MLB...Looking forward to it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
You guys see yet what channel the new MLB network is going to be on? I want to DVR the launch and some of the Burns series. I can't believe as much of a baseball guy that I am that I never have taken the time to see that. Did however sit through the Blu-Ray that the Phils put out last month, wife got it for me for the holidays, Fantastic!!

Not sure which channel it will be on. I read in SI that they are going to show Don Larsen's 1956 perfect game sometime on Friday.

Right next to the NHL Network (215)....good channel location choice. I'm a fan of both sports.

I can wait. Last year was the first time I subscribed to MLB EI when I with Charter. It will be nice with Direct and all the HD options. Charter didn't have HD on any of the MLBEI games last year.

Got the January issue of Access DirecTV yesterday and its listed on Choice Package.

I can't wait for baseball. No more football til August :( I hate basketball and hockey!

I love your avatar Shaq. Hilarious!

Last edited:
Is anyone able to tune to this channel yet? I made the switch to D* because of MLB Net (and SWM). Can't wait to see it light up! Please post if it has shown up for you.....

Do you know if this is case for all providers carrying this channel? IOW, did MLB make a condition that it must be in one of the lower packages?

Not 100% sure, but that is what they have been fighting for (not to end up like NBA TV).

Which is another reason it won't be on Dish Jan 1.

I have not heard of any providers offering it on a premium tier, it seems MLB is requiring all or nothing. (excluding the very basic packages - family or basic cable).

Says that that they will air old World Series games in hd.

I wonder if their hd is the same as pushing a button and stretching the content?:rolleyes:

I am thinking they have not had enough time to remaster the originals even if they are on film and not video. Hope I am wrong!!

MLB classic World Series to air in HD | HD-Report

Says that that they will air old World Series games in hd.

I wonder if their hd is the same as pushing a button and stretching the content?:rolleyes:

I am thinking they have not had enough time to remaster the originals even if they are on film and not video. Hope I am wrong!!

MLB classic World Series to air in HD | HD-Report
That is what I was wondering. They are supposed to be digitally remastered for a crisper picture. Hopefully they leave it in the original 4:3 aspect ratio. If they stretch it, I will not be happy.

According to what I have heard the classic games will be 4:3 with graphic or black pillar bars. The proper aspect ratio will be maintained. Hopefully this info is correct.

It will be cool to watch the original commercials! Since I was only two when they aired, I doubt I will remember any of them.;)

Does anyone know why the NBA channel is not in the 212-220 grouping and why you have to have the Sports Pack to have it? Seems out of place to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)