Mobile Sling Issue

insul1n

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2008
South Georgia
I have contacted Dish and Sling about this, but no one has an answer. I had a sling account years ago that I no longer use. The email address for it is the same I use for Dish. When I went to the Dish remote site and clicked on Go Mobile to view from a phone it said it needed to create a sling account (with the email address already filled in). It said it did and gave me a registration code. Problem is, when I log into the account from the phone, it says there are no sling devices associated with this account. I am assuming it must be logging into my old sling account and dish is never creating the account it needs. I tried logging into the sling account and changing the email address associated with it whiched it allowed me to do. When I go back to the dish remote site it says it creates an account and everything but now the sling player says Im using says bad username/password. I then tried changing my email with Dish but what ever I change me email address to, the dish remote site still tries using the old address. Sling said since its a 922 they don't support it and can't help me. Dish said they had no idea and they would try and contact the dish people who handle the dish remote site but I have not heard anything back. Anyone have any ideas?

I've got the login and everything working but it still tells me there are no slings attached to my account. Dish is absolutely no help.

Called Dish again and got someone actually willing to contact the engineers. They showed me how to get the Sling ID and password from the receiver. (Hitting Menu twice on the remote). They then had me log into www.slingbox.com and add the receiver that way. After adding it, everything worked perfect. I have to say I am very impressed with the quality of the mobile sling (windows mobile phone). Definitely glad I got the 922.

Have been trying to get a solution to this problem since I got my DVR 922 and my iPhone Slingplayer Mobile app two months ago (or more). The Dish Remote Access functionality is not available from within the Slingplayer app. When you touch the Dish icon it tells me that I don't have any Sling Devices on line although it lands in the Device Directory and I can see my DVRR 922 in the list. If I touch it, I can watch TV. But, I want the same navigation capability I have in the Dish Remote Access app which is what the Dish Icon is supposed to take you to. (BTW, the Dish Remote Access app works great).

This morning I spent an hour and a half going through four Dish Customer Support operators after the @dishnetwork Twitter team said they had 922 experts and gave me the support number. Operators were (Heather - NFR, Richard - CFO, Travis - JFB, and Ralph - Q6F).

They decided there was nothing that could be done. And, Sling won't help! How do we get this issue resolved.

Ralph, the Advanced Technical Support person said he forwarded the issue on to Technical Operations. I asked if they would let me know what was going on, and he said no.

If anyone knows how to make this work or who I can talk to to get the issue resolved, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dale

I had the same problem. Hit menu menu on your 922 remote. Get your sling I.d and go to the setup at slings website. Add your sling # off your 922. It'll work. Took me 3 hours worth of calling dish and sling to realize they didn't know how. So I took it upon myself to figure out. I was scared I had just wasted 30 bucks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I had the same problem. Hit menu menu on your 922 remote. Get your sling I.d and go to the setup at slings website. Add your sling # off your 922. It'll work.

Thanks Ziggy,

Do you mean the R 00 etc. Number that they prompt you for when you go to dish.sling.com like they ask. If so, when I enter the number it tells me that my machine is not online even though it is and I can watch it with the Slingplayer app. At that point, my only option is to go back.

What URL did you go to or or how did you get to Setup? I think I've already done that and my DVR shows up in the Directory list in the Slingplayer app.

Thanks!

Dale

After hitting menu, menu on the system info screen, its on the bottom. These u need.
Sling password:
Sling finder I d:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)