the series 2-1 and Javier shut the Red Sox down (in relief of Zach Greinke) at Fenway. The Astros went on to win the series 4 games to 2. Could history be repeating itself?

Reactions: Jimbo

Still a long way to go tonight yet.
Its All Over for tonight ...
Astros No Hit the Phillies tonight ...

Bill, you spoke of wanting Javier to pitch again ...
Remember, Framber Valdez is Better than Javier.

Its All Over for tonight ...
Astros No Hit the Phillies tonight ...

Bill, you spoke of wanting Javier to pitch again ...
Remember, Framber Valdez is Better than Javier.

But in my scenario, Valdez was always pitching Game 6. What was different was Verlander starting tonight and Javier in Game 5. But it’s all a moot point now, because it looks like Dusty Baker knows a little bit more than I do.

Reactions: Foxbat
Why? The Astros have Valdez lined up for Game 6 in what would be an elimination game for the Phillies (with an Astros win tomorrow night).
Because Verlander HAS to get a Win this time around.

Btw, ARod just mentioned that If it went 7 the Astros would probably go with Javier ... I LOVE that idea.

Because Verlander HAS to get a Win this time around.

Btw, ARod just mentioned that If it went 7 the Astros would probably go with Javier ... I LOVE that idea.

For my money they have to go with Javier in a potential Game 7. Even if they get 3 or 4 strong innings from him, they can back fill with McCullers and the rest of the bullpen. If they started McCullers and he got lit up in the first couple of the innings, what if the Astros lineup got shut down and then you have Javier and the rest of the bullpen not even having a chance to impact the game? Dusty Baker would rightfully get crucified if that happened.

For my money they have to go with Javier in a potential Game 7. Even if they get 3 or 4 strong innings from him, they can back fill with McCullers and the rest of the bullpen. If they started McCullers and he got lit up in the first couple of the innings, what if the Astros lineup got shut down and then you have Javier and the rest of the bullpen not even having a chance to impact the game? Dusty Baker would rightfully get crucified if that happened.
Hopefully it doesn't get that far ...
World Series Win GIF by MLB