MLB Network

The thread is about MLB Network, not MLB:EI, so I was referring to the former, although the reason Dish doesn't have it is the latter. We are not all the baseball fans you are. I'd take RFD-TV HD before I'd take MLB Network HD. But that's me.

Don't fret it...there are about three D* subs who LOVE posting in the E* forums on occasions for the sole purpose of, as they say, "correcting misinformation" and "telling us where we are wrong"...lol...

But IMHO...yes, I would LOVE to see MLB Network on Dish, and I will be disappointeded if they don't get it. Its a far more meaningful channel than some overpriced sports package or some ridiculous part-time RSN that either displays a logo most of the time, or worse yet, lets its most valueable content be subject to blackouts while still having the nerve to call itself fulltime.

Dish should be willing to cough up the cabbage for MLB Network, as a real fulltime channel, its worth it.

Don't fret it...there are about three D* subs who LOVE posting in the E* forums on occasions for the sole purpose of, as they say, "correcting misinformation" and "telling us where we are wrong"...lol...

But IMHO...yes, I would LOVE to see MLB Network on Dish, and I will be disappointeded if they don't get it. Its a far more meaningful channel than some overpriced sports package or some ridiculous part-time RSN that either displays a logo most of the time, or worse yet, lets its most valueable content be subject to blackouts while still having the nerve to call itself fulltime.

Dish should be willing to cough up the cabbage for MLB Network, as a real fulltime channel, its worth it.
Give it up Vampz. You know I seldom if ever post on the Dish side. In fact, aside from this thread, I would love for you to point out how many time I have posted on the Dish side in the last few months.

The sole purpose you post anywhere is to cause problems, proven by your bannings and constant warnings. Even in this thread, you cannot post about this particular issue without talking about others.

Besides, did I say anything that was incorrect?

Verizon FIOS just added the MLB Network a month ago but they also added EI at the same time. So it appears the EI and the MLB Network are still tied together.

Verizon FIOS just added the MLB Network a month ago but they also added EI at the same time. So it appears the EI and the MLB Network are still tied together.
They are, only in the sense that the provider must have EI in order to carry this channel. It is not part of the EI package however. It is part of one of the lower package channels with most of the providers (i.e. with Direct it is part of the Choice Package). This means that even those subs that do not subscribe to EI can still get this channel.

Give it up Vampz. You know I seldom if ever post on the Dish side. In fact, aside from this thread, I would love for you to point out how many time I have posted on the Dish side in the last few months.

The sole purpose you post anywhere is to cause problems, proven by your bannings and constant warnings. Even in this thread, you cannot post about this particular issue without talking about others.

Besides, did I say anything that was incorrect?

You did...

You 'assumed' that I was only talking about you...:)

You were also wrong in assuming that I wasn't agreeing with you at least to some extent. I do believe that since E* wasn't offering the overpriced MLB-EI, that they should put forth the effort in at least offering MLB-Network. That just makes sense to me...

And my only point to other than that to HDRoberts was the simple fact that there DO exist a select few D* subs that enjoy posting here whenever they feel there is an opportunity to preach their doctrine. In evitably, it is alwasy the threads regarding Tivo or sports channels or some negative news regarding E*. The pattern does exist. Now whether or not you feel you are part of that pattern? I make no accusations, just to thine own self be true. My ownly simple comment there was a rather general one, that being if anyone feels goaded into sidebar conversation on the greatness of the D* sports packs or how bad E* stinks compared to D* because of them, its best to just not engage in such conversation with the offender, since the outcome is all too predictible. Thats all... :)

Have a happy new year...

DISH is still losing people because of MLB. DISH had MLB on their website on 1/07 when I paid $200 for my 622. DISH refuses to pay ??? for EI, whimpers about putting up one lousy Baseball channel. Now with Ciel 2 spotbeaming, 'moving' will not work too well (for HD Locals). So I hope that I can get Fox, CBS and NBC OTA HD come February or I may be gone. I also have FiOS internet, so that is an option IF they have lots of HD Baseball.

DISH continues to lose so many high end Football and Baseball fans to D* and in some cases, cable. They still do not understand that sports is a driver for HD. No YES Network and others, DISH really needs to wise up. The lower end consumer will reduce their packages, perhaps not pay at all in this big recession.
:hungry: for EI

:wave:

Want Sports? DIRECTV. If the MLB Network is anywhere near as Boring as the NFL Network (The Scouting Combine? Really?) then you'd probably enjoy the grass growing channel in HD. I have my local teams in HD. That's plenty.

They are, only in the sense that the provider must have EI in order to carry this channel.
Once again, where is the proof that this is the case? I have never seen that stated officially and it would seem a little backwards to me, as MLB doesn't gain anything by withholding this channel from E* subscribers. Based on what I have read, I believe MLB Network is required in order to carry Extra Innings, but not vice versa.

Once again, where is the proof that this is the case? I have never seen that stated officially and it would seem a little backwards to me, as MLB doesn't gain anything by withholding this channel from E* subscribers. Based on what I have read, I believe MLB Network is required in order to carry Extra Innings, but not vice versa.

This would make sense if MLB uses the same business model that NFL uses which is that Dish or any other carrier does not have to offer the NFL package in order to have the NFL network.
In fact, carriage agreements for the NFL package and the NFL network are separate entities as evidenced by the fact that many cable systems do not carry the NFL channel. Charter cable is one example.

To be honest, I don't know if this is truly the case. I am just typing what I have heard others say.

so there is hope that dish can change their minds and add this channel and the EI package? I personally don't care about the Ei-i can get that on the computer but i am going to to want this MLB channel since its 24/7 baseball with some live games during the season. WAKE UP dish and get this channel please!

so there is hope that dish can change their minds and add this channel and the EI package? I personally don't care about the Ei-i can get that on the computer but i am going to to want this MLB channel since its 24/7 baseball with some live games during the season. WAKE UP dish and get this channel please!

Highly improbable. Despite the best efforts of Dish's woeful marketing department, sports is not a priority for Charlie Co. If you legitimately want the MLB channel, you better call DirecTV and get an installation scheduled.

I recall Charlie E. talking about this issue on one of the Charlie Chats last year. His comment, as I recall, was that there wouldn't be enough regular watchers to justify the bandwidth for the MLB channel. While I think he's probably wrong, he's the one with the bandwidth problems--and he may even be right. If MLB channel isn't linked at the hip with EI we may get it when more space opens up in a year or two.

mhowie said "...sports is not a priority for Charlie..."

Partly right: providing channels that viewers want is his priority. On the other hand: carriage of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNClassic, ESPNews, ESPNU, Speed, CSTV, VS., FSN, WFN, NFL Network, Golf Channel, HRTV, TVG, NBA, NHL, numerous RSNs, Tennis, etc. shows he is pretty conscious of the sports draw...that's a hefty list and I'm sure I missed some.

mhowie said "...sports is not a priority for Charlie..."

Partly right: providing channels that viewers want is his priority. On the other hand: carriage of ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNClassic, ESPNews, ESPNU, Speed, CSTV, VS., FSN, WFN, NFL Network, Golf Channel, HRTV, TVG, NBA, NHL, numerous RSNs, Tennis, etc. shows he is pretty conscious of the sports draw...that's a hefty list and I'm sure I missed some.

Your argument might have a modicum of merit if all the channels from the list which are offered in HD were being delivered (in HD) to Charlie's customers. Sports viewers are primary consumers of HDTVs.

Your argument might have a modicum of merit if all the channels from the list which are offered in HD were being delivered (in HD) to Charlie's customers. Sports viewers are primary consumers of HDTVs.

I think it has a "modicum" of merit even if only half of it is HD. "Modicum" typically means "some" or "a bit" and surely my comment reaches that minimal threshold?:):) (Just kidding with you!)

Have a great day,
Fitzie

You would be in so much trouble from certain members of your flock if they heard you give a lame response like that...'
Of course, I can always lie and make things up like you often do. Perhaps that may be considered a better response?